Wiki Posts
Search

M03L Alloy parts help required.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Default M03L Alloy parts help required.

Hey there guys n possibly girls...?

Recently purchased an M03L.. previously had the OG M03 with alloy knuckles frontn rear swaybars, alloy arms etc.. want to build this 'new' mini into a similar spec'd vehicle.

Issue is.. Im having a hard time understading what exactly is compatible. There seems to be a bit of a mixed bag into M03 vs M03M/L compatibility.

I have a few MUST HAVE items.. which include but are not limited to Alloy front and rear arms. C hubs and knuckles. I inquired at RCmart and was told the M03 parts they sell are not compatible with the M03L.. namely the 3 racing front n rear arms and c hub, with the 'yeah racing' knuckle.

If anyone has experience with upgrading the suspension arms and steering gear, please share some links and part numbers etc.. Colour is not an issue, prefer to keep it blue, but whatever works is good!

Iv got the Super CVA shocks here ready to be built, so open to any suggestions during the build process that may differ from the original instructions. extra O rings to limit droop, oil weights etc.

The mini will be sued as a car park racer more so than a club racer, and will most probably sport a 9t Ezirun brushless. Is the ESC that comes with this combo pretty reliable? will it handle a 3C lipo? also have cheater gears for the gearbox on their way as well as the usual Uni upgrade, hardened pinion, etc.

So thats my current questions. Thanks for what appears to be a VERY knowledgeable forum and I look forward to contributing where and when I can!

I will post up a pic of the body shell painted as soon as I get a chance.. or whenever the alloy question gets answered
Which ever comes first!

Thanks again, and may the RC be with you!~!
Old 12-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

no need to dump a bunch of money into that car. i would say just spend the money on some nice trf shocks and be done.

the esc that comes with the 9t ezrun combo should probably not be run on 3s lipo, and with a mini , 2wd, i don't know why you would want to do that, it would burn through tires like crazy.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

13t ezrun on 2s is a great choice for the mini. Downunder guys have been running them for years. Didn't catch on here in the US.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yes the hobbywing 9t will run on 3s but will just strip the gears especially if using the cheater gears they will strip even quicker than the standard ones.

the only time this setup you are perusing is great if you want to race around a velodrome, like what we do in Aus "Rc thunderdrome" on facebook

we use the 5.5 combo on 2s with foam tyres and clock around 80km/h

but for standard running as AngryRog has mentioned above is the best choice.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:47 AM
Tech Rookie

your on the ball there Darkness.. I was out at the dome on boxingday.. picked up some parts off tim but had to leave just after the X01 threw its second front wheel

still in a muddle about these alloy parts..

I realize m05 is the new m03.. but hey.. I like the m03! what can I say!

noted on the 'cheater' gears.. will leave them in the spares kit or might look at a second chassis for JUST that purpose..
Old 12-28-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

When I upgraded my Mini I ran a Castle 7700 with a 2 cell and that was plenty strong enough for the street. I used GRP 17mm foams w/stock gearing, TRF shocks (40 wt). It would turn 45+ mph down the straights and as you know, that is flying in a Mini.