R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2014, 07:16 PM   #106
Tech Master
 
mikel33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,431
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecaptain View Post
Can you elaborate on the track challenge?
Its just something we cooked up last year (I think). We often see groups of guys from the same track come to the race. This gives you the opportunity to race as a 'team'. We take the 5 fastest guys from each track and combine their runs together and rank that track's performance. The overall fastest group wins the track challenge. I think we also have provision if you only have 3 or 4 guys. We also allow (I think) smaller groups of racers to group together.
__________________
Michael Larson.

Village Idiot Racing - Now accepting driver applications.
mikel33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #107
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel33 View Post
Its just something we cooked up last year (I think). We often see groups of guys from the same track come to the race. This gives you the opportunity to race as a 'team'. We take the 5 fastest guys from each track and combine their runs together and rank that track's performance. The overall fastest group wins the track challenge. I think we also have provision if you only have 3 or 4 guys. We also allow (I think) smaller groups of racers to group together.
Haha what if there is two of us? Are we not included (understandable if we are) just curious.
thecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:36 PM   #108
Tech Elite
 
jlfx car audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: jackson,tn
Posts: 3,369
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Well between me, matt , and myron we have 6 entries. Since we r the only 3 from thunder will our 5 faster runs be ok?
__________________
Justin & Matt Lyons
Awesomatix USA, EA motorsports, Sanwa, Protoform, Avid, Gravity Rc , TSR!
a800s sanwa m12s
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #109
Tech Regular
 
waltss2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 461
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I need a XXXL and a L shirts please. Bumbed about no 12th scale class.
waltss2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #110
Tech Elite
 
Rick Vessell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Mars
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecaptain View Post
Haha what if there is two of us? Are we not included (understandable if we are) just curious.
Hey, I'm a team of one so I'm in worse shape than you.
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #111
Tech Elite
 
Rick Vessell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Mars
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I'll take a L shirt please.
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:45 PM   #112
Tech Regular
 
waltss2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 461
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I was looking forward to racing 1/12 scale as well as another guy coming up with me. Well I guess I will have to find another chassis or just settle for USGT and 17.5 TC.
waltss2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:42 PM   #113
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winthrop harbor
Posts: 2,293
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
Well between me, matt , and myron we have 6 entries. Since we r the only 3 from thunder will our 5 faster runs be ok?
Sorry Justin, it's based on your qualification position.
__________________
Team Novak,Gravity RC,
ercwhtsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:48 PM   #114
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)
Default

This wasnt brought up so I thought this is a valid topic. Now that there are more than 1 type of transponder, which works at your track? The two or the three wire transponders?
thecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #115
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chi-Town West Burbs
Posts: 1,436
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecaptain View Post
This wasnt brought up so I thought this is a valid topic. Now that there are more than 1 type of transponder, which works at your track? The two or the three wire transponders?
2 wire only.
__________________
Goals Achieved....Running at the End and Not Dead Last.
mooby64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:52 PM   #116
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)
Default

Alright cool. Thank you. For tire dope sxt only right? And tc tiredms jaco blues and sweep 32s is. That correct as well.
thecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:10 PM   #117
Tech Elite
 
jlfx car audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: jackson,tn
Posts: 3,369
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Thats what I ment to say . So the 3 of ur r still elegable ?
ok last questions to confirm
is their decent sitting room for family or do/can I bring a chair?
And also is their a better route to get thru chicago coming from the south. Google is telling me theirs toll roads ?
__________________
Justin & Matt Lyons
Awesomatix USA, EA motorsports, Sanwa, Protoform, Avid, Gravity Rc , TSR!
a800s sanwa m12s
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:10 PM   #118
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winthrop harbor
Posts: 2,293
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecaptain View Post
Alright cool. Thank you. For tire dope sxt only right? And tc tiredms jaco blues and sweep 32s is. That correct as well.
SXT 3.0 or LGC are the only compounds.

Tires for sedan are Gravity RC Type C, Sweep QTS 32, or Jaco Blues. I am told those can be gotten through BSR direct.
__________________
Team Novak,Gravity RC,
ercwhtsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #119
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winthrop harbor
Posts: 2,293
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
Thats what I ment to say . So the 3 of ur r still elegable ?
ok last questions to confirm
is their decent sitting room for family or do/can I bring a chair?
And also is their a better route to get thru chicago coming from the south. Google is telling me theirs toll roads ?
There are places for your mom to sit trackside, not the greatest but a few.

Coming through the City really depends on the time you hit the southside. The toll road is by far the easiest and takes you out and around the city and eliminates some headaches. If you are coming into the city around the 5 p.m. time frame, I would recommend 294 toll road. The traffic pattern changes to get folks out of the city quickly and restricts in-bound traffic.
__________________
Team Novak,Gravity RC,
ercwhtsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #120
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ercwhtsd View Post
SXT 3.0 or LGC are the only compounds.

Tires for sedan are Gravity RC Type C, Sweep QTS 32, or Jaco Blues. I am told those can be gotten through BSR direct.
Sweet thank you for the response just making sure what I was running is "legal" there. Also how do the Gravity Rc type C tires compare to the Jaco Blues and the Sweep 32s?
thecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:20 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net