R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2005, 06:21 AM   #421
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 185
Default ?????

No, Jack has not sold his company...this is just a crazy rumor. Trinity will be selling the 2 stage etc Jaco tires at Cleveland.....because we think the tires are good and a lot of people will want them. Thats it and thats the end of the rumor......lol
ErnieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:17 AM   #422
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 793
Default

jrrc- Does this only happen on the 2-stage tires or on all tires? I don't know why it would be exclusive to the wraps. You may want to try washing out the tires with soap and water. Sometimes this works great and sometimes it seems to have no effect. Many people use lighter fluid to clean the tires and claim it works well. Is this a problem that everyone at your track is having?

BigJim- We do guarantee our tires to be free of manufacturing defects, and recently we have extended that assurance to include rim breakage. We did this because last year we had some wheels that were brittle. We have since fixed this problem (so far so good), but will still honor our guarantee. The problem is that many of the wheels we get back have been absolutely brutalized. Someone obviously used them until they were worn down and then they "broke" so they wanted them replaced. I'm not saying this was always the case. The majority of our customers sincerely had problems and we fixed them, but it is frustrating as a manufacturer trying to do right by our customers and have some people abuse the system.

JohnQ- I think Ernie summed it up pretty good. We have a new product that is in high demand at the moment. Trinity saw an opportunity to profit from this by selling them at their booth in Cleveland. Since in previous years we have not been able to sell our tires at this race, we obviously agreed. After all, I do run a business and any opportunity to increase sales is welcome.
I know this is a small industry and any news that seems contradictory raises suspicions. However, the business climate has changed in our market. With the advent of the internet and increased foreign competition, we must seize any opportunity to boost sales. Trinity is not immune to this situation, nor is JACO. I can understand rumors getting started, but ours is a relationship of convenience. I assure you, we have not been bought. I know this is disappointing to conspiracy theorists, but there are plenty of other rumors out there to conjure up.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:36 AM   #423
Tech Elite
 
Carl Giordano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Upper Saddle RIver, NJ
Posts: 2,301
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=
BigJim- We do guarantee our tires to be free of manufacturing defects, and recently we have extended that assurance to include rim breakage. We did this because last year we had some wheels that were brittle. We have since fixed this problem (so far so good), but will still honor our guarantee. The problem is that many of the wheels we get back have been absolutely brutalized. Someone obviously used them until they were worn down and then they "broke" so they wanted them replaced. I'm not saying this was always the case. The majority of our customers sincerely had problems and we fixed them, but it is frustrating as a manufacturer trying to do right by our customers and have some people abuse the system.

[/QUOTE]

Jack,

I have a few sets of JACO 1/12th scale wraps purchased last season just before the electric carpet nationals, new in the box...am I going to have problems with these rims??? OF the sets I used I did notice that the rims, especially the front are out of round but not broken. I just figured this typically happens to 1/12th scale fronts...

During the off season...I usually store my electric foams in zip lock bags...is there anything else you would recommend? Someone mentioned to sauce the tires before storing them...can't see how this helps.
Thanks
__________________
Mugen Racing / OS Engines / KO Propo / Byron Fuels / Schuur Speed Motors / AKA / Bruckner Hobbies / Tamiya M-Chassis / Kyosho / Yokomo / 360v2 Raceway / Cruzin with RC
Carl Giordano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 08:05 AM   #424
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrc
Jack,

I'm getting a LOT of build up on the two stage tires (12th stock and sedan stock). We are using Calandra carpet and TQ Orange (only type allowed). The car seems to get slower as the evening goes on. I am cleaning with motor spray after each run. Is there a better way to clean the tires? Our track has a lot of bite, but not as much as Vegas. I'm willing to run fresh rubber each run (and then clean them all at home) if I have to, but would prefer not to do that.

Thanks
Jim,

I think this is a by-product of the new Calandra carpet. It is the same carpet that was used at Vegas and we experienced the same issue there that we are seeing at our track. At the Region 12 indoor champs in Gilroy it was not so much a problem and they have the older carpet although there was still build up on the tires. It also took much longer for that black groove to develop at Gilroy.

