JACO tire news

Reply

Old 10-18-2005, 11:05 AM
  #256  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
completely wrong, everybody ran them on their touring cars, including drivers sponsored by TRC and parma.

and 99% of the CRC drivers did use the older single stage tires, except for me, and i TQ'ed by how much...? oh yea! 7 seconds...
But didja win? Looks to me like a couple a guys were fast enough to at least "hang" with the two-stagers.
CypressMidWest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:07 AM
  #257  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 793
Default

I could say something really mean and unprofessional here, but I won't.
Jack Rimer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:14 AM
  #258  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
peter_robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Lake
Posts: 3,206
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

lets compare...

cleveland ---- vegas

stinky fresh
dark well lit
bad city sin city
bad hotel good hotel
bans new promotes/allows
products new products

not to mention, scotty provides a schedule at the beginning of each day and follows it, to the second. mr bill has hit or miss tv station.

i think its safe to say the scotty out did in one year, what it took mr bill half a century to do. yeah vegas.

-mc nasty, how goes it sucka
peter_robinson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:16 AM
  #259  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
peter_robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Lake
Posts: 3,206
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
But didja win? Looks to me like a couple a guys were fast enough to at least "hang" with the two-stagers.
nope, didnt win, had some help with that tho. the driver running in second thought it was 4th and 20 on decided to punt.
peter_robinson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:18 AM
  #260  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 493
Default

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
You didn't hear, Hara and Reinhard are banned from all further US races becasue they are fast.
Maybe thats why Hara doesnt come to Cleveland any more.
Bobby Flack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:22 AM
  #261  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 69
Default

A question for Jack or someone else who knows. I have a few pairs of 2 stage tires that were on sale at Snowbird '05. Are they the same as the 2 Stage tires available now?
ukeejim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:23 AM
  #262  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
But didja win? Looks to me like a couple a guys were fast enough to at least "hang" with the two-stagers.
Actually, there's another way to look at this entirely, despite the all foam construction of the tire, it's still one layer of foam covering another layer of foam, meaning that second layer "Caps" the first. The Champs has a long standing rule in place that states "NO CAPPED TIRES or coatings of any type" It doesn't have a special clause for foam capped foams, just NO CAPS. If we wanna use that long standing rule then there was never any question that they aren't legal.

Traction compounds are not a coating, but rather a chemical agent that is applied to the tire to soften, (or heat) it. They are applied and wiped off, or allowed to evaporate to dry, thereby not an actual coating, more of an additive.

Technically the tires weren't legal last year, especially for stock since they weren't widely available, should we disqualify our winners from last year and declare the runners-up the Victors? Nahhhh, that'd be a bit extreme, let's just say that Jaco slipped one by us. Shame though, we coulda gotten all this outta the way last year, and then they'd be legal by now.

Now we've all been running 3700's and 3800's at EVERY non-Roar sanctioned race this year. Ya couldn't run 'em in FLA at the On-Road Nats, so were all the Pole Position guys standing around whining about that at the Nats? I doubt it, because ROAR says they aren't legal.

The race director makes the rules, period. This rule was set, and notice has been given. You coulda all just shown up and been told on the spot, THAT woulda been the biggest help to the races sponsors, as they'd be there with BOATLOADS of their tires, and all you guys whining would need something to run. And at least at Cleveland you can count on the rules being the same from the day you get there 'till the day you leave, unlike some other races I've had the privelege of attending.

Can't we all just get along?
CypressMidWest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:27 AM
  #263  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
lets compare...

cleveland ---- vegas

stinky fresh
dark well lit
bad city sin city
bad hotel good hotel
bans new promotes/allows
products new products

not to mention, scotty provides a schedule at the beginning of each day and follows it, to the second. mr bill has hit or miss tv station.

i think its safe to say the scotty out did in one year, what it took mr bill half a century to do. yeah vegas.

-mc nasty, how goes it sucka

So the regular CRC tires were fast enough to allow somebody to actually speed into your car?

I'm just givin' ya grief Peter. I heard the story, and feel your pain.

