Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Belt snap!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 02:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Belt snap!

How often would a tc belt let go on average? I ask because my t2 belt let go the other day and i am not sure if i should put a couple of spares in the box! The track i run on is pretty clean, only a few tiny stones seem to get stuck in the belts per run. Cheers
Old 12-21-2013, 02:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Oops, running stock that is!
Old 12-21-2013, 06:19 AM
2xs
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It wouldn't hurt to have a couple spares running outdoors. I have never run outdoor with my TC or TCX. But I still keep a spare just in case. Doubt I will ever need them, just nice to have the insurance if one was to snap from picking up a body pin or screw.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Fly'n Fish
How often would a tc belt let go on average? I ask because my t2 belt let go the other day and i am not sure if i should put a couple of spares in the box! The track i run on is pretty clean, only a few tiny stones seem to get stuck in the belts per run. Cheers
id had enough of the belts snapping,i went to my local p/o and picked up some wide rubber bands,since changing over i havent had one let go at all and i run on a very dirty track,it also gives a small amount of traction control as it stretches slightly then catapults you past the car infront,its like having drs,havent lost a race since rubber bands,they are rare but if you can get the red ones they are really suited to stock,in mod i recommend 2 of the beige ones
hope this helps

and i nearly forgot,to reduce friction spray them with wd40 before a run makes them more supple

Last edited by chasingthepack; 12-21-2013 at 06:49 AM. Reason: re info
Old 12-21-2013, 11:54 PM
Tech Addict

Some cars just are really bad for this.
My Xray T2 007 (I had 2) gave me no end of issues with stuff getting in the belts/pullies.
My Xray 2008 & T3 have zero issues with belts.

Belts + small stones is never a good combo.
Check the pullies for damage as well.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok thanks guys, i have one of each f+r in spare now. I guess the idea would be to clean after each run. They are pretty good at sucking up little stones in my t2.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
id had enough of the belts snapping,i went to my local p/o and picked up some wide rubber bands,since changing over i havent had one let go at all and i run on a very dirty track,it also gives a small amount of traction control as it stretches slightly then catapults you past the car infront,its like having drs,havent lost a race since rubber bands,they are rare but if you can get the red ones they are really suited to stock,in mod i recommend 2 of the beige ones
hope this helps

and i nearly forgot,to reduce friction spray them with wd40 before a run makes them more supple
are you serious???