R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-14-2005, 01:02 PM   #61
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick
Jon, lets say those guys or even you really don't like mod and don't want to race it because they really enjoy 19t. Do you think it's fair to force them to run something they hate? That will lead to people leaving the hobby in droves.
Good point. I guess the way I look at it personally is I want to run the highest class I can. Last Saturday I wanted to run 19 turn because That's what I know at that track. But I was very glad I ended up racing modified with you.

Last edited by Jon Kerr; 07-14-2005 at 03:30 PM.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:22 PM   #62
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Driver1

i raced at a track for a big race and heres what got me BAD!

they say we FOLLOW ROAR RULES!!!! blah blah [email protected] because they never have had a big ROAR race....

so all the rules apply..right?....BUT since 3700's are ABOUT TO BE LEGAL IN STOCK a few ran them....yet i was gonna push this farther since the stupid idea to run 3700's since their ALMOST legal? and run a v2 enbell on one of my good monsters...and they way i had it tuned it was STUPID FAST! i mean V2's are ALMOST legal to arent they...ugh!

this was a stupid thing that happened and really p*$$ed me off...and about 5 guys left....

i havent really felt like going back since...one reason because i had to within 10 minutes of my race borrow a old motor that was $&*#@^ and it ruined my day from there on...
Driver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:27 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I am with Steve and Jon on this one. When exactly did it become unacceptable to get beat by people that were better than us? We dont need different classes for different skill levels. Thats why we have A, B, C mains.

When I started racing offroad in '86. We had production (Tamiya cars), 2whl Stock, and 4whl Open. 2wd was the biggest class with a C or D main every week. I was so happy when I started making C mains. Then a few months later I started running toward the front of the C.

We dont need Stock, Amateur Stock, Expert Stock, Pro Stock, Turbo Stock, Factory Stock, Masters Stock. We need Novice (these people are just learning how to drive and dont need so called "Pros" yelling at them), Stock, 19 turn, and Mod in touring car. And I dont think there is a need for a stock national champ unless they limit the sponsorship level of the drivers. And if you make an A at any stock National, you should no longer be allowed to enter Stock Nationals ever again.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:46 PM   #64
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Especially when Novak and LRP really don't know much about brushless technology.
That's because there's so much to learn and it's still early days!!

Brushless in cars is new and there's sure to be improved new systems coming along from other companies. Novak and LRP may or may not be the ones to 'get it right' first.

As for 27T stock motor innovation, looks like there's some of that coming too.

Certainly is interesting times a'comin!
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:32 PM   #65
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Well what about Checkpoint...They are making a stock and 19T locked endbell models soon...isn't that inovation....Longer comm, longer brush life and Ultra fast motor, now that is inovative in my book, save me money and keep proformance...If you think they don't know what they are doing...Ask Josh Newman....Reedy Winner, Ko Winner, Norca Winner....all within a month...All with checkpoint motors... WHat about Tebo in off road...Winner should be his nickname...Seems there is a new motor in town...Keep your eyes peeled for the Stock and 19T motors from them.

OK vent over,
-Shookie <><
this is exactly what I am talking about,

good to see that checkpoint are going to release these models,
hopefully their design will be better/faster and the current Monster/P2K2.

do you have a idea when this will be released?
Rod M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:23 PM   #66
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

They met with ROAR officials? The rules are a copy of the IFMAR rules pretty much with a few differences.......when did this meeting take place?

