Tech Master

Hagberg , or elliot
Old 04-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Does Rheinard have to run a 418?
I'm guessing that he does.

However, going against his contract and running a Yoko might be an interesting way of getting the sack and resigned on the same day
Old 04-01-2014, 11:40 PM
Tech Regular

In the past, the Tamiya guys could race any TRF car they wanted. I remember Steen running a car that was a couple of generations old at the 2006 worlds.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Perhaps they'll have created another 'Yokamiya'
Old 04-02-2014, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cyclonetog
In the past, the Tamiya guys could race any TRF car they wanted. I remember Steen running a car that was a couple of generations old at the 2006 worlds.
I would guess that due to his contract, Rheinard using a car that is a couple of generations old would be a no no.
It would certainly look very bad for Tamiya if he did, 'yeah, the current car is great but I wanted to have a chance of winning so I went back to a 416'
Old 04-02-2014, 05:01 AM
Tech Regular

The warm-up race isn't usually a very good indicator of who will do well at the actual Worlds. Most drivers actually joke that they don't want to win the warm up, as the winner seems to never win the big event!

It'll be a time for teams to test their cars on the track, try to learn what they feel they need to change before October, and also potentially test out a bunch of prototype parts. It's also an opportunity for drivers to figure out how the tire works on the track - many of them will never have run the tire before.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I would guess that due to his contract, Rheinard using a car that is a couple of generations old would be a no no.
It would certainly look very bad for Tamiya if he did, 'yeah, the current car is great but I wanted to have a chance of winning so I went back to a 416'
In 2006 that went for the whole team, there were about 3 different versions around the TRF pits.
I did express the same surprise as you, but I was told Tamiya didn't see it that way. If it's the same 8 years later I don't know.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Xray should be interesting this year, I think Elliot will have a task on his hands (Although we all know he is fast!) as I dont know how large the Durango team is. I think the benefits of having the full entourage around all the time really helps, and Yokomo has been doing this for some time and they have been pretty dominant. Although I assume the other manufacturers will send over their full teams for this event and other main ones leading up to the worlds.

I just hope that its not a clear cut winner and we have a good exciting battle for the worlds.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

In 2006 that went for the whole team, there were about 3 different versions around the TRF pits.
I did express the same surprise as you, but I was told Tamiya didn't see it that way. If it's the same 8 years later I don't know.
Interesting, surely that meant they were admitting the latest car wasn't any good

Originally Posted by Qatmix
Xray should be interesting this year, I think Elliot will have a task on his hands (Although we all know he is fast!) as I dont know how large the Durango team is. I think the benefits of having the full entourage around all the time really helps, and Yokomo has been doing this for some time and they have been pretty dominant. Although I assume the other manufacturers will send over their full teams for this event and other main ones leading up to the worlds.

I just hope that its not a clear cut winner and we have a good exciting battle for the worlds.
I'm looking forward to see how Elliott does with the Durango, but I'm also interested to see what Olly Jefferies can do with the T4'14.

Skiddins
Old 04-02-2014, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

I'm going to make the statement that Elliot and his Durango will do well and handle the business. If the young champ keeps his head in the game and drives smart you'll be seeing an increase in Durango stocks.

The Durango is doing well and looks awesome on carpet in the hands of some local fast guys in my area. The car looks like it will be better on asphalt than on carpet, so I think everyone may be in for a big surprise.

But I'm pulling for the ARC TEAM
Old 04-02-2014, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

If Oleg shows up at the worlds with a computer and a cnc mill, than I wouldn't bet against Awesomatix. The level of support that guy does is incredible.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by NEED-MORE-SPEED
Which TC's Is Taking The 2014 Worlds Podium
I predict these three TC's will be on the podium: Xray T4 '14, Yokomo BD7 and Associated TC6.2.

I think that Awesomatix and Serpent Eryx 2.0 will be in the A-Main.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

2010 there would have been quite a few differences too. I dont think they all ran the same dampers for example and the amount of cuts to mounts and top decks was personal choice as well.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NEED-MORE-SPEED

But I'm pulling for the ARC TEAM
Who is the fastest ARC driver?

Lets face it, there are only a handful of guys that can actually win (or podium) the worlds. Then that guy needs the right car. If one of those elements are missing then forget it.
If Tamiya don't do something fast then they aren't looking great. Ronald will be up there, but seems to have lost a slight edge lately, maybe opening the door for Hara. Podium will probably be full of Yok's and Xrays, but HB are about due a car, so keep an eye on Andy Moore too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.