Scotty does an excellent job, and I'd love to be in Vegas next year, but Cleveland is STILL Cleveland. The longest running electric race in the country!

And it's a quarter century
CypressMidWest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:29 AM
  #264  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
EddieO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,415
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

He won the, I got punted from behind across two lanes award.....and he still got second....

Hard to win a race when they think your name is Spalding, instead of Peter...

Winning races takes skill, speed, and as ANY big time racer will tell you, a bit of luck.....


Later EddieO
EddieO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:31 AM
  #265  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EddieO
He won the, I got punted from behind across two lanes award.....and he still got second....

Hard to win a race when they think your name is Spalding, instead of Peter...

Winning races takes skill, speed, and as ANY big time racer will tell you, a bit of luck.....


Later EddieO
Peter's a class act and fast as hell, I'm just jabbin' at him in jest.
CypressMidWest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:33 AM
  #266  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
EddieO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,415
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

The rules same day to day my ass.....last year the ride height rules changed 3 times!.....I was there and you can't argue it, multiple people can back it up......

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:34 AM
  #267  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
EddieO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,415
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Actually, Peter is a porno star.....this whole RC thing is just his cover.

He's choda boy!

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:38 AM
  #268  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EddieO
The rules same day to day my ass.....last year the ride height rules changed 3 times!.....I was there and you can't argue it, multiple people can back it up......

Later EddieO
Damn, you're right. I forgot all about the ride height debacle last year. My apologies. I've been to one or two editions of the Champs though, and that's the only rules issue I remember throughout a weekend. Where as at ROAR race, they may just change the way the re-sort, the type of qualpoints used, the basis of tie-breakers etc. I guess the '05 asphalt nats were excellent, but more often than not ROAR races are inconsistently executed.
CypressMidWest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:49 AM
  #269  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
peter_robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Lake
Posts: 3,206
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
but more often than not ROAR races are inconsistently executed.
you hit that nail on the head. go ROAR
peter_robinson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:51 AM
  #270  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 793
Default

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Actually, there's another way to look at this entirely, despite the all foam construction of the tire, it's still one layer of foam covering another layer of foam, meaning that second layer "Caps" the first. The Champs has a long standing rule in place that states "NO CAPPED TIRES or coatings of any type" It doesn't have a special clause for foam capped foams, just NO CAPS. If we wanna use that long standing rule then there was never any question that they aren't legal.

Traction compounds are not a coating, but rather a chemical agent that is applied to the tire to soften, (or heat) it. They are applied and wiped off, or allowed to evaporate to dry, thereby not an actual coating, more of an additive.

Technically the tires weren't legal last year, especially for stock since they weren't widely available, should we disqualify our winners from last year and declare the runners-up the Victors? Nahhhh, that'd be a bit extreme, let's just say that Jaco slipped one by us. Shame though, we coulda gotten all this outta the way last year, and then they'd be legal by now.

Now we've all been running 3700's and 3800's at EVERY non-Roar sanctioned race this year. Ya couldn't run 'em in FLA at the On-Road Nats, so were all the Pole Position guys standing around whining about that at the Nats? I doubt it, because ROAR says they aren't legal.

The race director makes the rules, period. This rule was set, and notice has been given. You coulda all just shown up and been told on the spot, THAT woulda been the biggest help to the races sponsors, as they'd be there with BOATLOADS of their tires, and all you guys whining would need something to run. And at least at Cleveland you can count on the rules being the same from the day you get there 'till the day you leave, unlike some other races I've had the privelege of attending.

Can't we all just get along?
1) Vegas was the first race to allow 3800's this year. They were illegal for the Reedy Race. I don't recall standing around whining about their legality at the ROAR nats. However, if they had run them last year and disallowed them this year....yeah, I would be bitchin a little. Same thing.
2) No one "slipped" anything by anyone. If you didn't know about these tires last year, you simply weren't paying attention. Nobody CARED because they didn't have a year of kicking ass behind them.
3) If our team showed up and found out at the race that the tires were illegal we wouldn't whine. We would simply overnite regular tires and proceed to stomp everyone like we have the past few years anyway.
Jack Rimer is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service