R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Ordered. Can't wait to try it
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #17
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ordered Monday and thought I was getting shipping info today but it was an email mentioning whats bellow. Its posted on the PF site down at the bottom. I missed it before ordering...

Quote:
The #1536 Mazda6 GX is awaiting homologation from EFRA and does not yet have the EFRA # engraved in to the body. We expect to receive this number shortly and will post an announcement once the process is completed.
Kody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody View Post
Ordered Monday and thought I was getting shipping info today but it was an email mentioning whats bellow. Its posted on the PF site down at the bottom. I missed it before ordering...
Hey Kody, we will still fill your order right away if you reply that you are aware they will come without the EFRA #, which wouldn't affect any races here in North America.

Let me explain the strange situation that we're in: EFRA needs production body samples in order to approve it give us their official EFRA #. They also require this # to be engraved into the mold. Many European distributors have put their body orders on hold until this number is recieved (Domestic orders are being filled). Customers, domestic or international, who want the new body asap can order from our website, but we are just sending out these extra emails to ensure the customer is aware that since the # is not yet received/engraved into the mold, these bodies will not be legal for EFRA competition. ROAR officials also have samples in hand and we are awaiting their approval as well.

Phew. What an ordeal, eh?
Old 12-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Eric, can you tell me when Australian distributors will be getting this?
jonston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonston View Post
Eric, can you tell me when Australian distributors will be getting this?
When the EFRA stamp is on them

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

The body looks great! The treatment of the front outer air vents is handled with just the right amount of flair. I'm excited to paint one of these.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #22
Tech Adept

Default Deeply disapointed

Hi

Just what to share a very bad history.

When the gx was released from Protoform I ordred 2 from Protoform directly , even that I knew that it proberbly would be taken in costum. Then the package got hold up in LA since the 13 dec. Yesterday it finally arrived at the danish post service. All contact to Protoform/proline was not very good , they kept saying that they had shipped the bodies out , not their problem. Well , I was lucky , not taken in costum , got it today and would have painted it this evening so I could test i in the xmas holiday. But again a BIG disapointment , the label on the bags says "mazda 6 gx" but it was a LTC-R. Damn what a schrew-up. Just want to tell this if anyone else was thinking ordreing directly from Protoform. I will NEVER ever ordre from them directly anymore.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsen-dk View Post
Hi

When the gx was released from Protoform I ordred 2 from Protoform directly , even that I knew that it proberbly would be taken in costum. Then the package got hold up in LA since the 13 dec. Yesterday it finally arrived at the danish post service. All contact to Protoform/proline was not very good , they kept saying that they had shipped the bodies out , not their problem. Well , I was lucky , not taken in costum , got it today and would have painted it this evening so I could test i in the xmas holiday. But again a BIG disapointment , the label on the bags says "mazda 6 gx" but it was a LTC-R. Damn what a schrew-up. Just want to tell this if anyone else was thinking ordreing directly from Protoform. I will NEVER ever ordre from them directly anymore.
Johnsen-DK, I sincerely apologize about this and I want to make it right. Shoot me a PM and I will get it taken care of.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #24
Tech Apprentice

Hi Eric,
Wen will be' available in Italy also?
Is this New Mazda raccomended for asphalt,carpet or both?
Thks
Pier
Pigiolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigiolino View Post
Hi Eric,
Wen will be' available in Italy also?
Is this New Mazda raccomended for asphalt,carpet or both?
Thks
Pier
Hi Pier,

I can confirm that the order to our Italian distributor left last week. The delay in shipping to Europe was due to the EFRA approval process, but now that that is taken care of they should be showing up at your local hobby shop in the next few weeks.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #26
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsen-dk View Post
Hi

Just go for one off the new BittyDesign`s Narḍ or MC10. They are REALLY great...!!!
See you....
KILDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

When are these expected in the hobby shops??? Would love to have one for Snowbirds..but need time to be able to get one to the painter.
imprsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

opps double post
imprsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme View Post
When are these expected in the hobby shops??? Would love to have one for Snowbirds..but need time to be able to get one to the painter.
I ordered directly through PF - received my shipment of 6GXs a few weeks ago. Wish I was smart enough to do that with the 71 Firebird VTA body a few months back.

BTW - my initial impressions of this shell are very favorable. Good balance of stability and steering, which allowed me to run very consistent laps.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Got 2 lightweight GX bodies at the painters as we speak
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote