Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
rx-8 to electric >

rx-8 to electric

rx-8 to electric

Old 11-20-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default rx-8 to electric

Getting ready to work on this rx-8 and converting to a brushless motor looking to use a tekin rx8 gen 2 esc, I'm building this to use as a drag car.
Now should I go with a 4s,5s,or a 6s? What company should I go with?
Also should I go with a 4030 or a 4038 motor also what kv?
Keep in mind I want max performance, and will only have short runs for its only drag racing, lots of time to cool off.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default speed run

HK is doing a contest on fast speed run and I recommend the Mamba Max Pro SCT edition because it is lighter. The RX8 is a very good esc but due to weight issues, I would prefer the MMP SCT. Handles up to 6S. now if you go higher then 6S you may consider using a helicopter esc for some insane 12S. I'm thinking about building a speedster drag to break the record. I believe the car that broke that record was a Custom Works direct drive dirt oval car converted, but I could be wrong.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for the info, will look into it. Not really looking to breakany speed records, this is more of drag racing in a parking lot where its pretty slippery, that's why I picked the x-ray rx-8, its all about acceration.