R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-01-2005, 04:46 PM   #406
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

On a 1/12th front at 40.8mm you are down to the wrap part, on a rear you are at the wrap at about 42.2mm. For a high bite track I would run the fronts at 41.3-41.5mm.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:51 AM   #407
Tech Adept

Does anyone know of a place to get these tires? My local shop doesn't have them yet but I'd like to try them out.

Thanks
schdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:34 AM   #408
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Call Kraig at KT Hobbies 608-513-2464 or go to their web site the rears show out of stock but Iam sure he has them on order good guy to deal with...
impdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:56 AM   #409
Suspended

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by schdp
Does anyone know of a place to get these tires? My local shop doesn't have them yet but I'd like to try them out.

Thanks
Call the phone number in my signature. They have plenty in stock, and will ship.
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:34 AM   #410
Tech Fanatic

Most distributors have received their orders by now, but all of them miscalculated the demand. We have gotten reorders and are in the process of filling them as we speak. By next week, most distributors should be restocked. There will be NO shortage of tires for Cleveland!! We are well stocked with raw materials.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:39 PM   #411
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to crimson eagle

Jack,

I'm having trouble getting the steering balanced with 2 stage tires, I'm running the dble pinks all around an my rev4 (new style front end) It won't turn in hard enough but by the 5th minute it's a bear coming out of the corners. WAY too much and it still doesn't go in very well. I've reduce my caster and stood it up all the way to go in better, I'm running 5 deg reactive, my center spring is red and i don't want to go lighter as it will make it even lazier going in. I'm just about ready to go back to Purple / white combo but i do like how the two stage tires roll, the regular tires do not roll as well.

I'd be gratefull for any suggestions.

Chris
crimson eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:14 PM   #412
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Chris,

I'm not Jack but I would think a white rear would be better. The new rug has a ton of grip and DBL Pink all the way around just might not be the way to go...

but then I haven't raced a 1/12 scale in years so......I am just probably just full of it....lol

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:16 PM   #413
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ampdraw is having a close out sale on their extra jaco tires they had at the iic race.

http://www.ampdraw.com/iic.shtml

I just picked up 8 sets (4 sets for the front and 4 for the rear).
deforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 06:17 PM   #414
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimson eagle
Jack,

I'm having trouble getting the steering balanced with 2 stage tires, I'm running the dble pinks all around an my rev4 (new style front end) It won't turn in hard enough but by the 5th minute it's a bear coming out of the corners. WAY too much and it still doesn't go in very well. I've reduce my caster and stood it up all the way to go in better, I'm running 5 deg reactive, my center spring is red and i don't want to go lighter as it will make it even lazier going in. I'm just about ready to go back to Purple / white combo but i do like how the two stage tires roll, the regular tires do not roll as well.

I'd be gratefull for any suggestions.

Chris
Chris!

What springs are you running in the front and what side springs are you running in the rear? Jim, OD and I are running two stage double pink front and rear and the cars are awesome!! We are running the old style front end with 22 front springs and I am running green side springs in the rear. I do not think I can get the car to be any better. Last weekend my car was the only car in the 11 second range on the current layout. In the last qualifier, I had five laps in the 11's.

I would try changing the springs first.
Crashby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 06:45 PM   #415
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to crimson eagle

crashby,

i started with green sides and 20 fronts. I changed to 22 fronts which was better, removed the unpredictability when entering the corner. I went to white sides which made it feel a little smoother.

According to the results you had a 12.56 and Jim a 12.3x. I got a 12.6 and I thought the car was horible, would not turn in worth a crap.

I'm getting another rev 4 conversion kit which I'll put the old style front end on and use for stock. If I can't make it work I'm going to go back to my old tires

Chris.
crimson eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 06:58 PM   #416
Tech Master

Quote:
crashby,

i started with green sides and 20 fronts. I changed to 22 fronts which was better, removed the unpredictability when entering the corner. I went to white sides which made it feel a little smoother.

According to the results you had a 12.56 and Jim a 12.3x. I got a 12.6 and I thought the car was horible, would not turn in worth a crap.

I'm getting another rev 4 conversion kit which I'll put the old style front end on and use for stock. If I can't make it work I'm going to go back to my old tires

Chris.
Green side springs are nuts on the Rev 4. I wouldn't go above white on any track.

Jeff
Old 11-03-2005, 10:34 PM   #417
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
crashby,

Chris.
The 11's were in 19T. Still, no one else got into the 11's. I did not even get into the 11's in the main. 1/12th 19T is way more fun that stock!!
Crashby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:46 PM   #418
Tech Regular

Jack,

I'm getting a LOT of build up on the two stage tires (12th stock and sedan stock). We are using Calandra carpet and TQ Orange (only type allowed). The car seems to get slower as the evening goes on. I am cleaning with motor spray after each run. Is there a better way to clean the tires? Our track has a lot of bite, but not as much as Vegas. I'm willing to run fresh rubber each run (and then clean them all at home) if I have to, but would prefer not to do that.

Thanks
jrrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 06:15 AM   #419
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigJim14226

Hi Jack,
I heard from someone at my local track that your tires and hubs are guarantied not to break, Is this true ? and if they do break that if we send them back to you, that you will replace them free of charge. I did not believe him and threw them away.... If it is true, I will save them next time it happens.

BTW, your tires are the only things I use... their great
BigJim14226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 06:16 AM   #420
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Jack Rimer

whats the story on TRC and Jaco. I heard stuff this weekend about you teaming up with T or something, read on another thred you might have sold the company. Then I think you posted something that the 2-stage tires will be sold at the trinity table at clv... Can you comment ?
John Q is offline   Reply With Quote