Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Which TC's Is Taking The 2014 Worlds Podium >

Which TC's Is Taking The 2014 Worlds Podium

Which TC's Is Taking The 2014 Worlds Podium

Old 04-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Doyel
I'm not sure that Awesomatix taking a podium spot is going to end in TC kits costing $700 across the board. That's a pretty big leap. Belt driven TCs are still dominant. It would take a full Awesomatix sweep of the podium for every TC mfg. to re-tool to make shaft driven cars. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point....
Originally Posted by cyclonetog
It comes down to what I said before. Freddy is extremely quick, but he's not in the same league as the former champions and Volker. Awesomatix is not going to win the worlds and frankly I doubt it's going to make the top 5 or even 10.
Awesomatix doesn't need to win worlds to change the game. When the other manufacturers are calling it a "cheater car," you know it has their attention.

Worlds is purely entertainment. Everybody knows the equipment used doesn't matter. Tamiya has won like the last 3 and that car is a joke. Nobody sane outside the team runs it these days. It's all Yokomo, XRay and Awesomatix. The rest are just for show.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I didnt mean an imeadiate price climb or re-tool, just that it would accelerate any changes in the market that were already taking place. We can kind of see this with all all of the manufacturers offering lower shock towers and short shocks. The awesomatix just takes a huge evolutionary leap with their suspension design. Does that mean every will produce a carbon copy, no, but they may take cues, like no c-hubs or infinetly adjustable rear toe.

As far as price goes, its scary that people are even willing to drop that kind of cash on a chassis to start with. We are paying almost the same price for kits now as we were $10 years ago. Very little inflation. But the awesomatix changes that. If it is selling, and it is, other manufacturers take notice and start pushing the envelope on price point with each kit they release. Just wait, I bet in 2-3 years $500-$600 will will be the base line for race level kits. And they will all have features that are now present on the awesometix.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
I didnt mean an imeadiate price climb or re-tool, just that it would accelerate any changes in the market that were already taking place. We can kind of see this with all all of the manufacturers offering lower shock towers and short shocks. The awesomatix just takes a huge evolutionary leap with their suspension design. Does that mean every will produce a carbon copy, no, but they may take cues, like no c-hubs or infinetly adjustable rear toe.

As far as price goes, its scary that people are even willing to drop that kind of cash on a chassis to start with. We are paying almost the same price for kits now as we were $10 years ago. Very little inflation. But the awesomatix changes that. If it is selling, and it is, other manufacturers take notice and start pushing the envelope on price point with each kit they release. Just wait, I bet in 2-3 years $500-$600 will will be the base line for race level kits. And they will all have features that are now present on the awesometix.
Valid point.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor

Whats so crazy about it, just because the "kit" retail is less, doesn't mean your total cost of ownership isn't the same or even higher. I'm actually surprised there aren't more "boutique" cars out there, custom made with some cool options that comes at a price. I guarantee most have a lot more "disposable" costs wrapped up in their motor/battery/speedo of the week projects vs their chassis cost. Plus, there is always used, that's how I got one
Old 04-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Keep in mind the AMX price includes a lot of things that don't come with other kits. ECS, full sway bars, no need for additional springs, etc. Still not cheap.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Meen-V with the yoke

EDIT: just throwing it out there!
Old 04-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Part of me still thinks the Awesomatix will surprise a lot of people. The team have been getting faster with each ETS race. The car is fast and Oleg will machine stuff in the hotel to make it faster.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patorz31
Part of me still thinks the Awesomatix will surprise a lot of people. The team have been getting faster with each ETS race. The car is fast and Oleg will machine stuff in the hotel to make it faster.
You do know that the race will be on asphalt, right? IJS...
Old 04-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Tamiya-5, Yokomo-1, Hot Bodies-1, everybody else-0. Team TRF always finds something when they need to.....
Old 04-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

These are some of the heats of Mod (still practice). THere are obviously others, but these are the only three he's posted.
Linked from Marc Rheinards Facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marc-...174762?fref=ts

Old 04-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What's up with Volker's first lap?
Old 04-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Its .462 seconds faster than anyone else's. lol thats whats up!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Looks like most guys are doing their hotlaps on laps 1 or 2, probably a byproduct of using carpet sauce for asphalt.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:04 AM
Tech Regular

And it looks like Yok worked out the additive again.
I now what you can do is very controlled, but Ronald and Naoto both open with a sub 14 then put in a 14.0 on lap 2, then drop to everybody else's speed.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Awesomatix doesn't need to win worlds to change the game. When the other manufacturers are calling it a "cheater car," you know it has their attention.

Worlds is purely entertainment. Everybody knows the equipment used doesn't matter. Tamiya has won like the last 3 and that car is a joke. Nobody sane outside the team runs it these days. It's all Yokomo, XRay and Awesomatix. The rest are just for show.
Erm which manufacturer has called it a cheater car? its nice, does some things different and its good driving a shaft car with brushless and getting that direct power. If it was a cheat car then it would win things, I dont recall it winning anything significant

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.