R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-27-2014, 12:49 PM   #481
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Filipow View Post
Thank you to everyone involved that made this event happen at Tamiya America again. It was great to be back at one of the most beautiful tracks in the world. What made the event so good?

-Covered pits with tables, chairs and reliable power (that didn't fail once during the week) that was provided for everyone. Ample parking.

-A race schedule that allowed for a bit of open practice each morning for those that wanted it. Two rounds of seeding runs to help sort out the field for the start of qualifying. Triple main formats for all racers, from the first to the last main.

-Fast, friendly and efficient tech throughout the week. There was rarely a line of more than two or three racers waiting to get through tech. It was never stressful or confusing. Thank you kindly to all the volunteers who worked so patiently everyday.

-Handout tires that were reliable and consistent. The Sweep tires were actually a touch faster for many drivers on the second run (compared to the first run). I didn't hear a single complaint about the tires at any point during the event.

-The track was very well prepared, immaculately dressed and very fast. Some Spec drivers were turning lap times as fast or faster than both Mod and Invite classes did just ten years ago on the same layout.

-Oh, and you get to watch a field of the world's best drivers race head-to-head four times a day for three days. What more could anyone ask for?

Thank you Reedy/Associated, Tamiya America, Scotty Ernst Productions and all of the other sponsors who made this event a reality. I hope to be back again in 2015!
I echo all these points 100%! This was an incredible event and a real privilege to turn laps on a track that had always been sort of a mythical dream-land to me. Met some awesome new people and thanks to everyone who helped out a n00b like me.

Props to Scotty, Sean, Rick and everyone else who pitched in. Can't wait for next year!
Old 05-27-2014, 01:56 PM   #482
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Johnson View Post
Here are a few photos.
And hundreds more on Reedy's Facebook page.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #483
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Does anyone know where the full results are posted? (all mains)
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:35 PM   #484
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplus View Post
MR is blaming his car, I think he has just been beaten by a more consistent driver. He can match him for one lap pace, but not over 20+ laps it seems.

I will have to disagree with you on that! I was there all 4 days, and Marc drove really well. His car just did not have the stability and corner speed as Volker's. Marc had to push his car much harder to achieve lap times closer to Volker's. Volker's car looked like it had tons of corner speed. Throughout practice, the Yoks of Meen and Hara all looked great also. I heard lots of people call the Yoks "SteerMachines."

The Sweep tires we got at the race were 3 run tires, with the 2nd run being best. Also, the tires at the race was softer than the same tire sold 3 weeks before the race.

Fun race! It's great to see & chat with people around the world with the same passion on RC.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:09 PM   #485
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Does anyone know where the full results are posted? (all mains)
You can find the results of each Open class heat race, main, and triple A main results at LiveRC.com. The results of each Invitational race are also posted. What is not available is the final Invitational points of the calculated results of the triple lower mains.

I hope to have these to post tomorrow.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #486
Tech Elite

Default Full Results - Invitational class

Here are the full Invitational Class results with an explanation of how the results are determined.

Invitational results are determined by combining the points from a driverís best 10 out of 12 rounds. In the event of a tie, the first tie breaker will be determined by the most first place finishes between tied racers. Most second places finishes will break second level ties. Third level ties will be broken by the most third place finishes and so on, until all ten scored rounds are used. In the event that a tie still exists after using the ten scored rounds, the final tie breaker will be the addition of the three best laps and times from the scored rounds regardless of the finishing positions in those three rounds.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions-2014-invitational-results.jpg  
Old 05-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #487
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedgti View Post
The Sweep tires we got at the race were 3 run tires, with the 2nd run being best. Also, the tires at the race was softer than the same tire sold 3 weeks before the race.
I do not think the tires were any different from what we tested.
The track on the other hand was considerably different from when we tested or ran the GCR.
Also there I think the tires would have been fine for more runs if needed but it was never necessary to run more than 3 times on a set.
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:05 PM   #488
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedgti View Post
I will have to disagree with you on that! I was there all 4 days, and Marc drove really well. His car just did not have the stability and corner speed as Volker's.
Thanks for the intel! Interesting. I couldn't get reliable video here in Aus. From the ETS races it hasn't looked that way really, and I'd assumed since Jilles was getting wins (he ultimately isn't as fast as Marc or Volker probably) the car must have been running well.

It also looked on the snippet I did see that Volker had monster top end as well - I didn't see his car vs Marc, Hara or Jilles though, was that the case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
Here are the full Invitational Class results with an explanation of how the results are determined.
Close racing. So it was literally the little spin in round 7 with 2 laps to go (gifting Volker the win that round) that cost him the title.

No wonder he went win or bust in round 11, coming 2nd it still would have been a throw out round for him...!
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:20 PM   #489
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I had a great time. To Scotty and everyone that put on the event, a sincere thankyou !

And for the spirit of fun, special thanks go to Dave E. , Charlie S. and PauL'e. / Small Paul for all the comedy relief !

And for those that missed it : Small Paul gets kinky ! check it out :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90pxjU7itN0

Race on brothers !

Jake D.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:11 PM   #490
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Old 05-27-2014, 09:32 PM   #491
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just a few more.....http://s154.photobucket.com/user/99g...w/reedy%202014
Old 05-28-2014, 08:09 AM   #492
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet Top View Post
I had a great time. To Scotty and everyone that put on the event, a sincere thankyou !

And for the spirit of fun, special thanks go to Dave E. , Charlie S. and PauL'e. / Small Paul for all the comedy relief !

Race on brothers !

Jake D.
I was surprised at how much the impact diverted the TC. More than just what the curb did.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:19 PM   #493
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger View Post
Nice pics Minh.

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:25 PM   #494
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet Top View Post

Race on brothers !

Jake D.
Looks liks he got nailed. I wonder if the car sustained any damage?

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:13 PM   #495
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Just wanted to echo many of the sentiments posted about this years Reedy Race and thank all those involved with the preparation and execution. All went smoothly and it was a very enjoyable race to participate in as well as watch. I hope to be able to be there next year and I am sure, after a bit of recovery, Small Paul will be as well.

-Alex