R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 70
Default

the first tamiya was the mercedes clk gtr shell and the chassis was TA03R.

what do you mean the foams get chewed up? you mean they get thinner?

yes i did meet my local clubs but they run nitro 1/8 on a quite small track. I dont see anybody doing touring because they do speed runs.
catalzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:40 PM   #17
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Be sure of yourself, not confused, and get an Awesomatix A700 evo !!! It with handle all mod motors without worrying about debris on the track.....
If you're low on cash, pickup a tc4 tub chassis, and throw in a carbon driveshaft and LCD(#losa3344) drives to run mod motors.... Enough said ! Belt cars are way too messy !!!
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #18
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Here you go buddy, it's a beast:
Http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy-4Rm2v78I
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #19
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

And they say shaft can't handle mod speed !!! Give me a break !!!!
Here you go:
Http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MtrS_J0t7OQ
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #20
Tech Champion
 
ThePanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,066
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalzzy View Post
the first tamiya was the mercedes clk gtr shell and the chassis was TA03R.

what do you mean the foams get chewed up? you mean they get thinner?

yes i did meet my local clubs but they run nitro 1/8 on a quite small track. I dont see anybody doing touring because they do speed runs.
I mean they can get chunks ripped out of them. So you are turning, and the car gets bounced by a pebble, come back down, hit a crack wrong, chunk gone. stuff like that.

for foams you want a very smooth, flat surface with no debris. so on a brand new swept parking lot should be fine.
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #21
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,046
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

That's why they hold up great on carpet, but come apart on asphalt with any debris on it.

Sounds like you do want to race. And there are a ton of kits out there that are excellent performers. Including the Spec-R and the Sakura. Tons of things to consider starting with what has the best parts support, setup support, and what is easiest to use.
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #22
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 70
Default

thanks for the advice. seems rather intriguing to buy a belt drive. How is it spec r s1 is better than sakura xi or zero?

*off point* I have one 3.5t motor lrp x12 non-octa wind and what bearing size should i get and what kind of bearing is best? i think i lost the manual or something.
catalzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:30 AM   #23
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,054
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Get the Spec-R R1. Good luck!
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:44 AM   #24
Tech Regular
 
tak4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brunei
Posts: 292
Default

I've had really bad experience with the Sakura... this comes from a fan of the car who trekked it before it was release. Just look at who started the Sakura XI thread.

Here's a writeup i did which covers the Sakura a bit.

http://www.racereadyrcs.blogspot.com...d-history.html
__________________
Nova powered MP9 Tki3
Hobbywing powered Kyosho MP9e (Tki3)
Orion powered Xray T4'14
Driven with Sanwa M12
tak4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #25
Tech Elite
 
RED-LINE M03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: >>> USA <<<
Posts: 4,102
Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
And they say shaft can't handle mod speed !!! Give me a break !!!!
Here you go:
Http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MtrS_J0t7OQ


+1 💪😃👍
__________________
A battery pack a day keeps the stress away

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻💪😃👍🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
RED-LINE M03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:51 AM   #26
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 70
Default

would a 26mm front foam and 30 rear foam fit the spec r s1?

i have been seeing the hex hubs and they come in different size... what difference does it make if its little bit bigger? i thought the rims are compatible with standard hex hubs?

the solid axle front can be replaced with another gear diff and makes two gear diffs? and the parts from xray ranging from t1 to t4 2014 are compatible with spec r s1?
catalzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:11 AM   #27
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,696
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalzzy View Post
thanks for the advice. seems rather intriguing to buy a belt drive. How is it spec r s1 is better than sakura xi or zero?

*off point* I have one 3.5t motor lrp x12 non-octa wind and what bearing size should i get and what kind of bearing is best? i think i lost the manual or something.
The Spec-R S1 and Sakura Xi Sports are essentially the same car. There is not much different between either of them, and they are both equally as quick. I started with a S1 and now have 2 Pro Specs, I have friends i race with who have the Xi Ultimate and Sports and they all go well. Pick either one, you will be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalzzy View Post
would a 26mm front foam and 30 rear foam fit the spec r s1?

i have been seeing the hex hubs and they come in different size... what difference does it make if its little bit bigger? i thought the rims are compatible with standard hex hubs?

the solid axle front can be replaced with another gear diff and makes two gear diffs? and the parts from xray ranging from t1 to t4 2014 are compatible with spec r s1?
30mm foam will go on the rear, I race in a 10.5 foam on road class and use 30mm rears. Just change the shock mount positions and all is well. Yes you can replace the spool with another gear diff, I run gear diffs in the front of both my cars, as i do not like how the car rotates with a spool. Its just a feel thing for me.
RogerDaShrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:08 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net