R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-19-2005, 12:03 AM   #286
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
Does anyone ever run a dual compound tire (Purple/Org, DP/Org) both front and rear?
I saw Hara's set-up sheet from Vegas, and it said Jaco DP/Org for both front and rear, I was wondering if it was a typo... (though I am very sure he can go fast with a car that 99.99% of us cannot keep straight).
It looks like Rheinhard may have run dbl pink/orange in the rear as well:

KMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 12:25 AM   #287
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

Naw, you can always see the outer ring on the rears. If he was though then damn, he is the man.
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 12:33 AM   #288
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Flack
Naw, you can always see the outer ring on the rears. If he was though then damn, he is the man.
Yeah, you're right... and the outer ring wouldn't look that "soft" either.

For more closeups of his car:

http://www.hotbodiesonline.net/05_iic.html
KMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:11 AM   #289
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKA
What a cheap way out of the hole you dug yourself trying to defend a bad decision by Mr.Bill. I guess you figured Roar was an easy target given the recent abysmal track record, but the only thing they did wrong this time was have a rule for Mr.Bill to misquote.

Perhaps Mr.Bill should develop his own rule base so that there isn't any chance for misinterpretation?

That's a good point about developing a Cleveland specific rule. I thought it was already there with the NO CAP rule.

It really wasn't much of a hole, one instance in 25 years hardly constitutes the level of inconsistency ROAR continues to display.And it's hardly a "recently abyssmal" track record. 10 or so years of improperly officiated Nationals is more than a recent phenomenon, it's more like the norm. My point was that this race has been run pretty much without significant issue for 25 years and now people are complaining that the race isn't properly executed. I was just providing a comparison to other "big races" to illustrate how well this race has been run. It's never ceased to amaze me how one issue can turn into an argument of this magnitude over any race, but something like this has become expected at ROAR sanctioned events.

Do everything right and nobody notices, do one thing wrong and everybody notices..............
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....

Last edited by CypressMidWest; 10-19-2005 at 10:28 AM.
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:50 AM   #290
Tech Master

Quote:
Do everything right and nobody notices, do one thing wrong and everybody notices..............
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thats the way life is, the ignorant comment while the concerned help!!!!!
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 12:21 PM   #291
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
. It's never ceased to amaze me how one issue can turn into an argument of this magnitude over any race, but something like this has become expected at ROAR sanctioned events.

Its easy to criticize the organizing body which sets the rules and its even easier to criticize a race director for having to make a tough decision, he can't make everyone happy.

Technicially, when you think about it, there are probably over 100 ROAR sanctioned events every year. (12 regions)*(a minimum of 5 regional classes) = 60 Regional events plus all the Nationals. Snowbirds, Vegas and Cleveland only have to get it right 1x per year. Of course they get it right, all their resources are polled into those single events.

ROAR has too many events, perhaps it needs to downsize the # of events its sanctions...no one cares about most of the regional level events anymore anyway. The recent disasters associated with ROAR national events has had as much to do with poor race directing as it does poor oversite by ROAR...its the lack of quality type oversite at ROAR national events which has gotten ROAR into trouble.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:58 PM   #292
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
...its even easier to criticize a race director for having to make a tough decision, he can't make everyone happy.
I've seen some drivers say that they were unhappy with the ruling and others say that they don't care one way or the other. Is there actually any drivers out there who are happy with the ruling? Call me an inquiring mind...

Are there any non-drivers happy with the ruling?
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:09 PM   #293
Tech Initiate

Default 2 stage Legal

Jaco's 2 stage tires are completely legal for the New England Triple Threat point seres happening the weekend of October 28-29, 2005 at RC Excitement in Fitchburg, Massahusetts.
Northeast Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:19 PM   #294
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Deznuts05

I'm not sure if this was mentioned but is 1/12 tires part of the lower cost campaign?

the reason I asked is because I went to http://www.jacoracing.net/ and their prices were still in the $22 ballpark which is right one with TRC.

