R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Regional Moderator

Default Good lipo chargers?

Sorry, I know youre probably thinking, "not another charger thread". Im still kind of new to the lipos and want to know whats out there and what you guys are using thats good.

Now Im using a dynamite charger and seperate balancer. Looking for one with a built in balancer(heard theyre better), lipo discharge, and AC power(made the mistake of buying a charger that only had DC connectors once).
nitrous36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You'll get a lot more bang for the buck if you use a dc charger and just get a power supply.

I personally love my trakpower vr1 dual channel, it has a very good channel 1 charger (20a) and and simple channel 2 charger (5a). Built in balancer, graphs and charts to keep track of every battery you own, can charge any type, and to me is great looking charger that has performed flawlessly and has been able to balance older lipo's that my ICE couldn't get within .5

There are rumors floating around that trakpower will be releasing an update for it soon that will make ch1 more user friendly for the not so techy and giving more options to ch2.
Durango Dex210--Futaba--Trakpower--Tacon 8.5
VenturaDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

I have a Thunder Power 610 AC/DC balance charger and it's been one of the very best chargers I have ever used and recommend you give it a look.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
I have a Thunder Power 610 AC/DC balance charger and it's been one of the very best chargers I have ever used and recommend you give it a look.

Hmmmm doesnt look bad either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenturaDC View Post
You'll get a lot more bang for the buck if you use a dc charger and just get a power supply.

I personally love my trakpower vr1 dual channel, it has a very good channel 1 charger (20a) and and simple channel 2 charger (5a). Built in balancer, graphs and charts to keep track of every battery you own, can charge any type, and to me is great looking charger that has performed flawlessly and has been able to balance older lipo's that my ICE couldn't get within .5

Nice, like the black. How well has the display held up for you? Also how much was the power supply?
nitrous36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

from a design aspect the Elangears charger has always come up at the proper voltage. fairly easy to use.
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Haven't had a single issue with the display and its very clear and easy to read even when I race outdoors. I don't charge over 10amps so I just went with the ofna 10amp power supply was about $30 when I bought it 4 years ago, I regularly take it to 12amps running 10 on ch1 and 2 on ch2 (for my remote) and its never had an issue, and I use it almost daily (for my helis)

The matching 25amp trakpower power supply that the charger docks on seems sweet I just haven't had the need to upgrade yet.
Durango Dex210--Futaba--Trakpower--Tacon 8.5
VenturaDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I use the Thunder Power 610 AC/DC balance charger! I like it a lot and Thunder Power support is A+
Mugen MBX7T ECO (Truggy)
SMC, Max Amps, LRP, Poseidon Motors, Cordova Research Motors, Xceed.
Evo 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:44 AM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenturaDC View Post

There are rumors floating around that trakpower will be releasing an update for it soon that will make ch1 more user friendly for the not so techy and giving more options to ch2.
+1
Have to say I love the IR reading as it charging and discharrging..
Mr RCTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:22 AM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I have the trak power vr1 and matching power supply and its nice and tidy. It's a great charger with 20a on one side and 6a on the other. I also just bought the icharger 308 and love it. Its capable of charging two batteries at 30a each simultaneously. I charge at 14a and they are done on under 10 min completely balanced. The 308 also gives you imediate IR at the push of a button which is great for weeding out old packs. The menu is simple and very easy to use. Also a great price for the powerhouse and small size.

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14

Last edited by Jerz616; 12-16-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz616 View Post
I the trak power vr1 and matching power supply and its nice and tidy. It's a great charger with 20a on one side and 6a on the other. I also just bought the icharger 308 and love it. Its capable of charging to batteries at 30a each simultaneously. I charge at 14a and they are done on under 10 min completely balanced. The 308 also gives you imediate IR at the push of a button which is great for weeding out old packs. The menu is simple and very easy to use. Also a great price for the powerhouse and small size.
+1 After looking at the 308 duo and the 4010 its hard to look at any other charger the same. Fantastic interface, does a great job charging (both quickly and consistantly). Like a radio, buy great once and be done with it.
mkiiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #11
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to JiuHaWong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiiina View Post
+1 After looking at the 308 duo and the 4010 its hard to look at any other charger the same. Fantastic interface, does a great job charging (both quickly and consistantly). Like a radio, buy great once and be done with it.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:48 PM   #12
Tech Rookie

Hi, i just started with this hobby, so pardon me if the question kinda really basic..
What is AC & DC means? Im currently in searching for charger, on my list now is elangears mini ac/dc. Is it good enough for my lipo 7500mah 90c 2s?
Not planning to get a power supply now as i just started, n not really looking for a high end charger.
Pls help tq in advance.
FZainol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:43 PM   #13
Tech Adept

I am using this...

[IMG][/IMG]
howardshum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:49 PM   #14
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZainol View Post
Hi, i just started with this hobby, so pardon me if the question kinda really basic..
What is AC & DC means? Im currently in searching for charger, on my list now is elangears mini ac/dc. Is it good enough for my lipo 7500mah 90c 2s?
Not planning to get a power supply now as i just started, n not really looking for a high end charger.
Pls help tq in advance.
Please see below...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I holp I can help you.
howardshum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:09 PM   #15
Tech Rookie

Tq so much for ur help howard.
So AC is a direct power we get from the normal plug point at our house while DC is a power from power supply is it?
Sorry still blur...
If i plan to get those elan mini acdc charger but without any power supply, i still can charge my 7500mah battery rite?
FZainol is offline   Reply With Quote