R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2014, 11:17 PM   #16
Tech Adept
 
howardshum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZainol View Post
Tq so much for ur help howard.
So AC is a direct power we get from the normal plug point at our house while DC is a power from power supply is it?
Sorry still blur...
If i plan to get those elan mini acdc charger but without any power supply, i still can charge my 7500mah battery rite?
I think you better have power supply since some charger have internal AC to DC convert or and no need to use power supply.

Any people can comment since I also a new guy.
howardshum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:24 PM   #17
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardshum View Post
I think you better have power supply since some charger have internal AC to DC convert or and no need to use power supply.

Any people can comment since I also a new guy.
Thanks. Thats y i mention about the elangears mini acdc charger, i plan to get 1 of those, but have no idea whether it will work without power supply..
FZainol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:15 AM   #18
Tech Regular
 
xevias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Shanghai, PRC
Posts: 348
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

AC = plug into wall outlet
DC = connect to car battery or power supply
AC/DC = pretty good rock music if you're over 40
xevias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:47 AM   #19
Tech Elite
 
B00t13g's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I have been incredibly impressed with my élan r x2, I can't see myself going to any other charger after using mine.
__________________
Mackenzie Meyercord
Rc America, Xray, MOTIV, Avid, Team EAM, Apex Rc Pro Shop, Pro Spec USA, Sanwa, RSD
B00t13g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:03 AM   #20
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,059
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

What rules are you limited by.

We have max charge rate of 1C and 4.2V maximum voltage per cell.

Plenty of low power chargers with built in balancers (nice and compact) cost effective and will do the job.

I use an older model icharger for my heli and plane packs, more expensive but a top quality charger. I can charge 2 packs at once at a charge rate of 2C with adaptor plugs but the balancer is external.
frozenpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:21 AM   #21
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
I have been incredibly impressed with my élan r x2, I can't see myself going to any other charger after using mine.
+1
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:36 AM   #22
Bar
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 484
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Things I have noticed from using different chargers is the time it actually takes to balance charge a battery, using the same settings. I have used a £50 charger and it seemed to take and age to recharge after a race, then I switched to a thunder power charger and saved half an hour using the same settings. I used the thunder power charger TP610C AC/DC all last year along with a lot of the guys I race with. It is a very good charger especially for the money, does everything you need. I have since purchased a £140 icharger after reading up on them on here, and my brother also used one all year. This has also took another 10 mins off charging time when using the same settings.
__________________
Luke Burr
Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:41 AM   #23
Tech Champion
 
ThePanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,066
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar View Post
Things I have noticed from using different chargers is the time it actually takes to balance charge a battery, using the same settings. I have used a £50 charger and it seemed to take and age to recharge after a race, then I switched to a thunder power charger and saved half an hour using the same settings. I used the thunder power charger TP610C AC/DC all last year along with a lot of the guys I race with. It is a very good charger especially for the money, does everything you need. I have since purchased a £140 icharger after reading up on them on here, and my brother also used one all year. This has also took another 10 mins off charging time when using the same settings.
Some of thatisdue to balance charging. Most chargers balance charge at around .25 amps balance, which takes a long time. Others can charger faster, or discharge cells, then charge again.
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:29 AM   #24
Bar
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 484
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePanda View Post
Some of thatisdue to balance charging. Most chargers balance charge at around .25 amps balance, which takes a long time. Others can charger faster, or discharge cells, then charge again.
I notice some chargers seem to hang for ages when getting up to the required charging rate when balancing
__________________
Luke Burr

Last edited by Bar; 01-17-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:19 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net