this is the race roost was talking about
nazman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:03 PM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.d.roost View Post
Yep.

*Edit...sorry for the short answer John (was putting kid to bed).
In fact it was the "old" T4 not the 2014.

In the end it came down to a tap.
It was a great race with guys who just have insane skill...lap times were super close.
The momentum gain was not just some off shoot comment...it was noticed by quite a few people (some who I consider great drivers).

I would love to have my hands on one for a few weekends "just to see" if the car can actually improve my results. I consider myself a slow fast guy...Sometimes making the A
or better yet finishing mid pack in the A ( I actually missed the show that weekend by less then a tenth). A tenth or two is all the difference in the world to me...where it's not so disastrous to a super fast guy (they can usually make it up).

I was only messing with ya..

Yea, Its a great car for sure..But still comes down to set up and skill in TC 17.5 now days. Cars are all soo close 1 tap and its game over with the completion so close.

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:04 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
So what makes the shaft car so much greater in the mid corner/exit than a belt driven car?
I think thats what this thread is about...
It may not be the "shaft" but the complete out of the box engineering of the car itself.
Keep in mind there are some who feel it's not the car at all.
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:06 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
I was only messing with ya..

Yea, Its a great car for sure..But still comes down to set up and skill in TC 17.5 now days. Cars are all soo close 1 tap and its game over with the completion so close.
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:44 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic

So is it time Hudy to invent or optimize a shaft car?
Old 01-24-2014, 07:48 PM   #36
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Not sure Martin has what it takes. Make Juraj needs a new project.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #37
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

in the race roost was talking about xray still had hot lap. and top 3 drivers in that race are all great drivers. jeff cuffs, mike gee and sal amato. sal would of won if he stayed clean. the shaft cars are super nice, but not a game changer. Although i cant wait to see cyrul run his in mod at snowbirds
Old 01-24-2014, 08:14 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm not sure what the point is to this thread. I haven't seen anyone driving different cars boycotting to have the awsomatrix separated into a separate stock class......
Old 01-24-2014, 08:22 PM   #39
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazman01 View Post
TC A-main
http://youtu.be/LR0EegZoblg
So just saw the race. Great race. Top 3 left the rest of the pack. But then u could see Mike G's car clearly having tighter lines and simply carrying more speed. Even when Gee hit the burm b4 the straight, giving more room between 1st and 2nd.....within a few laps was back on the rear of 1st pl car. Awesome race....
R1 Wurks Motors, Batts & Fans! | Tekin RS Gen2 | R1 Wurks Servos | Reflex Racing RSD Upgrades
Michael@USPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:41 PM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

From what I've seen up here in Canada, the A700 isn't dominating in nearly the same way as it is down south. I think if you put that car down on a super sticky track, or even a track with moderately high traction, it's going to give the guy at the sticks an advantage, simply because he doesn't have to worry near as much about traction roll or what have you as the guy with a conventional TC.

Especially in stock, it all comes down to CoG. the A700 has the lowest, no questions asked. However, the moment traction is a little dodgy or you put more power in the car, 13.5, 10.5, Mod, whatever, the car slowly loses its advantage and you're now just driving what is essentially just another touring car.

The events I've seen it run at, the car wasn't super stellar. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but it wasn't the game changer guys are making it out to be. The cars aren't being driven by slowpokes either.

This car seems to me to be similar to an RDX or a 415 in the sense that given a specific set of conditions and the right driver, the car is stellar. Remove a few of the conditions and it becomes just as good as any other design in the market performance-wise.
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:25 PM   #41
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Here's what I saw in that race:

Sal, Jeff and Gee all started with pretty even cars. Jeff's car started to push after the first minute when the tires heated up and it let Gee get by. After about 2 minutes Sal's car started to push a bit and he had to guard the line against Gee who had twice as much steering at that point and could put his car into any crack that Sal might leave open. Gee did the smart thing by pressuring Sal instead of getting aggressive for a pass attempt, and he tapped trying to hold a ridiculously tight line through the sweeper. Meanwhile Gee's car is faster through the sweeper with a much safer line and he cruises by. Gee opens up a wide enough gap that he can make a a few mistakes and still take the race.

Lots of stellar driving. I wish I could have been there to mix it up with such a deep field. I had a great time at Horsham during nats, and the stock racing out east is ridiculously competitive.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:12 AM   #42
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Lessen

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post

I just wonder if the price point holds back it's popularity.
Yes. I would have bought one a long time ago if it were less pricey.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:48 AM   #43
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Here's what I saw in that race:

Sal, Jeff and Gee all started with pretty even cars. Jeff's car started to push after the first minute when the tires heated up and it let Gee get by. After about 2 minutes Sal's car started to push a bit and he had to guard the line against Gee who had twice as much steering at that point and could put his car into any crack that Sal might leave open. Gee did the smart thing by pressuring Sal instead of getting aggressive for a pass attempt, and he tapped trying to hold a ridiculously tight line through the sweeper. Meanwhile Gee's car is faster through the sweeper with a much safer line and he cruises by. Gee opens up a wide enough gap that he can make a a few mistakes and still take the race.

Lots of stellar driving. I wish I could have been there to mix it up with such a deep field. I had a great time at Horsham during nats, and the stock racing out east is ridiculously competitive.
There was some great racing, I qualified 7th, but my car was crap so I wanted to watch the race so didnt run. Glad I did it was a great race. Gee was super fast in mod sedan as well
Old 01-25-2014, 08:05 AM   #44
Tech Champion

what no Bert?
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:50 AM   #45
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazman01 View Post
TC A-main
http://youtu.be/LR0EegZoblg
It would rock to have that depth of local talent for club racing
Thanks for the post

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote