R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-07-2005, 07:21 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)
Default Top Motor Builders? 19T and 27T.

Just what the title says? What are the best motor builders out there for Stock and 19T motors? I am new to the sport but want to have the best power I can if I decide to go and race. Thanks in advance and websites or phone #'s would be greatly appreciated.

DM
www.davidmayhewindustries.com
dmayhew25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:22 PM   #2
Tech Elite

High Velocity-check in my signature

Now everybody else, go ahead and make your shameless advertisment plug
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:24 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

John Tag from eXpress motorsports... Visit the eXpress thread!! He's there to answer any questions you may have!

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:29 PM   #4
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilRuf
John Tag from eXpress motorsports... Visit the eXpress thread!! He's there to answer any questions you may have!
What Kilruf said. Each tuner has his own tuning techniques he likes to use. Tag has been doing some fast motors for Express.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:46 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

shameless plug
SOuthernFRIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:36 PM   #6
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

I'm not going to argue with anyone because there are plenty of good tuners out there, but let me ask just one question; Who has tuned the largest majority of A main motors in stock and 19t at national level races the last 2 years? You know it
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:40 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

This is all you need http://www.teameamotorsports.com/ "It's in the can"
Old 07-07-2005, 08:50 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think the question that David is asking is "who makes the fastest motors *that are publicly available*"...

Isn't it rather likely that the amazing motors that win races are given extra attention by the tuners for the big races? Perhaps they are the pick of the litter?

So... forget about the "who won what big race" thing unless they were racing with off-the-shelf motors... leaving the question "who sells the most consistently fast motors to the public". Right?

Does anyone have any *unbiased* input?

Last edited by Bob Nilsen; 07-08-2005 at 01:48 AM.
Bob Nilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:04 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'll put in my unbiased .02. I've used alot of different motors from alot of different builders/tuners. Every now and then I'd get a fantastic motor, but if you are looking for consistently ballistic motors give eXpress motorsports a try. I am NOT one of thier team drivers and get nothing from them that anyone else can't get, matter-of-fact, the last pack of matched cells I bought had better numbers than one of thier team members had just received.
With all that said, John Williams and Jon Tag, the battery and motor gurus are very easy to talk to and more than happy to help you out any way they can.

rD Squared-MW Designs-C and R racing

Final Thoughts RC club R.I.P.
killingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:15 PM   #10
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Hey Bob- I got some *unbiased* input for you-

Almost every national level race motor EA tuned to make the A was handout motors. In fact, I can't think of a race in the last 2 years that WASN'T a handout motor race, but I could be wrong.

So before you start making snide comments, you might wanna check you stats.

And yes, I pay for my motors and brushes. The only thing I get free is brushes and tuning at big races ( you know, the ones that have HANDOUT motors?)- not because I'm so fast, but because Eric doesn't want to hear me whine for the next 2 months...LOL
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:24 PM   #11
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

I'm fairly new to TC's but actually just won 1st place in the A Main at a local club race! This was a pretty awesome feeling and really gave me a lot of confidence. A few of the "club pros" were amazed that I ran so well coming from a 3rd place finish the week before. Needless to say the 3rd and 1st place finishes were both accomplished with EA Monsters. I had actually got my new Monsters the day before the race last week and then went out and took 1st! Funny thing was I ordered them and had them in my hand within 3 days. The motor that took me to 3rd was a couple months old and came out of my Off-Road T4 Truck. Needless to say I've been impressed to say the least. I've got a couple Orions, a Putnam, and several others but none seem to be as fast or consistent as the EA's!

Also as you can assume I'm a complete nobody and definitely don't get anything for free or any special treatment! I have emailed EA several times and asked a LOT of stupid questions and their always quick to respond.

Thanks EA!
Nitro-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:35 PM   #12
Tech Regular

Default EA Motors

David

Go here http://www.teameamotorsports.com/ea_home.html

He will also rebuild and retune your old motors for less than $10 a pop.

Are you racing go-karts this weekend? - I saw on TV where there is
a National event in Santa Maria.
Ducati-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:40 PM   #13
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogRacing

Almost every national level race motor EA tuned to make the A was handout motors....
Just so we're on the same page... at a handout race, racers are all given similar motors, then typically the racer or his motor tuner will tune the motor for top performance. Right?

All I'm saying is that how well a guy can tune a motor isn't necessarily any indication of how good the motors are with his label on it in the local hobby shop.

Perhaps there is some tuner out there that spends as much time and effort on every motor they make as they would in preparation for a top-level race... and I'd really like to know who they are... but I rather doubt that's the case with very many of the tuners out there.
Bob Nilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:59 PM   #14
Tech Adept

Quote:
Perhaps there is some tuner out there that spends as much time and effort on every motor they make as they would in preparation for a top-level race... and I'd really like to know who they are... but I rather doubt that's the case with very many of the tuners out there.
He is a pain in the patoot and some of your have told him to kiss-off in some of these threads. Two things things that come to mind;

I have watched him tune a motor, can you say three hours on one motor.

If it is known that someone has one of his stock motors at the track, it is immediately claimed if they race it! Claimed motors at the track are not allowed to be used after it is turned over to the claimant. Weird rule...?

Your guys loss!
Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 12:40 AM   #15
Tech Adept

this thread is abit of a waste of time i think??????

wouldnt it be very difficult to distinguish the fastest motors out there??
its like when there on the track.they will be in different cars with different gearing,and different handling,with differing skill levels of drivers??
surely these things must play apart in the theory???

im only sumising here!!!!!! im no fast driver or expert motor tuner!!!

i did buy a 19t c2 tuned motor from a reputable motor tuner(not advertised on this site i must add)
it seemed to be pretty quick and i did have the legs of many cars down the back straight
a friend who i raced with went and bought big jims(rip) black book and alignment bar and fiddle stick etc.
he spent many hours with a chamealon can tuning it following the book
religiously!!!
the results were amazing !! his car is the same as mine (also the gearing)
and his car just ripped right past mine down the back straight and many others
damn it hurt!!!!! even the fast guys at the club commented on the speed of his car!!!!
cheers gaz
gaz8 is offline   Reply With Quote