Tech Fanatic

so if i go to hobbytown in glen burnie md

they sould be cheaper i need carpet tires
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 06:08 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDeeDubYax
TEAMGP: Thats funny, i happen to be one of the guys that laughed at your pretty tires. As i am at the track more than you have been, i cant say i missed a day that you were there and raced, in the past year. With THAT said, i have yet to recall a single A main you have won, much less place in, unless it was novice. Can you please refresh my memory? - DaveW
Dave,

That's not a problem.

I'm the first one to admit that you are one of the top drivers in our area and in a league that I haven't attained yet. I would expect as much seeing that I have only one year of experience in TC racing and 18 months in RC period. However, your assessment of my track time is incorrect, the past few months withstanding. Just about any of the employee's at Debbies can attest to the fact that up until July, I was at the track more than anyone who doesn't work there (and the UPS/FEDEX people ). This includes many weekdays and also when I assisted Brian, Keith and others with building both layouts. In June, I was frequently the only one there for the 90F+ days when no one else was willing to sweat.

If you have the time to lookup the race results on the track website ( www.debbiesrcworld.com ), you'll find the answer to your question in the results for the following dates:

* April 23rd - You weren't there. I started in 6th place and made my way to 3rd by the end of the first lap and to 2nd by the end of the fifth lap. I had a good battle for second with Justin for the rest of the race but I took it for good with 6 laps to go.
* May 7th - You weren't there. I started last in 7th place, made it to 4th by the end of the first lap, 3rd by the third lap, 2nd by the seventh lap and finally to 1st by mid race. After that I was consistently faster than everyone else for the last 14 laps and posted my fastest lap time on the last lap. I guess you could say that for the first time I was able to overcome my nerves and focus. I owe this win to Mike M. who gave me some great advice on how to setup the car for greater confidence and consistency with each lap. I actually barely qualified for the A with 25 [email protected]:09, but the small setup change and fresh tires helped me to 27 [email protected]:10 in the main.
* May 14th - You were there and won it. I started last in 8th place and made my way to 3rd by the fourth lap, where I stayed for over half the race; but rubbing is racing and a few altercations with lapped traffic bumped me back to 6th by the end.
* May 28th - You were there and won it. Unfortunately, I got to the track late with only one qualifier left and couldn't overcome lapped traffic enough to make it to the A main. Everyone was driving very well that day and one qualifier wasn't going to cut it. Of course I'll be practicing how to handle lapped traffic more.

NOTE: In all of the races I was still running the old trusty FK04, while posting better or the same lap and race times than several FK05, JRXS, and RDX drivers. But it was definitely noticeable at the last race in May that these other drivers were dialing in their cars better and the FK05's were on average .2 seconds faster per lap. Consequently I acquired an 05 in June, but have never race tested it on carpet yet since everybody had switched to asphalt locally.

But I have to wonder if your intentions are truly honorable seeing as you asked the question in full public view and not via PM or even in person. My question to you is, are you really trying to question my character or am I being too "sensitive"?

If I've taken you out of context, then you'll have to forgive me. Unfortunately it seems that other local drivers have recently gone the derogatory and slanderous route by talking behind my back and taking a few shots publicly on the forums, AFTER hearing that I have a full manufacturer sponsorship. Of course this happened last December at HT where I found out that some had questioned whether or not I was cheating with motors when I placed 3rd in the A main behind Tim and Ike with my "pretty" PTI Racing Chevy SS Concept body (that some laughed at) and Nitro Shoe shod FK04. This was the first race that I ever qualified for the A main. I've even had my motor mentor tell me that some have asked him why he helps me with motors.

Mike F. told me something back at HT that I fully understand now. Sponsorship more often than not is more about knowing what you're talking about, being professional and helping customers, than it is about driving skills. I fully respect you and the other drivers that are currently faster than me. But this doesn't mean that any of you couldn't learn something from me as well.

I'm still the same "Guy" that has been, and is always willing to, give any of you a $20 part, $40 set of tires, or brand new $180 ESC for $100 to keep if you're in a bind. I'm still the same Christian that is actually willing to stand up for what I believe to be right both at the track and on the forums. I'm still the corner worker that is willing to pay for any part damaged on a car due to my lack of concentration or quickness on the track.

Character is not a question for me. It's what Jesus Christ requires from me.

NOTE: Sorry to all those looking for Jaco tire news.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***

Last edited by teamgp; 09-15-2005 at 09:17 AM.
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:09 PM   #63
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

If Jaco does get the new TC Wraps for Vegas will there be enough of them for everyone?? I don't want to stock up if there will be a new tire at the race. Thanks Jack for any info.
www.FinishLineRaceway.com
dmayhew25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:13 PM   #64
Tech Fanatic

They will be available at the race from the on-track hobby shop. We are shipping the first batch out tomorrow.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:08 PM   #65

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Jack- Cool to know that these will be at AmpDraw on time for vegas, thanks. The shop and people will be happy!
Old 09-14-2005, 10:39 PM   #66
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jack you had mentioned in the 12th thread about redoing the wheel design/material on the 12th wheels. are the new 2-stage tires on a different rim/wheel?
fast-ho-cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 07:07 AM   #67
Tech Adept

- DaveW
xDeeDubYax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 07:14 AM   #68
Tech Fanatic

It is the same design, but the wheel has been reinforced around the front bearings and the OD and boltholes on the rear. It is also made from a stronger material to resist breakage.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:39 AM   #69
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi Jack,

Any idea when you will be getting the two-stage sedan tires to Horizon??

Thanks,

Skip Starkey
skipstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:28 AM   #70
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

Questions for anyone who has used the new tire.

- I currently am running D/Pink/orange in the front and D/Pink in the rear. What compound would you run with the new tires and what effect did it have on your car?

- What size do you run them at?

- Any other helpful hints would be nice as I have been testing on one tire and will have to switch it up at the race if they prove to be faster!! I hate last minute changes, oh well its VEGAS !!

Thanks for the help.
www.FinishLineRaceway.com
dmayhew25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:34 AM   #71
Tech Master

Who said that foam tire carpet racing was easier on the regular racers ,than would rubber tires.. WOW.. It is amazing the technical advances that have gone into a regular foam tires.. I guess pinks and purples are a thing of the past....
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:08 AM   #72
Tech Fanatic

Actually, this makes things easier. We only offer one compound of front (double pink/ orange) and one rear (double pink) in the 2-stage tires.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:37 PM   #73
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDeeDubYax
TEAMGP: Thats funny, i happen to be one of the guys that laughed at your pretty tires. As i am at the track more than you have been, i cant say i missed a day that you were there and raced, in the past year. With THAT said, i have yet to recall a single A main you have won, much less place in, unless it was novice. Can you please refresh my memory?

- DaveW
You have to take out the guys in front of you and then start counting. As far as I know, 28mm is still the max legal width for electric sedans.
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 03:02 PM   #74
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
It is the same design, but the wheel has been reinforced around the front bearings and the OD and boltholes on the rear. It is also made from a stronger material to resist breakage.
Nick-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 04:16 PM   #75
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin
You have to take out the guys in front of you and then start counting. As far as I know, 28mm is still the max legal width for electric sedans.
And 24mm is still the minimum legal width...oh the humanity!!!

Better watch out for the tire cops then...

Jack,

Are there any plans for other compounds or 26mm widths?
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote