R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default New to Hobby with Questions

I recently purchased an Exceed Drift King 1/10. I have a few question in regards to this product for add ons. With the car it came with the hard plastic tires. I would like to get direction towards a good rubber tire i can use for times of wanting the grip for speed. Also, when buying tires, what am i looking at in size. Currently this car has 24mm tires on it, however all the other 1/10 tires and wheels i see are 26mm. Is this the correct size to use? My next question is on the Sky Lipo battery. I have heard that these work great with this model, but would like feed back and if anyone knows which size the Drift King supports. Thanks in advance for any and all info given to better transition me into this hobby.
ccobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccobb View Post
I recently purchased an Exceed Drift King 1/10. I have a few question in regards to this product for add ons. With the car it came with the hard plastic tires. I would like to get direction towards a good rubber tire i can use for times of wanting the grip for speed. Also, when buying tires, what am i looking at in size. Currently this car has 24mm tires on it, however all the other 1/10 tires and wheels i see are 26mm. Is this the correct size to use? My next question is on the Sky Lipo battery. I have heard that these work great with this model, but would like feed back and if anyone knows which size the Drift King supports. Thanks in advance for any and all info given to better transition me into this hobby.
Hpi makes a couple different tires to use called the xpattern. They are 26mm tires to use on their 26mm wheels. They should be fine on your car. As far as the lipo any hard case lipo should fit in your car.

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
Tech Regular

lots of rubber tires to choose from. as already suggested, HPI X-pattern are great for bashing/practice. they come in belted and non-belted.
26mm wheels should fit your car as I think 26mm wheels fit any full size 1/10 RC.
not familiar with the layout of your car, so check the manual to see what size batteries will fit. I know most cars are typically limited to what physical size they can fit because of either belts or top deck clearance.
wareagle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the info. Looks like I was able to find what I was looking for with your help!
ccobb is offline   Reply With Quote