R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2002, 12:57 PM   #31
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Well, I finually got round to running the GT7. Was using a 9x2, started with drive freq of 11khz which is the normal frequency I use on the Cyclone TC. The GT7 felt noticably smoother, not less punchy, but just smoother.....after finishing a pack of GP3300 it was "luke" warm to the touch which is quite good with outside temp of around 30deg C, some ESC come off the track ready to fry a egg!!

I also tried the 15khz and this made the car very linear...again, not bad at all. There are no real flat spots on the throttle curve.

Run time was pretty much the same...(I don't honestly believe remarks like "I got an extra 30s runtime!!...normally just means that the person wasn't driving as agressive!)....

All in all I am very happy with the GT7....well done Novak!!!!

Last edited by dtm; 09-07-2002 at 01:11 PM.
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 01:00 PM   #32
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

1 thing though...the little plastic clip to hold on the cap....its best to shoo glue this in place....I took a bump and the clip came flying off.....the cap was facing inside the car!!!! To put it back on you have to remove the ESC which is a bit of a pain...shoo glue should sort this out!

Last edited by dtm; 09-07-2002 at 01:12 PM.
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 11:25 AM   #33
Tech Addict
 
lonestar1127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Country of Wind
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

dtm....for the GT7 did u shorten the cap wire??
lonestar1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 12:18 PM   #34
RCTech Member #2
 
TSR6's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 5,951
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Boomer
sorry, not the ESC, but any word on their module for the M8??? The one that's in BK's radio. . .boy would that be nice!
The word I've been given is Late Nov, Early Dec.

-Troy
__________________
Troy
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 05:00 PM   #35
Moderator
 
StephenSobottka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 3,267
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka
Default

I love my gt7 i am on the smooth mod profile for stock and it still felt awesome. will switch over to stock for now.
__________________
~~Stephen Sobottka~~
SMC Racing
StephenSobottka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 02:14 AM   #36
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by lonestar1127
dtm....for the GT7 did u shorten the cap wire??
I couldn't be asked....I just mounted it on the other side of the ESC so the cap wires ran across and below the power wires!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 02:46 AM   #37
Tech Addict
 
lonestar1127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Country of Wind
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

thanx for yr reply.....
btw wat mode u using for yr 9x2??
lonestar1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 03:35 AM   #38
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Mode 2 gives plenty of punch and is also very smooth!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 03:52 AM   #39
Tech Addict
 
lonestar1127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Country of Wind
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

icic...i will try it out.....
thanx anyway
lonestar1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 04:20 AM   #40
Tech Champion
 
black-knight's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Out to lunch
Posts: 6,027
Default

Just a few notes on the GT7...

I drive for an importer of Novak and have been running the GT7 for a while now:

1. Brilliant speedo very smooth, great setup procedure.

2. Consider running two or three capacitors, when running Sub 10 winds in hot conditions, the capacitor can get too hot and fail...if the cap fails the speedo will overheat. A fellow racer of mine has melted a GT7 with a 6 turn, on a short track.

In the lower end of the throttle range the cap is charged and discharged, overworking the lower end of the throttle range works the cap hard.

When we contacted Novak they suggested the extra caps to help with cooling, the lastest batch of GT7 also have a large gauge wire connecting the capacitor.
__________________
Black-Knight - None shall pass!
www.nbhc.com.au - www.facebook.com/smaracing
black-knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 05:10 AM   #41
Moderator
 
StephenSobottka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 3,267
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka
Default

Thank you for the info Black-knight. I will be running hot ones today.
__________________
~~Stephen Sobottka~~
SMC Racing
StephenSobottka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 05:14 AM   #42
Tech Addict
 
lonestar1127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Country of Wind
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by black-knight
Just a few notes on the GT7...

I drive for an importer of Novak and have been running the GT7 for a while now:

1. Brilliant speedo very smooth, great setup procedure.

2. Consider running two or three capacitors, when running Sub 10 winds in hot conditions, the capacitor can get too hot and fail...if the cap fails the speedo will overheat. A fellow racer of mine has melted a GT7 with a 6 turn, on a short track.

In the lower end of the throttle range the cap is charged and discharged, overworking the lower end of the throttle range works the cap hard.

When we contacted Novak they suggested the extra caps to help with cooling, the lastest batch of GT7 also have a large gauge wire connecting the capacitor.
black-knight... the extra capcitors is for the esc or motor?!?

lonestar1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 06:48 AM   #43
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: TrAsH_CaN
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
Well, I finually got round to running the GT7. Was using a 9x2, started with drive freq of 11khz which is the normal frequency I use on the Cyclone TC. The GT7 felt noticably smoother, not less punchy, but just smoother.....after finishing a pack of GP3300 it was "luke" warm to the touch which is quite good with outside temp of around 30deg C, some ESC come off the track ready to fry a egg!!

I also tried the 15khz and this made the car very linear...again, not bad at all. There are no real flat spots on the throttle curve.

Run time was pretty much the same...(I don't honestly believe remarks like "I got an extra 30s runtime!!...normally just means that the person wasn't driving as agressive!)....

All in all I am very happy with the GT7....well done Novak!!!!
what's the difference in selecting a higher freq range against a lower freq??does it has to do with more torque or smoother power band??
TIA
fReShJiVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 10:01 AM   #44
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,000
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by fReShJiVe
what's the difference in selecting a higher freq range against a lower freq??does it has to do with more torque or smoother power band??
TIA
The higher freq will be smoother on the throtle which will give a feeling of less punch because you have to pull the trigger more to get it up to speed...where running the lower freq will have a feeling of more bottom end punch which will get you up to speed quicker with less trigger pull.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 05:16 PM   #45
Tech Champion
 
black-knight's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Out to lunch
Posts: 6,027
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by lonestar1127
black-knight... the extra capcitors is for the esc or motor?!?


esc
__________________
Black-Knight - None shall pass!
www.nbhc.com.au - www.facebook.com/smaracing
black-knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
J Concepts BJ4WE CHEAP!!! NIP NOVAK 10.5 & Novak 4300 w/Sintered Rotor Zac R R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 02-13-2008 06:13 PM
LRP Sphere tc, Novak 13.5pro, Novak 10.5 pro, Novak 13mm rotor theisgroup R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 01-08-2008 11:21 AM
JR R1, Novak Smart Tray, Novak GTX, Futaba S9451, Hellfire stock motors, plus more yauipop Australia For Sale/Trade 7 08-27-2007 03:56 AM
For Sale Novak 3.5 brushless motor with Novak Heat sink $60.00 SHIPPED!!! Marcos.J R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 06-24-2007 08:29 PM
Rivergate RCD30, Novak Millenium Pros, XXX4G+, XXXTMF, lehner/novak BL Jman-x R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-14-2005 10:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:44 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net