R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-13-2005, 04:17 AM   #196
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
No, protecting GRP was the reason.....has nothing to do with costs or increased complicity....

Sorry, but this is pure politics......anyone who can't see it, makes Stevie Wonder think he has 20/20 vision....

Later EddieO
Got to agree with you there dude, Anyone that can ban a product before it's released, on the bases of cost (which haden't been set) and susposedly making tire choice harder and more complicated .......................... well.

What's next banning new single compounds as that would also widen tire choice and make it more complicated to choose , Oh and i would NEED to invest more as i would also NEED to be carrying these newer tires.

It's all bol**x and we know it , the new tires reportly work well in nearly all situations making tire choice easier surly , there also offering up better wear rates and great grip levels . I am currently trying to work out the down side with these tires.

Could it be that certain other manufactures don't have a new tire to compete with Jaco's latest offering yet ??

I hate to say it, but i'd bet as soon as another "Major" manufacture has a 2-stage tire on sale they'll be made legal everywhere and all the stated problems they have with them today u'll just disappear.
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 04:43 AM   #197
Ec1
Tech Adept

Regarding EFRA/europe you are wrong. All member countries voted against this tire, has nothing with politics to do.....
Ec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 06:59 AM   #198
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Considering that they are still using regular foam, are very close to the same price as regular Jaco foams, and are more durable and longer lasting, while at the same time better performing....what realistic justification ist here for banning the tire other than a performance DISadvantage for drivers sponsored by other brands? (regular club racers can use whatever they want)

What's next? Banning new chassis designs that are found to provide a performance advantage???
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:05 AM   #199
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ec1
Jaco wraps isnt leagel in europe either, it was banned as soon as the EFRA members heard about them. increasing investments and more complicated for the racers was some reasons.
Considering no one had the tires in hand and the list price had not been set, I would say they jumped the gun. Wouldn't you? I am not sure how a tire that lasts longer and chunks less is "more complicated". It is more complicated for US to make, but that is our problem. If the average racer benefits from it then I have to wonder why they were so quick to disallow it. The answer is obvious. They didn't do their homework. Either that or they wanted to protect other manufacturers.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:28 AM   #200
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

Ec1

How did you come up with that answer ?? (we all know the official answers for them being ban over here in Europe are crap !)

I got to be honest , i think it's down to greed, pure and simple. Other manufactures don't have an answer for the 2-Stage tires get so ban them !! Or get there "friends" to do it for them from behind the scene's.

Don't forget the other factors just for 1 to think about TRINITY are releasing the Blackwidow any time now , Hows it going to look if their drivers aren't doing the bussiness with it ??? No one will remember about the tire disadvantage (having to run TRC) just that it was beaten !!
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:18 PM   #201
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It's interesting that EFRA did this and I am going to guess that IFMAR will do this as well being the new president of IFMAR is also the president of EFRA. I guess the only comparison that is close is the Yokomo L compound tires. Only Yokomo has them and they are banned. Only Jaco was smart enough to make a new tire with exsisting components, the 2-stage, and it is banned.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:47 PM   #202
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

how about this both me and josh ran 2 stage tires last year in 1/12 and won so how can you now ban a tire that was already used thier ? now for price i dont know if anyone has seen the price of trc's latley but at 27 to 29 a pair when i can get any jaco tire way cheaper i dont think they can use a cost issue 2 stage tires are still cheaper then trcs and they last longer
Old 10-13-2005, 12:54 PM   #203
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

How often do the europeans even run foams anyways.....just really 1/12th scale....and I guess Nitro....

They can have fun with techonolgy reducing rules....

I do find it funny that gazzillion different inserts and rubber tires never get looked at....

Later EddieO
Old 10-13-2005, 12:55 PM   #204
Tech Initiate

I need to purchase some 12th tires, and reading this post it sounds like the Jaco 2 stage tires are the way to go, correct? What are the part numbers?

Thanks
Fast Faisal
Fast Faisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 05:16 PM   #205
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

MR.BILL is off the scale
Send a message via Yahoo to MR.BILL
INDOOR CHAMPS 2005
WOW I THINK THIS IS GOTTEN OUT OF HAND WAY TO MUCH. MY REASON AT THE TIME FOR NOT ALLOWING JACO 2 STAGE TIRES WAS MADE BECAUSE OF RULE 7.3.1.2. IN THE ROAR RULE BOOK. WHICH STATES FOAM: A TIRE COMPOSED SOLEY OF FOAM RUBBER. TIRES MAY BE BONDED TO THE WHEEL. NO COATING OR ADDITITIONAL LAMINATE MATERIAL OF ANY KIND ALLOWED. AND THIS WAS THE ONLY REASON IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING ELSE.I HOPE THIS ANSWER SUM OF YOUR QUESTION. WE ARE TALKING TO JACO ABOUT THESE TIRES AND WE HOPE WE CAN GIVE YOU A FINAL ANSWER IN A DAY OR TWO. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE WANT TO DO WHAT IS HOPEFULLY THE BEST FOR ALL,BUT SOMETIME YOU CAN'T MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 05:18 PM   #206
Team EAM

Kinda sounds to me like a lame excuse. Especially since Roar does not think "Glue" is a laminate material since it is used to glue two pieces of FOAM together.

So if you get technical about it its illegal to glue a chunk back into your tire or glue your sidewalls!!

EA
Old 10-13-2005, 05:39 PM   #207
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Isn't a plaid glued the same way, just side to side, instead of on top of each other??

Sorry....stupid stupid rule...

Later EddieO
Old 10-13-2005, 05:44 PM   #208
Team EAM

Long ago it wasnt that bad of a rule...it was to keep the dirt oval guys from running silcone on the outside of their tires. But now its being used in the wrong way and trying to be justified. Maybe Mr. Bill will have a change of heart.

EA
Old 10-13-2005, 06:17 PM   #209
Tech Adept

If this rule applies then why is ROAR even allowing it?

I am baffled that when it comes to running batteries that are not ROAR approved there isn't a moment of discussion but when it's Jaco tires the rule book has to be combed with a magnifying glass.
Nick-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:46 PM   #210
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports

MR.BILL is off the scale
Send a message via Yahoo to MR.BILL
INDOOR CHAMPS 2005
WOW I THINK THIS IS GOTTEN OUT OF HAND WAY TO MUCH. MY REASON AT THE TIME FOR NOT ALLOWING JACO 2 STAGE TIRES WAS MADE BECAUSE OF RULE 7.3.1.2. IN THE ROAR RULE BOOK. WHICH STATES FOAM: A TIRE COMPOSED SOLEY OF FOAM RUBBER. TIRES MAY BE BONDED TO THE WHEEL. NO COATING OR ADDITITIONAL LAMINATE MATERIAL OF ANY KIND ALLOWED. AND THIS WAS THE ONLY REASON IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING ELSE.I HOPE THIS ANSWER SUM OF YOUR QUESTION. WE ARE TALKING TO JACO ABOUT THESE TIRES AND WE HOPE WE CAN GIVE YOU A FINAL ANSWER IN A DAY OR TWO. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE WANT TO DO WHAT IS HOPEFULLY THE BEST FOR ALL,BUT SOMETIME YOU CAN'T MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY.
wow according to this....? supergluing/coating the side walls of foams to reduce side bite and chunking is a no go
fast-ho-cars is offline   Reply With Quote