R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Best Front Downforce Body? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/77602-best-front-downforce-body.html)

dmayhew25 07-11-2005 08:41 AM

Best Front Downforce Body?
 
Was wondering what body was going to be the best for providing my car with more front grip? I currently run the Dodge Stratus 2.0 and also have a Alfa but haven't run that one. Thanks in advance.

polesitter61 07-11-2005 10:20 AM

I love my RIDE MKII, it seems to give me the most steering of any body I have, even the Mazda 6.

Soviet 07-11-2005 11:35 AM


Originally Posted by dmayhew25
Was wondering what body was going to be the best for providing my car with more front grip? I currently run the Dodge Stratus 2.0 and also have a Alfa but haven't run that one. Thanks in advance.

The body that reduces your front spring rate

or

The body that reduces your front oil's viscosity

or

The body that increases positive caster on your front wheels

or, last but not least

The body that puts your front wheels at -1.5 camber and your rears at -1.0.



Sorry, but I was lurking..... ;)

AdrianM 07-11-2005 11:43 AM


Originally Posted by polesitter61
I love my RIDE MKII, it seems to give me the most steering of any body I have, even the Mazda 6.

Yup, Ride MKII then the Mazda 6 and Status 3.0AP.

stormperson 07-11-2005 11:43 AM

The AP stratus 3.0 has alot of front grip, however on anything from meduim bite carpet and above traction wise I would be weary of using it since it screws the front end of the car into the ground, robbing corner speed and boggin down the car. The mazda 6 has alot of front end grip, however i have always found it to be really twichy and then as soon as it starts to turn, push really bad from the center to exit of the corner.

For meduim to high bite carpet the parma alfa is the body you want, with alot of very smooth easy to drive steering.

AdrianM 07-11-2005 11:53 AM

I think dmayhew25 is running on asphalt. It doesn't sound like a carpet question unless he runs rubber tires.

Like you said the Parma Alfa is the only body to run with foam tires. With rubber tires on Asphalt or Carpet the Ride, 6, 3.0AP would be better.

Matteucci 07-11-2005 12:02 PM

Adrian, Who makes the "Ride" body?

raving-monkey 07-11-2005 12:05 PM

hmm...Ride :lol:

i think Speedtech stock them...i've been trying to get hold of a accord for ages but cna't find anyone in the UK that stocks them...i guess i will have to get one when i order from speedtech (soon hopefully :nod: )

Roberto Falcon 07-11-2005 12:09 PM

Best downforce body? hmm I think its the cadi

Rody 07-11-2005 12:13 PM


Originally Posted by Soviet
The body that reduces your front spring rate

or

The body that reduces your front oil's viscosity

or

The body that increases positive caster on your front wheels

or, last but not least

The body that puts your front wheels at -1.5 camber and your rears at -1.0.



Sorry, but I was lurking..... ;)

Great answer! I agree 100%

edseb 07-11-2005 12:29 PM

If you're are just looking for front downforce, I'd look at the Yokomo Stratus Type E. It's twitchy as hell and not as stable as Protoform Stratus 3.0AP or Mazda 6, but if you need more steering...

axel 07-11-2005 12:35 PM

i raced a mazda 6 for most my racing time...and i just switched to the stratus 3.0 and i love it ...it's really stable. The mazda 6 is also a favorite of mine. The mazda 6 doesn't really need explanation at this point it's already well known to work well on ashplat.

Randy Caster 07-11-2005 01:30 PM


Originally Posted by edseb
If you're are just looking for front downforce, I'd look at the Yokomo Stratus Type E. It's twitchy as hell and not as stable as Protoform Stratus 3.0AP or Mazda 6, but if you need more steering...

:nod:

fatbear 07-11-2005 01:42 PM

Which body shell would you guys use for foam tires on ashfelt? Stick with the Parma Alfa or go to one of the good rubber tire body shells. I must point out this is foams on ashfelt with absolutely no additive allowed.


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:15 PM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.6
Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net