Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2005 On Road Nats entry form in Rc Car Action NOW !!!!!!! >

2005 On Road Nats entry form in Rc Car Action NOW !!!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005 On Road Nats entry form in Rc Car Action NOW !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Default 2005 On Road Nats entry form in Rc Car Action NOW !!!!!!!

The entry form for the Nats this year is in the current issue of RC Car Action . Subscribers should be getting it right now , and the newstands in the next few days .

Also , www.speedlinehobbies.com has a new fresh look and feel . We have a forum site with Nats info on it , the entry form is also on the main page in a downloadable version . Soon to be added will be a class entry list as the entries start rolling in ,

We will be updating the site every few days with new race information about the Nats , and we will be adding fresh pictures every week up to the event .

We also have made i deal with David Croy ( RcResults.com) to help provide information to the racers and the internet throughout the race weekend , we will have a Local wireless network running onsite that anyone with a wireless card will be able to link to and get all of the practice times , and even real time race results on the network as they are being printed . We will be making periodic updates to the web throughout every raceday with current results . We also will add fresh pics and other info as we go .

We also will have a local country music star to sing the nationals anthem on Fri morning , she is 14 years old and has been winning talent show all the way from Fla to Nashville , she is a rising star and will be a joy to have her open the race weekend .

These are only a few updates listed here , check out www.speedlinehobbies.com forum site for all infomation needed about the Nats this year . Thanks , Joe Freitas
Old 08-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

TTT
Old 08-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Mine went out yesterday
Old 08-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Croy----I haven't seen him in a few years. Since I lived in Clearwater and raced at Minnreg

I talked with Paul "Nature Boy" Fontaine this week about me possilbly making the trip out to Florida to race. I'm TDY with him right now and hopefully I won't be TDY again in Oct. I'll know more in about 1 month.

Looking forward to it though.

Sammie "Sweetpea" Gaglio
Old 08-04-2005, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I might have missed the details, but its RP30s, monster stocks and C2 right? Whats the current Roar battery limit? I can't keep up with what they do anymore.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:39 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Handout tire: CS27GL
Motors: Trinity Monster/C2
Battery: 3300 Max...Well at least today
Old 08-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Is there a Chilis with 2 for 1 night near the track? It would be like a flashback of the birds then lol
Old 08-04-2005, 08:46 AM
Suspended

Cool

If they go by the rules and by-laws, it should be 3300 maximum until the end of 2005. Any battery changes would go into effect on January 1st.

However, the rules and by-laws hasn't stopped ROAR and the Excomm from following proper protocol before......

Old 08-04-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
Is there a Chilis with 2 for 1 night near the track? It would be like a flashback of the birds then lol
There is a chilis about 2 miles north of the track.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:02 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
Oh yeah...Been there several times...LOL
Old 08-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I can assure you that the rules will be followed while I'm there. I've been in constant contact with Joe and several members of the Ex com. Only 3300's : will be allowed. So far there has not been any of the other batteries submitted yet.Even if there were it's Jan 1st,2006.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

There has been a lot of baggin' on ROAR lately but rest assured this race will be different. Speedline Hobbies is the first stop on the Florida State On Road Series. Speedline's State races normally draw over 150 racers. The owner is a former factory driver and knows how races are supposed to be run.

Barry Baker, Masami Hirosaka, Billy Easton, Mark Rheinart and Chris Tossolini tested at Speedline before the Worlds last year.

The track is smooth, traction is high, layouts are always fun and challenging.

This is going to be a great event!
Old 08-04-2005, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I thought I saw somewhere that there is a FL state series race the same weekend as the scheduled warm up. Is this true? If so, do most guys plan on doing the nats warm up or state series race.

Some of us were thinking about the drive down for the warm up. I take it that the warm up track will be prepped (not layout, but procedure) the same as for the big one? Hopefully the 'canes won't affect either weekend.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

FSEARA and Speedline decided to make that race a pure warmup not a State Race. It will be a great show as many factory team driver have already said they are coming.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply Adrian. We didn't want to come all the way down and race a club type race if there was another event. We were hoping to use the race as a "see where you stand/how much work needs to be done" type race. Looks like we will get what we wanted. See you FL guys there.

Is there any practice on Sept 2, the Friday before the warm up. Is there a schedule posted for the warm up weekend, practice times, etc.

Last edited by Brandon Melton; 08-04-2005 at 03:28 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.