Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HIROSAKA Matched Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 05:57 AM
Tech Addict

Default HIROSAKA Matched Batteries

Hello, has anybody used these before? Anyone have any input on em? Here is some information on them.
"6-cell Ni-MH battery precisely matched by Masaaki Hirosaka, who has achieved thousands of success at world championships and other international races as the best R/C car mechanic.
HIROSAKA MATCHED battery is totally different from other ones as follows.
- Sold as 6-cell hand soldered pack
Results are different with the data which was measured in every cell and the data measured when it is united. HIROSAKA MATCHED battery were measured when it is united.

- Every pack includes detail data sheet
Measured with 25A discharge Amps which is similar to the race run condition based on experience of Mr. Hirosaka.Matched status and overall quality of batteries are marked as "Matched" and "Total" out of 100.

- GP3300 Super330 1.2V 3300mAh 6-cell
- Soldered with Deans Prober3
- Matched and Zapped by Mr. Hirosaka"
Old 07-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

This is one of those.....if its good enought for Masami....its probably good enough for everyone....
Old 07-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

where can you buy his products. Is there anywhere online selling them?
Old 07-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

i saw em at muchmoreracing
i'm not sure check out their site. I'm guessing since its 25amp discharge, its not that good of a pack..
Old 07-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vi3tishduy
I'm guessing since its 25amp discharge, its not that good of a pack..
what does the discharge amperage have to do with how good the pack is?

the theory as i understand it is that 35amp discharge rates (such as smc i believe) are used to provide a tighter match between cells. it WILL NOT make individual cells better. and if 35 amps is better than 30, why isn't 40 better than 35? on the flip side, if the cells match differently at 35 amps then at 20amps, doesn't this mean that if you're not drawing 35amps consistently that the whole discharge curve (mAh out) in your vehicle might be off and your packs will need to be equalized?
Old 07-12-2005, 01:25 PM
R/C Tech Founder

A cell is a cell, so matching at 25, 30, or 35 amps will not change the cells themselves. It won't necessarily make a tighter match either, that is highly dependent on the process and how the cells are put together (voltage, runtime, IR, both, all three, etc). A higher discharge will definitely bring the numbers down to Earth, though, and all else being equal, it should be a more realistic match from cell to cell.

One of the ideas behind a higher amperage is you are more accurately simulating the load placed on a pack during a race, so you get a more realistic vision of the voltage, runtime, and so on. You could also make the argument that it helps to condition the cells to what they will experience on the track.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

ic ic.. thanks for the post guys, I think I might buy one of these babies.. if not get another SMC pack but, idk where to buy em for a good price/assembled. Towerhobbies no, speedtech no either..
Old 07-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Schumacher USA can import these batteries. We haven't to date becuase they are extraordinarily expensive. The retail price of a top team level pack from Fusion is less than it costs to us to import one Hirosaka pack . The top of the line packs should sell for around $200 but we know that is completely unrealistic. If anyone were to order them we would sell them for $149.99 per pack...thats our best direct price.

Note that everything Masaki Hirosaka sells is super expensive.

Hand Built HPI Pro 4 - $1499.99
Pinions - $15.75 ea.
Spur Gears - $21.99 ea.

We have the pinions and spurs in stock, and yes, people are buying them.

Last edited by AdrianM; 07-12-2005 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Plus from what I've read isn't the whole pack once its soldered (for you) also matched...I read a small article that Hirosaka mathces each cell than makes the perfect pack....one that has the best of the best...But still....I probably would vent one of those sweet cells first charge in...LOL
But as for pinions and spur I heard they are tops as far as quality and gear mesh are conserned...
-These comments are only from what I have read...not personal experience...
LOL
-Shookie <><

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Schumacher USA can import these batteries. We haven't to date becuase they are extraordinarily expensive. The retail price of a top team level pack from Fusion is less than it costs to us to import one Hirosaka pack . The top of the line packs should sell for around $200 but we know that is completely unrealistic. If anyone were to order them we would sell them for $149.99 per pack...thats our best direct price.

Note that everything Masaki Hirosaka sells is super expensive.

Hand Built HPI Pro 4 - $1499.99
Pinions - $15.75 ea.
Spur Gears - $21.99 ea.

We have the pinions and spurs in stock, and yes, people are buying them.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

Default rofl

sign me up for 2 hand built pro 4s WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF..........

1499.00 ??????????

how much does crack cost in japan these days ???