Any infor would be great.
Thanks
Rudy
Deznuts05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:30 PM   #295
Tech Elite

Quote:
ROAR has too many events, perhaps it needs to downsize the # of events its sanctions...no one cares about most of the regional level events anymore anyway. The recent disasters associated with ROAR national events has had as much to do with poor race directing as it does poor oversite by ROAR...its the lack of quality type oversite at ROAR national events which has gotten ROAR into trouble.
Exactly Carl! Roar needs to establish a "Nationals Staff", comprised of Tech officials, a race director, announcer, and an official. The tech Crew and official could familiarize themselves with the rules for the classes run at an event, prior to the event, and that would cut down on a lot of issues that always seem to arise at a National. Ideally, Roar would show up with a laptop equipped with scoring software, all the necessary tech tools, set-up and run the race. Under this system you'd have ROAR Officials on site to settle disputes, and a tech crew educated enough to interpret the rules. I know it's a lot to ask based on the current structure, but I don't think it's impossible to achieve. This would bring the long-needed consistency factor that ROAR so desperately needs.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
Old 10-19-2005, 01:34 PM   #296
Tech Adept

Default Cypress Midwest

I agree with Cypress but in my opinion you cant ask for that type of professionalism from a bunch of volunteers......in order to ask people to take that type of responsibility you have to pay them and let them earn their money to keep their job....like any other business!
ErnieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:02 PM   #297
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieP
I agree with Cypress but in my opinion you cant ask for that type of professionalism from a bunch of volunteers......in order to ask people to take that type of responsibility you have to pay them and let them earn their money to keep their job....like any other business!
This is the one most important point I've been campaigning with ROAR after having been involved for 2 years. ROAR is a not-for-profit organization, last time I looked, ROAR had a healthy P&L.

The fact that the volunteers are in fact volunteering speaks to their level of commitment and professionalism. Its now up to the executive committee to approve a traveling budget for technical directors at national events. As Cyress mentioned, a consistent approach to interpreting the rules at ROAR sanctioned events would lead to a better race experience. This can only be accomplished with consistancy in the referee department.

What I can never understand is why the various manufactureres have never gotten involved in the oversite of high profile and national level events. It would be in their best interest to offer an extra set of eyes at a national level event to assist and make certain things are running smoothly.

You never hear of these types of problems at a Tamiya and HPI event, even at a their regional sponsored events.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:39 PM   #298
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieP
Right there with ErnieP. I've always thought that a moderate "donation" or "stipend" from the big US based manufacturers along with say a five or ten dollar increase in membership dues could easily pay for such a group, and you don't have to limit their duties to race organization only. They could handle Rev-Up circulation issues, moderate ROAR's Website, take an active role in the track approval process, and in general PROMOTE the sport. The question is would any of the manufacturers pony up and kick-in for a more consisitent and professional organization? I do know that the industry is hardly reliant solely on racers for a healthy bottom line, but wouldn't it be nice to say, "Our ____ won the ROAR ___ Nationals" without there being some air of controversy to the statement?
Old 10-19-2005, 02:45 PM   #299
Tech Elite

Quote:
What I can never understand is why the various manufactureres have never gotten involved in the oversite of high profile and national level events. It would be in their best interest to offer an extra set of eyes at a national level event to assist and make certain things are running smoothly.

You never hear of these types of problems at a Tamiya and HPI event, even at a their regional sponsored events.
The only problem with that scenario is the potential for questionable objectivity, If Major Manufacturer X sends a rep to help oversee an event and Little Fish Y has a driver who does extremely well, but could potentially be violating the rules, the rep brings a lot of heat down on MMX if the rep brings it up. LFY can't afford to send a rep so they cry foul, and then the arguments ensue. If the manufactures all make a contribution to ROAR, and ROAR appoints the officials, the issue is bypassed entirely.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:47 PM   #300
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
If the manufactures all make a contribution to ROAR, and ROAR appoints the officials, the issue is bypassed entirely.
I like that one For the right amount of money, or hot blonde I'll overlook just about everything