R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-26-2014, 09:03 PM   #331
Tech Addict

I heard from some friends at the Tamiyas track at the race today that the new sweep tires were great, and really wonderful,,,,,,for the first run...afer that they weren't so great. did anyone hear anything differently?
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:33 PM   #332
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop View Post
I heard from some friends at the Tamiyas track at the race today that the new sweep tires were great, and really wonderful,,,,,,for the first run...afer that they weren't so great. did anyone hear anything differently?
Sounds typical for the Tamiya track to me
#60 of the Original 100
If your not part of the solution
Your part of the problem !
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:36 PM   #333
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop View Post
You would be misinformed then. They were great today even though the track was green and temps cool.
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:39 PM   #334
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cochran View Post
You would be misinformed then. They were great today even though the track was green and temps cool.
Sean,I sure hope so.
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:05 PM   #335
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC View Post
Sounds typical for any rubber tire on asphalt ever to me
Fixed

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:30 AM   #336
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Hi everyone,

Things are going well in preparations for a great time back at Tamiya Raceway America, the place that made so much history with the Reedy Race.

It sounds like all went well this past week at the track and many are very anxious to get it on at the RR.

Just a bit of information for everyone. We do have a few spots open in the race and if anyone is still thinking of joining, I ask that you sign up now. I am sending out the list for drivers to get the very nice and professionally produced event name badges made and would like to get everyone on the list.

We will be doing event check in on Wednesday afternoon at the track from 1pm-5pm. You will be able to check in and verify all your information and also get tires. Thursday will be crazy in the morning as everyone is getting set for practice, so we want to get as much done as we can on Wednesday to make it easier and less of a wait in line on Thursday morning.

If you have any questions at all, please email me at [email protected] and I will be happy to answer them. I look forward to seeing all of you soon.

Thanks
Scotty
[email protected]
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #337
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE View Post
Hi everyone,

Things are going well in preparations for a great time back at Tamiya Raceway America, the place that made so much history with the Reedy Race.

It sounds like all went well this past week at the track and many are very anxious to get it on at the RR.

Just a bit of information for everyone. We do have a few spots open in the race and if anyone is still thinking of joining, I ask that you sign up now. I am sending out the list for drivers to get the very nice and professionally produced event name badges made and would like to get everyone on the list.

We will be doing event check in on Wednesday afternoon at the track from 1pm-5pm. You will be able to check in and verify all your information and also get tires. Thursday will be crazy in the morning as everyone is getting set for practice, so we want to get as much done as we can on Wednesday to make it easier and less of a wait in line on Thursday morning.

If you have any questions at all, please email me at [email protected] and I will be happy to answer them. I look forward to seeing all of you soon.

Thanks
Scotty
[email protected]
Hi Scotty,
With the early check in, how are the pit allocations being handled? Will early birds get first pick on Wednesday?
Thanks
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:33 AM   #338
Tech Elite

Any chance we can get a sticky for this thread?
Old 05-01-2014, 11:48 AM   #339
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE View Post

if anyone wants to pay my entry fee I'll race it!!!

nevertheless I'm ready to watch some good racing that weekend, should be fun!!!!
Gomnadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:20 AM   #340
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hey Frank, you don't have the $125 yet?

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:11 PM   #341
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Reedy Participants,

Quick announcement. Many of you or some of you have been accustomed to bringing your own EZ-up canopy with tables and chairs to the Tamiya facility for smaller events. We will not allow personal EZ-Up canopies in the facility.
With the return of the Reedy Race at Tamiya, Rick, Scotty and myself want the event to be as well laid out as possible. With that said, the event will be completely powered. There is no need to bring generators. There is also plenty of covered pit space. Invitational drivers will pit in the covered awning while the bulk of the open drivers are to pit under the 100x30 tent located next to the back straight.
The corner of the Tamiya facility next to the church fence is reserved for the event sponsors who wish to bring a Factory tent to display their products.

If you have never been to our facility I have attached an arial view where things will be laid out.

For the complete story of our track please go here: http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/tcs.php?article-id=568
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions-reedy-2014-tent-layout.jpg  
FMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:01 PM   #342
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post
Reedy Participants,

Quick announcement. Many of you or some of you have been accustomed to bringing your own EZ-up canopy with tables and chairs to the Tamiya facility for smaller events. We will not allow personal EZ-Up canopies in the facility.
With the return of the Reedy Race at Tamiya, Rick, Scotty and myself want the event to be as well laid out as possible. With that said, the event will be completely powered. There is no need to bring generators. There is also plenty of covered pit space. Invitational drivers will pit in the covered awning while the bulk of the open drivers are to pit under the 100x30 tent located next to the back straight.
Fred,
We have to bring Tables and chairs or will this provided by the organizers?
Thank you
silden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:01 AM   #343
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Mendoza View Post
Hey Frank, you don't have the $125 yet?

Hell no Paco, just can't afford it this year.
Gomnadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #344
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by silden View Post
Fred,
We have to bring Tables and chairs or will this provided by the organizers?
Thank you
Tables, chairs, covered pits and power are all provided.
FMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:36 PM   #345
AE-Reedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post
Tables, chairs, covered pits and power are all provided.
Bringing a power strip is recommended.
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote