R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   HPI Pro4 vs HotBodies TCX vs TCXX (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/776458-hpi-pro4-vs-hotbodies-tcx-vs-tcxx.html)

wolf16731 12-04-2013 03:28 PM

HPI Pro4 vs HotBodies TCX vs TCXX

Soon I am looking to get into club racing for 1/10 sedan. Unfortunately, I do not know how the different models out there stack up to each other. Being a big HPI/HB fan, I would like to use one of those three options. (HPI Pro4, HB TCX, HB TCXX)

This will be indoor carpet racing, not a very large track and most likely very tight corners with a few technical switchback sections. The motor limit is a 13.5T motor limit and if it matters, I will be using a Tekin RS 13.5T setup.

I would like to use a belt driven setup, but I'm open to shaft drive as well. Also, if there are better options out there compared to the three I have mentioned, I would also like to hear about those as well.

Basically, what I am looking for is what the current thoughts as far as pros and cons of these vehicles from experienced racers are. Any info that can be given is highly appreciated. Thank you!

-Chase

oeoeo327 12-04-2013 06:02 PM

If you're going to stick with the HB/HPI cars, I'd go with the TCXX. Current models tend to have the largest following, and the best factory/aftermarket parts support.

CraigMBA 12-04-2013 06:38 PM

The C hubs on those cars are really fragile. Given the choices, I'd be inclined to use a tcxx with a gear diff in front.

And keep like four sets of c hubs as spares at all times.

theproffesor 12-04-2013 07:18 PM

I ran a pro 4 for the last year and it was a great car. Never actualy broke a hub. I did break arms until I got rid of the carbon hb arms and went with the hpi high tration arms. Material is softer. It has fewer shock mounting holes but i like the trade off. Same with c hubs and spindles. Get the plastic not carbon options. As far as tunabilty all 3 share the same geometry (unless you run the lp shock towers on the tcx/tcxx. With the motor your using a gear diff would prob be a better choice unless you are experienced at buildi g and tuning a ball diff. The pro 4 has a ball diff only, the tcx has a ball diff but can run the tcxx gear diff. The tcxx has a gear. Also the pro 4 is extreamly hard to find some parts like bulkheads and inner camber blocks if you need them. In wll honesty I really liked my HB stuff but I felt it was time to move on. Product support is still a bit sketchy with HB and I really dont like not having parts availabilty. It gets really annoying with VTA tires.

Juan Aveytia 12-04-2013 08:06 PM

I have a like new tcxx that's only been raced (3) times. I want 350+shipping. If interested email me. And I can send pics to you. [email protected]