I just clean with motor spray after every round and then sauce the tires and wipe them off good before I go onto the track. I think we would be seeing the same thing with non-wrap tires as well.

I do not notice any big change from the start of the heat, from the end of the heat other than the batteries dropping off some. What handling changes you are experiencing from the beginning of the heat from the end of the heat?
Crashby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:32 AM   #425
Tech Master
 
Jeff Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashby
Jim,

I think this is a by-product of the new Calandra carpet. It is the same carpet that was used at Vegas and we experienced the same issue there that we are seeing at our track. At the Region 12 indoor champs in Gilroy it was not so much a problem and they have the older carpet although there was still build up on the tires. It also took much longer for that black groove to develop at Gilroy.

I just clean with motor spray after every round and then sauce the tires and wipe them off good before I go onto the track. I think we would be seeing the same thing with non-wrap tires as well.

I do not notice any big change from the start of the heat, from the end of the heat other than the batteries dropping off some. What handling changes you are experiencing from the beginning of the heat from the end of the heat?
Well, best option is to use them only once a night and clean afterwards.

If you don't want to do that. I would recommend cleaning them after the run and then put them on the truer to skim off a tick of rubber. It is usually just the outside that is loaded up so a light pass will help, plus the heat from skimming will help dry them out. In the high bite tracks fresh skimmed tires feel the best anyways.

Jeff
__________________
SXT Traction Compounds | www.TractionCompound.com
Jeff Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:50 AM   #426
Tech Master
 
Keith Billanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: BUFFALO
Posts: 1,794
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Well, best option is to use them only once a night and clean afterwards.

If you don't want to do that. I would recommend cleaning them after the run and then put them on the truer to skim off a tick of rubber. It is usually just the outside that is loaded up so a light pass will help, plus the heat from skimming will help dry them out. In the high bite tracks fresh skimmed tires feel the best anyways.

Jeff
that is the best option.. but unfortunately, at the current time I cannot afford that many tires, i am sure most are the same way, or at least dont want to lay out for a set per run. For the Classic,, NO BS.. I ran the same set of tires all weekend.

well, let me clairify that. I had one set for 19t and one set for stock. Friday I ran old tires for practice, then saturday I ran fresh tires in both classes. By sunday they were smoked but they worked just fine all weekend.

I clean them after every run with motor cleaner. And i had to re smooth the glue edge after round 4. I started them at 57mm and now the frotns are probably around 55.25.. the rears 56.25.

//KBpower
__________________
OUT
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:34 PM   #427
Tech Fanatic
 
Martin Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 827
Default tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Gray
Martin - The 2stage tires make your car easier to drive, more stable, and you gain a bit of corner speed. Every time I have run them back to back compared to regular tires my fastest lap is .1-.2 tenths faster and on average they are a tenth per lap faster..
Hey Andrew,

I just did a test comparison at my local track between the original jaco double pink / double pink orange combo and the speedmind 35r and Multi fronts and did 11.5 with the speedminds and 11.8 with the jacos in terms of best lap. On average I was about 2 tenths quicker with the speedminds. I think it depends on the level of grip (my local track is a moderate grip level) as to which tire is better suited, but non the less, interesting results.
__________________
Martin Crisp
Power-Story.com | LearnSetup.com
Martin Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:47 PM   #428
Tech Master
 
Jeff Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
that is the best option.. but unfortunately, at the current time I cannot afford that many tires, i am sure most are the same way, or at least dont want to lay out for a set per run. For the Classic,, NO BS.. I ran the same set of tires all weekend.

well, let me clairify that. I had one set for 19t and one set for stock. Friday I ran old tires for practice, then saturday I ran fresh tires in both classes. By sunday they were smoked but they worked just fine all weekend.

I clean them after every run with motor cleaner. And i had to re smooth the glue edge after round 4. I started them at 57mm and now the frotns are probably around 55.25.. the rears 56.25.

//KBpower
Exactly....... depends on the level of traction. I doubt the grip at the Halloween race was as high as Vegas. For typical club racing yes, I use the same set all day with no problems.

