R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #91
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
I predict these three TC's will be on the podium: Xray T4 '14, Yokomo BD7 and Associated TC6.2.

I think that Awesomatix and Serpent Eryx 2.0 will be in the A-Main.
I'm afraid I'm going to annoy some people now when I say that I think Associated will be lucky to get a 6.2 in the A final.
That's not out of personal spite or envy, I just don't think they have the combination of best car and driver to take the event.
I'm happy to be proved wrong

Please remember, this thread is about the main worlds, not the warm up!

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #92
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think you're spot on about the 6.2
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:23 PM   #93
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonetog View Post
Who is the fastest ARC driver?

Lets face it, there are only a handful of guys that can actually win (or podium) the worlds. Then that guy needs the right car. If one of those elements are missing then forget it.
If Tamiya don't do something fast then they aren't looking great. Ronald will be up there, but seems to have lost a slight edge lately, maybe opening the door for Hara. Podium will probably be full of Yok's and Xrays, but HB are about due a car, so keep an eye on Andy Moore too.
I'm not at liberty to answer or comment to that question, however I'm pulling for the team

I do agree with your last statement though. All the stars, the moon and all the planets will need to be perfectly aligned for that one individual to take the win. There are several world class drivers attending and all going for the same thing. So this will be an interesting event for certain.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:30 PM   #94
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I think the Tc6.2 would be a solid A contender, but I don't know if anyone of the associated drivers can put it there unfortunately. Im thinking a Durango could squeeze in... maybe. But mostly xray and yokomo.
-Ted
mschumi101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:54 AM   #95
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You're leaving out the World Champion on this discussion, Jilles Groskamp. He's a well rounded driver and capable of producing results when the pressure is on.
my bet is on Jilles for the Worlds.

On the other hand, Marc is a lost cause, I think his ego is getting in the way of his driving. The car seems to be a decent contender, but I think Marc isn't putting the time and effort in like other drivers.
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:46 AM   #96
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
You're leaving out the World Champion on this discussion, Jilles Groskamp. He's a well rounded driver and capable of producing results when the pressure is on.
my bet is on Jilles for the Worlds.

On the other hand, Marc is a lost cause, I think his ego is getting in the way of his driving. The car seems to be a decent contender, but I think Marc isn't putting the time and effort in like other drivers.
Jilles won at what was formerly his local track, I'm not putting his driving down or saying he didn't deserve that win, but his results elsewhere haven't lived up to that worlds result.
RCDisco.co.uk
Old 04-03-2014, 06:06 AM   #97
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Jilles won at what was formerly his local track, I'm not putting his driving down or saying he didn't deserve that win, but his results elsewhere haven't lived up to that worlds result.
Your info is totally wrong....at the WC 2010 Jilles was dominating big time, until he had an transmitter failure. He should have won that one too. I do know Jilles for a very very long time....he is a superhard worker, but had bad luck on his side lots of time. Marc is a genious driver, but not very technical and not reallly hard working. So as far as Tamiya is concerned, I have a go on Jilles. Maybe Marc will copy his setup again :-) Surely Völker and Naoto of Yokomo and Hagberg for Xray will be fighting for the win too! Actually I think it should be Völkers turn this time, he deserves it. But who knows....maybe Awesomatix will be a big surprise!

--------12scale addicted---------
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:28 AM   #98
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
Your info is totally wrong....at the WC 2010 Jilles was dominating big time, until he had an transmitter failure. He should have won that one too. I do know Jilles for a very very long time....he is a superhard worker, but had bad luck on his side lots of time. Marc is a genious driver, but not very technical and not reallly hard working. So as far as Tamiya is concerned, I have a go on Jilles. Maybe Marc will copy his setup again :-) Surely Völker and Naoto of Yokomo and Hagberg for Xray will be fighting for the win too! Actually I think it should be Völkers turn this time, he deserves it. But who knows....maybe Awesomatix will be a big surprise!
I never said he wasn't any good, or that he doesn't work hard, just that his results since his worlds win haven't lived up to that win at other events.
RCDisco.co.uk
Old 04-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #99
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Tamiya and Yokomo would certainly be up there, dark horses could be Awesomatix or Xray.

Worlds would certainly be interesting, especially if Naoto isn't the TQ!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:55 AM   #100
Tech Champion

Rheinard for the win.

I'd like to see Hagberg in the A too, but it's tough out there....

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:57 AM   #101
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

You can predict whatever makes sense, but look how that one round of rain messed with the entire A main last time.. I think the americans/canadians will have a stonger showing on a more familiar surface, and a track you don't need binoculars to see the end of the straight on
Old 04-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #102
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I think if the awesomeatix takes the podium, then we will see some big changes in the next year. Manufacturers will take a page from the awesomatix playbook and iether go back to shaft drive or take a really hard look at even lower shocks or both. I think the downside to this could also be the current price of the awesomatix. While it is worth the price, thats what is scary, that other manufacturers will think so too and when they redisign there cars to clone the awesomatix, they will clone the price. As good as the car is, the more people buy one at the $700 + price point, the more acceptable it will be to sell even more chassis at that price.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:45 AM   #103
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
I think if the awesomeatix takes the podium, then we will see some big changes in the next year. Manufacturers will take a page from the awesomatix playbook and iether go back to shaft drive or take a really hard look at even lower shocks or both. I think the downside to this could also be the current price of the awesomatix. While it is worth the price, thats what is scary, that other manufacturers will think so too and when they redisign there cars to clone the awesomatix, they will clone the price. As good as the car is, the more people buy one at the $700 + price point, the more acceptable it will be to sell even more chassis at that price.
I'm not sure that Awesomatix taking a podium spot is going to end in TC kits costing $700 across the board. That's a pretty big leap. Belt driven TCs are still dominant. It would take a full Awesomatix sweep of the podium for every TC mfg. to re-tool to make shaft driven cars. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point....
R Doyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:01 AM   #104
Tech Regular

It comes down to what I said before. Freddy is extremely quick, but he's not in the same league as the former champions and Volker. Awesomatix is not going to win the worlds and frankly I doubt it's going to make the top 5 or even 10.
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #105
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not one mention of Paul Lemieux? I think Paul is due for some good luck on an IFMAR stage.
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. Losi 22 4.0, CRC Xi (retired), CRC Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote