Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roar Legal Bodies?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Roar Legal Bodies?

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the majority of the Roar legal bodies are out of production? We're supposed to be a class that's close to/mimicking real world Touring Cars but when it comes down to it everyone is using the same 1 body (carpet is the Parme Alpha.) Are there new bodies in the works? Granted HPI has a lot of bodies, but none of them are decent handling... We're becoming like Nascar here, a spec body with a different grill....
Old 07-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The Proto Stratus 3.0 Carpet I've heard is really good on the rug. Racing outdoor here, there's tons if different bodies being run right now. Many more than in years past. You see Stratus 3.0 (both carpet and all purpose) Mazda 6's, Ride has a full line of bodies that are very common, Yokomo has the Stratus E, Tamiya has the Legacy, Rayspeed, etc... There's tons of good handling bodies out right now. Like I said though, this is outdoor racing mainly. Out here, I've only seen a couple people run the Parma Alpha you mentioned since it came out.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Jon- Most of those bodies you posted are not ROAR legal, correct? I Know the Yok Stratus E, none of the Rides and the Tamiya bodies are on the ROAR approved list. Or is it just another one of ROARS lackings, no updated webpage...

And he is talking about ROAR legal bodies.

But I do agree that all of them you posted are being ran at my local track also.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

Honestly, I'm not sure. I know the Mazda is and I'm pretty sure the Stratus 3.0's are legal. Unless you're running a sanctioned race,it really dosen't matter.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Tech Rookie

There are a lot of bodies that handel good. But none of them are as fast as the Parma Alfa. One good racer I know lost three tenths to a half a second a lap going from the Alfa to the stratus 3.0. That's why at national events the a main is usually full of parma alfas. It's going to take a while before a company releases something better.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Yes I was refering to Roar legal and none of the Ride bodies are approved.... Aren't we supposed to stop using bodies 5 years or so after they are no longer raced? I haven't seen a stratus raced in a long time....
Old 07-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

is the nsx approved?
Old 07-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

No. Here's the "rule" that ROAR has for bodies.

 Touring Cars: Two- or four-door sedans that have competed in a full-size Touring Car series.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neapolis47
There are a lot of bodies that handel good. But none of them are as fast as the Parma Alfa. One good racer I know lost three tenths to a half a second a lap going from the Alfa to the stratus 3.0. That's why at national events the a main is usually full of parma alfas. It's going to take a while before a company releases something better.

Odd...I don't see any Parma Alfa's listed here: Reedy Race Bodies
Old 07-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
Odd...I don't see any Parma Alfa's listed here: Reedy Race Bodies

Thats because that was an asphalt race... The Parma Alpha is used on carpet. It can be used on asphalt, but there are better choices.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

Rod, your avitar is just worng.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Funny thing though, RaySpeeds Accord body and Yokomo's Stratus E have the part number imprinted on the front window (as per Roar rules) and JMRCA, ROAR, and IFMAR rear bumper cut lines. Yet they are not Roar legal. Sucks when companies make these bodies, yet are too lazy to submit them for approval.. hehe.

As for the Roar approval list, I just thought that when Roar went to the uhh 5 year (or whatever) approval deal.. all they did was make everything currently on the list legal for the next 5 years. I'm sure you can still buy some of these old bodies in hobbyshops through~out.

Now loosing .5 sec per lap is possible when switching bodies. But that doesn't mean that the body is slow. Just might mean the car is setup for the other body and needs to be tuned to suit the other one. That would mean work.. and well.. most of us are lazy... hehe...