Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
TurboThirty T-flex Question..... >

TurboThirty T-flex Question.....

TurboThirty T-flex Question.....

Old 07-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Default TurboThirty T-flex Question.....

I have a Turbo30 Turboflex 9-button, software version 4.5. I'm doing an automatic cycle for a Sanyo 3000 for 1 charge/discharge cycle. I got an error message >>>> Volts Too Hi <<<< after the first charge cycle after it peak at 6.30 volts and it wont let me do anything else. The same happens to my 2 other packs. What can I do to fix this? I don't get this whenever I'm doing GP3300. I have the following configurations setup:

Cut Off 3.60 4 cell
Pk Detect .03
Charge Amp 6.0
Dischrg Amp 30
Delay 15 seconds

Thanx

Henry E.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You can try to set the delay after it peaks before you start the discharge so it’s longer and the packs voltage will come down a little before it starts the discharge part of the cycle. With the old software in the 30 you will get this message when ever you try to cycle out packs that have a really high peak voltage. You need to get it upgraded and you won’t have this issue. Last I knew it was like 150 bucks to get it updated to a 35 and add a backlit screen. But with the old 30 that you have you will get this message all the time with packs that peak out with very high voltage...mainly older type packs that have a ton of IR will peak out high. All you really can do is extend the delay after they peak so the packs voltage will come down some but even then it might not work. You can also try and fool the charger by taking the little leads off as soon as it peaks and then a little bit into the discharge re-connect them....this works but it might change your numbers if you’re really worried about the numbers.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Thanx for the reply. According to CE website. 4.5 version is the last/latest update of the software so far and there wont be anymore upgrade. I will try to change the delay as you said and I will post result. It will have to be tommorow coz I just discharge them right now. I will give it at least 24 hours rest. I also send an email to CE support but have yet to get a response. Once again, thanx

Henry E.