Later EddieO
Old 07-14-2005, 09:30 PM   #67
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
The anodizing is one thing that makes the V2 motors work with an aluminum endbell and not short it out.
hummmm maybe thats why my 19t v2element motor is so slow. Because the endbell is not anodized

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:53 PM   #68
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to josh69162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
We need Novice..., Stock, 19 turn, and Mod in touring car. And I dont think there is a need for a stock national champ unless they limit the sponsorship level of the drivers. And if you make an A at any stock National, you should no longer be allowed to enter Stock Nationals ever again.
I think making the A ONCE in a Stock race at a National level, then being bumped up is rediculous. That means every year the skill level of the Stock class will get lower and lower. Pretty soon, it may become a Novice class itself. I think it would be much more practical to require them to move up every three times. Because what about the guy that came in last in the A? Do you really think he's ready to be moved up to mod so soon? If you look at the time differences, most of the time there is a lap or two difference between first and last place. I think it would be better off that if you win an A, then you get bumped up. From then on, maybe top five have two more seasons left before they are required to be bumped up? This way, you'll have a more equal flow of drivers coming in, and drivers leaving. Imagine how small the class would be if 10 drivers left each year? It also allows the other drivers ample time to get their skills up.
-Josh
josh69162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:58 PM   #69
Tech Regular

My personal opinion is that stock has gotten way too fast. A stock motor should have a full stack armature, old style stand up brushes(not laydown). This is a motor designed to be used to learn driving skill, not how to go fast. Now that 19 turn is slowly being more and more prodominate, it should be the amature step for racing.
Newbie = stock(motor described above)
Amature = 19 turn
Pro = Mod (any wind)

But of coarse this is only my opinion.
T. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:15 PM   #70
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh69162
I think making the A ONCE in a Stock race at a National level, then being bumped up is rediculous. That means every year the skill level of the Stock class will get lower and lower. Pretty soon, it may become a Novice class itself. I think it would be much more practical to require them to move up every three times. Because what about the guy that came in last in the A? Do you really think he's ready to be moved up to mod so soon? If you look at the time differences, most of the time there is a lap or two difference between first and last place. I think it would be better off that if you win an A, then you get bumped up. From then on, maybe top five have two more seasons left before they are required to be bumped up? This way, you'll have a more equal flow of drivers coming in, and drivers leaving. Imagine how small the class would be if 10 drivers left each year? It also allows the other drivers ample time to get their skills up.
-Josh
I sure hope we attract more than 10 new racers a year or this sport would have been dead a long time ago. The guys that make the A main in stock AT A NATIONAL EVENT I believe are ready to go to mod, or at least will be ready by the time the next nationals roll around.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:49 PM   #71
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to josh69162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
I sure hope we attract more than 10 new racers a year or this sport would have been dead a long time ago.
I know we attract at least 10 racers a year, but is it that many at the National level? I do believe we should force them to move up, but to move up everyone in the A-Main is a bit extreme. I think top five would be the best number.
-Josh
josh69162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:45 PM   #72
Tech Legend

It funny how racer`s today think stk is best suited for newbie`s or the begginer...

When the very first stk motor`s approved by Roar (1987 i think) came out, everyone was told it was about the racer`s having the same power & speed .....
Nothing bout how good you should be or how experience you were.
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:01 AM   #73
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

Why don't they just re-vamp our stock motors....Make them lighter....Use magnesieum for the cans instead of steel.....Use the same endbell....but make it machined out of aluminum to displace more heat. Machine a motor can that has cooling fins as part of the can....or machine scoops into the cooling vents.

The part where the wire wraps on the arm....make it thinner so less wire is used. Or use flat wire....why can't we have flat wire stock motors??

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:10 AM   #74
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiaracers
Why don't they just re-vamp our stock motors....Make them lighter....Use magnesieum for the cans instead of steel.....Use the same endbell....but make it machined out of aluminum to displace more heat. Machine a motor can that has cooling fins as part of the can....or machine scoops into the cooling vents.

The part where the wire wraps on the arm....make it thinner so less wire is used. Or use flat wire....why can't we have flat wire stock motors??

I think Magnisium doesn't have magnetic properties and willl not work on a motor....A motor need somesort of magnetic field to work.And a steel can give that kind of properties.

All the things mention are very expensive specially magnesium.Would'nt want to make a stocker that cost $100?!
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:44 AM   #75
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

Yeah....but magnesieum doesn't weight nothin!!

What about 3 magnets?....we have 3 poles....why not a third magnet. Make them smaller and evenly space them. The efficiency would go up...

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote