Search

Need A Faster Motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 11:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Exclamation Need A Faster Motor

Hi All,
I currently have a 'Drift Star 350Z' which has the standard components. That being the 540 engine and standard ESC that comes with the car.
I would like to fit a bigger [FASTER] engine into the chassis, without having to change the ESC.
I'm not expecting to go super fast, but would simply like to achieve some better drifts.

As far as I'm aware, the 540 engine is a 26 Turn engine. I have been offered a 20 Turn engine, which is supposed to be compatable with the current ESC.

Could anyone please tell me what the maximum size engine would be, that would be compatable with the current ESC?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

CHEERS
Old 01-14-2011, 01:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

the largest size motor for the car is a 540 sized motor. but the lower the turn is on the motor the more powerful it is . so what you need to do is look at the manual for your speedcontroller and see what is the motor limit on it. that will tell you how low of a turn you can run then i would look at the manual on the car for the suggested gear ratio for the chosen motor so you dont burn it up.