R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-28-2014, 01:19 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc car guy View Post
A few months why do you ask?

Oh u should habe waited guy at the track is .3 slower with his bd-7 black than his t4 14 which he had for obe track day n a practice day the 6.2 needs some work a tjicker chassis or weave something to make it flex less but im right on par with his t4 dont mean to hi jack his thread pm me if you got any more questions
If you've been doing it for that long, then it must be a change that has served you well. That must also mean that it's been working across different layouts and varying degrees of traction level?

I had been lurking for so long that I figured it was time to just make a move. I had a chance to see one of the early TC6.2 when Keven Hebert came to our track to test it before IIC. I need to tell you that it looked good. If the BD7 doesn't work for me after a few months, then I can just sell it and get something else. So far, the only car I've ever owned for which the Mazdaspeed6 feels good has been my Associated TC5. Assuming that at least some of the DNA is similar, I suppose there's a good chance that that particular body would also work well on the TC5's descendants.
Colbynobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:29 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
I am sure the p37 & ltc are good bodies with the right setup, but my choice is the Speed6 because of the more feedback I get from top racers... Most of their posted setups are really for the Speed6. Trying other bodies is not something racers like too much....
LTC-R or Mazdspeed6 were the choices that were given to me by all the fast and proven racers at my track. However, in the words of the great Cappadonna "I came to the fork in the road and went straight." I like the surprise of trying stuff out that one would initially think wouldn't work. For instance, who would have ever guessed that running my Associated TC3 with no doping on the front tire and BittyDesign Striker 2.0 would feel pretty good - at least for practice?

I haven't completely closed the door on the Mazdaspeed6 since it may just work super well for my BD7. At least I wouldn't have to consider availability if I could get back on board that wagon. In a pinch, my local hobby shop carries Mazdaspeed6s and LTC-Rs. It would be nice to always have that as a backup plan as opposed to waiting for some ancient, junk-style fishing boat to chug it's way across the seas from China carrying my precious load of Team Titan Blitz bodies.
Colbynobo is offline   Reply With Quote