R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Which touring car has the least amount of slop? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/783111-touring-car-has-least-amount-slop.html)

theclutch 01-03-2014 09:38 PM

Which touring car has the least amount of slop?

I'm contemplating getting another touring car. Which TC, in your opinion, has the least amount of slop in the steering, suspension arms, etc? Ideally, please only respond if you at least have checked out cars for slop. I've noticed, for instance, that off road cars have an incredible amount of slop such that it's probably useless using a setup station for them. If you're like me and suffer from OCD (although I'd argue that it's a positive trait), you would be the type to obsess about cars not having any slop.

So any thoughts and opinions from fellow OCD'ers?

lee111m 01-03-2014 10:02 PM

I'm not OCD but by far the most popular car at my club is Xray. I've only compared it to a couple other cars, but I feel like 90% of the people have Xray.(its about 20ish guys in Canada)

Josh-n-ya 01-03-2014 10:25 PM

ARC R10! I am still impressed with how tight this car is and Ive been running it for 9 months!

xrayracer1 01-03-2014 11:40 PM

Xray Serpent and ARC seem to be the top 3 in no particular order.:cool:

sosidge 01-04-2014 01:34 AM

You are assuming that a lack of slop is a good thing... RC cars seem to need a bit of free play in the components.

I was running the ARC, the tolerances are very fine, the materials are very stiff... and it ran far better after a year of break-in than it did when it was brand new!

whityboy 01-04-2014 01:34 AM

serpent has no slope at all when you bild it, you have to sand most parts for not to bind. but if you run it one month is full of slope

sashimi999 01-04-2014 03:53 AM

I vote VBC wildfire D06.

Charel 01-04-2014 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by sashimi999 (Post 12872097)
I vote VBC wildfire D06.

+1 on VBC :nod::nod:

Core Creations 01-04-2014 10:09 AM

Tamiya TL01 is as precise as it gets!!:lol:

haywood 01-04-2014 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by sosidge (Post 12872009)
You are assuming that a lack of slop is a good thing... RC cars seem to need a bit of free play in the components.

I was running the ARC, the tolerances are very fine, the materials are very stiff... and it ran far better after a year of break-in than it did when it was brand new!

+1
My Mi5 has plenty of slop but drives quite well. I use to get hung up on slop also but I let it go!:nod:

grippgoat 01-04-2014 11:43 AM

I'm impressed with my xrays. On the 13, you do have to check the arm mounts periodically, and my 14 required a bit of shimming on the hinge pins. Both required some re-snugging of screws in the steering rack after break-in. A bit of ahimming on the axles (particularly the spec-r dcjs) was worthwhile. But after months of use with board taps and stuff, they're still quite tidy. Don't get me wrong, there's a touch of slop, but only what I'd consider appropriate for free movement. Nothing that makes it difficult to get repeatable setup.

My schumacher mi4 lp went together extremely well, bit got sloppy after a bit of running. Then there was the tc6.1...

-Mike

theproffesor 01-04-2014 11:56 AM

My VBC has very little compared to my Hot Bodies stuff. Also the the VBC comes with shims to take up any slop you may have. I cant compair any other brands. Slop doesn't neccesarily mean bad quality. Could be opposite, if you have to shave and sand every part to fit then its just the opposite asnparts having too much slop. I would actually preffer parts that need a shim verses parts that have to be cut. Nothing like hand fitting spare parts between heats.

daleburr 01-04-2014 03:45 PM

Xray is the best I've seen and owned, and stays good over time. I've never felt the need to replace any plastic because of slop.

Worst ive seen is the Associated 6.1. Serpent also looks very sloppy.

Keep hearing good things about the Wildfire but sadly not seen one in the uk yet.

Potoczak 01-04-2014 03:57 PM

Another vote for VBC d06.

Simmi 01-04-2014 04:22 PM

Dream Cars: AWO and TEAM MAGIC

Boulevard Cars: Tamiya Racing Factory ... Kown as TRF 418 :rolleyes: