R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2005, 08:42 PM   #76
Tech Elite
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,729
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufman
In future DVD's could you make the music an option. It is hard to understand Scotty and the interviews because of the music. It is interesting to me to hear the cars too since some were brushless and made no noise at all!! Overall it is a pretty good DVD.
Music as an option? hmmm. I'l make a note of that.

Thanks,

Izzy
__________________
Izzy
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:43 PM   #77
Tech Elite
 
jamescam's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Got my DVD today and watched most of it immediately (wife came home and bothered me). Here is my review/feedback.

- Very good race action. You never miss the front-line fights.
- Thought the interview with the model was out of place.
- Music was solid and flowed well with the action, however not sure why it was on during interview.
- Minor sound problems, you can tell a boom mike wasn't used
- Professional quality DVD

Wishes for next DVD
- If possible show the names of the winners at the end of each race. Or as the race is going on show who is currently in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
- Driver interviews (didnt watch the whole thing yet so there may be some)
- You are probably not allowed to take a camera into the pit before a race but if you could show them dialing their cars in that would be VERY impressive
- Display text with the names of some of the more popular racers as you show them on screen

Bottomline, this was the best $10 I spent on this hobby!
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 11:10 PM   #78
Tech Elite
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,729
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescam
Got my DVD today and watched most of it immediately (wife came home and bothered me). Here is my review/feedback.

- Very good race action. You never miss the front-line fights.
- Thought the interview with the model was out of place.
- Music was solid and flowed well with the action, however not sure why it was on during interview.
- Minor sound problems, you can tell a boom mike wasn't used
- Professional quality DVD

Wishes for next DVD
- If possible show the names of the winners at the end of each race. Or as the race is going on show who is currently in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
- Driver interviews (didnt watch the whole thing yet so there may be some)
- You are probably not allowed to take a camera into the pit before a race but if you could show them dialing their cars in that would be VERY impressive
- Display text with the names of some of the more popular racers as you show them on screen

Bottomline, this was the best $10 I spent on this hobby!
James,

Thank you for all the positive comments as well as suggestions for improvement, there is always room for those. It seem like you yourself has some type of experience in relation with producing videos.
I'm glad you had your money's worth.

Izzy
__________________
Izzy
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 09:42 AM   #79
Tech Elite
 
jamescam's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I've been in a studio to film some product clips but nothing special, mostly PR stuff.

I just have to say the value of this DVD is incredible. Anyone who enjoys rc racing should pick this up, the more I watch (still haven't finished the whole thing yet) the more I am puzzled why you didn't charge at least $19.95. For $10 (shipped) I not only got a great DVD I got it in 3 days!

The race announcer was also very good, although I am thinking of creating a drinking game where you have to take a shot every time he says "easy". A strong point of the dvd was how close you were to him so you could hear everything pretty clearly.

One more suggestion, offer to talk to the company reps that are testing new products in the race. Promise you won't show the piece on camera but give them 30 secs to talk about what it is and what the rc fans can expect when it comes out. Not many companies will turn away a buzz opportunity and it will add even more to this great DVD.
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 01:06 PM   #80
Tech Master
 
Guo Chean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Indiana, PA15701
Posts: 1,492
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean
Default

hey did you send the wrong address? i still havent received it until today since you tell me that you already send on tuesday. do you have any tracking number?
__________________
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]|HotBodies|HPI|Full Throttle Motorsports|KO PROPO|DSM|Nosram|JACO|MUCH MORE RACING|Schacht Design Works|[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by Guo Chean; 07-23-2005 at 01:27 PM.
Guo Chean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 07:04 PM   #81
Tech Elite
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,729
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guo Chean
hey did you send the wrong address? i still havent received it until today since you tell me that you already send on tuesday. do you have any tracking number?
I'll appreciate if you will Email me regarding matters of delivery.
I will be sending you an Email regarding your order.

Thanks
__________________
Izzy
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 07:11 PM   #82
Tech Elite
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,729
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescam
I've been in a studio to film some product clips but nothing special, mostly PR stuff.

I just have to say the value of this DVD is incredible. Anyone who enjoys rc racing should pick this up, the more I watch (still haven't finished the whole thing yet) the more I am puzzled why you didn't charge at least $19.95. For $10 (shipped) I not only got a great DVD I got it in 3 days!

The race announcer was also very good, although I am thinking of creating a drinking game where you have to take a shot every time he says "easy". A strong point of the dvd was how close you were to him so you could hear everything pretty clearly.

One more suggestion, offer to talk to the company reps that are testing new products in the race. Promise you won't show the piece on camera but give them 30 secs to talk about what it is and what the rc fans can expect when it comes out. Not many companies will turn away a buzz opportunity and it will add even more to this great DVD.
Again, thanks for the nice comments and suggestions.

Izzy
__________________
Izzy
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 08:15 PM   #83
Tech Champion
 
John Tag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 8,925
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the fast shipping Izzy, Man you need to get paid more THX Great work.
__________________
www.express-motorsports.net for all your motor needs
Multi time National Champions,Reedy Champs,Vegas Champs,Birds, Champs,[email protected]

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 09:45 PM   #84
Tech Master
 
f1larry's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 1,771
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to f1larry
Default

Izzy,
Got my DVD's today. Great stuff.

Thanks again
__________________
Windy City RC Raceway & Hobbies, Arlington Heights, IL
Exotek F1R3|X-Ray T4 16|CRC Xti Altered Ego|Associated B5M|TT02|TA05|TL01RA|TL01|
f1larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 10:44 PM   #85
Tech Elite
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,729
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag
Thanks for the fast shipping Izzy, Man you need to get paid more THX Great work.
Alright, aright! For those who think I should get paid more, just make a donation to my favorite charity... taobracing.net... we need a generator!
__________________
Izzy
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 12:26 AM   #86
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Donations? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyracer
Alright, aright! For those who think I should get paid more, just make a donation to my favorite charity... taobracing.net... we need a generator!
izzy... good idea! 7500watt generator is only $500.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 02:45 PM   #87
Tech Regular
 
thecrow2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 451
Default

Hey there, thinking of buying 1 or all 3 but my moneys precious being 14. So just a question. What races are shown in the 05 dvd eg heats. finals and how many races in total. Thanks
thecrow2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 04:15 PM   #88
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Behind the screen
Posts: 226
Default

Hi Izzy! Just ordered the 05 DVD today!

Really excited to watch it! Have you send out the DVDs ordered this week-end already?

Also, how long will it thake to shipp to France?

Sorry for all the ?? I m already starting to sweat just by reading this thread!
BTW, thank you for updating this thread and for working on this DVD!!!
Tbevofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 07:04 PM   #89
Tech Addict
 
carkillaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 687
Default

Izzy you have a PM
carkillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 07:12 PM   #90
Tech Elite
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,729
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrow2k
Hey there, thinking of buying 1 or all 3 but my moneys precious being 14. So just a question. What races are shown in the 05 dvd eg heats. finals and how many races in total. Thanks
you got PM
__________________
Izzy
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reedy Race of Champions EAMotorsports Electric On-Road 901 07-08-2007 10:13 AM
R/C Tech LIVE at the 2005 Reedy Race of Champions @ Tamiya USA speedxl Electric On-Road 1045 07-18-2005 08:12 PM
2005 Reedy Race of Champions Europe WorldCup2004 Electric On-Road 118 06-23-2005 06:42 AM
2005 Reedy Race of Champions! speedxl Racing Forum 4 04-11-2005 03:18 PM
Reedy TC Race of Champions Neil Rabara Electric On-Road 721 07-06-2003 11:35 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:36 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net