Jeff
__________________
SXT Traction Compounds | www.TractionCompound.com
Jeff Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 02:31 PM   #429
Tech Master
 
Keith Billanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: BUFFALO
Posts: 1,794
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Exactly....... depends on the level of traction. I doubt the grip at the Halloween race was as high as Vegas. For typical club racing yes, I use the same set all day with no problems.

Jeff
Maybe not quite as much as vegas.. but it was pretty high. The gate is known to come up fast and there were definately some black corners.

even at vegas, I only ran one set of tires. Unfortunately i did not try wraps there.. and I wasnt familliar with the car.. however considering the circumstances i think i did quite well. Again, on one set of tires

immagine what i could do with more tires

Keith
__________________
OUT
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 02:56 PM   #430
Tech Elite
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
Maybe not quite as much as vegas.. but it was pretty high. The gate is known to come up fast and there were definately some black corners.

even at vegas, I only ran one set of tires. Unfortunately i did not try wraps there.. and I wasnt familliar with the car.. however considering the circumstances i think i did quite well. Again, on one set of tires

immagine what i could do with more tires

Keith
More tires would only confuse you Keith!!!
__________________
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 02:58 PM   #431
Tech Master
 
Keith Billanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: BUFFALO
Posts: 1,794
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
More tires would only confuse you Keith!!!
__________________
OUT
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:06 PM   #432
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
Hey Andrew,

I just did a test comparison at my local track between the original jaco double pink / double pink orange combo and the speedmind 35r and Multi fronts and did 11.5 with the speedminds and 11.8 with the jacos in terms of best lap. On average I was about 2 tenths quicker with the speedminds. I think it depends on the level of grip (my local track is a moderate grip level) as to which tire is better suited, but non the less, interesting results.
I think it also has to do with the fact that you are sponsored by Speedmind and I'm sure your experience with their tires is much more extensive than with ours. I would guess that if one of our drivers did the same test on their home track it would yield opposite results.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 05:11 PM   #433
Company Representative
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,686
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
Hey Andrew,

I just did a test comparison at my local track between the original jaco double pink / double pink orange combo and the speedmind 35r and Multi fronts and did 11.5 with the speedminds and 11.8 with the jacos in terms of best lap. On average I was about 2 tenths quicker with the speedminds. I think it depends on the level of grip (my local track is a moderate grip level) as to which tire is better suited, but non the less, interesting results.
Yes..your results are indeed Interesting, as you have found the exact opposite of Wayne Vince and Wayne Mah when they switched to JACO. Instead of losing tenth's they found them ... Guess everyone is different..

Based on your theory, Would it be safe to assume you will be using the same tires you ended up on last year in Cleveland ? ....

All good fun a side, congrats on the win in Vegas, Canada is proud
__________________
WCICS- Competition Director

Last edited by Korgae; 11-04-2005 at 09:27 PM.
Korgae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:43 PM   #434
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
I think it also has to do with the fact that you are sponsored by Speedmind and I'm sure your experience with their tires is much more extensive than with ours. I would guess that if one of our drivers did the same test on their home track it would yield opposite results.
Now that is funny! ha ha funny!
kklemmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:32 PM   #435
Tech Master
 
Jeff Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
Maybe not quite as much as vegas.. but it was pretty high. The gate is known to come up fast and there were definately some black corners.

even at vegas, I only ran one set of tires. Unfortunately i did not try wraps there.. and I wasnt familliar with the car.. however considering the circumstances i think i did quite well. Again, on one set of tires

immagine what i could do with more tires

Keith
I see.

Jeff
__________________
SXT Traction Compounds | www.TractionCompound.com
Jeff Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bsr and Jaco Tire Lot shrabber R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 01-17-2008 07:27 PM
Jaco Foam Tire martbeda R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 09-26-2006 05:15 PM
NIP jaco 2 stage tire Zac R R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 05-17-2006 08:11 AM
JACO 1/12 TIRE LOT joerocket900 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 21 02-26-2006 12:48 PM
Breaking News !! Foam Tire Container !! Photos !! JABRONI Nitro On-Road 14 11-14-2005 09:08 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:09 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net