R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #31
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Stock is not as fast as the brushed mod class of old ! Maybe 19T, but that's it !!! I ran my 27T trinity monster stock vs the 17.5t guys, and passed alot of folks with my limited skills.... In better hands, my brushed Car would have made the top of the Bmain easily... I got third in the Cmain while still traction rolling... I never lacked speed down the straight or in the infield, just my setup and driving were off....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #32
Tech Addict
 
S.Stew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 661
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muahdib4 View Post
Sure thing...and onroad will continue to decline. Now I think it's easy to see why. Oh and America bashing will get you dropped...sorry, that's the way it is. So, nobody supports beginner classes and everyone is fine with vets sandbagging stock. Gotcha. I'll continue to do stuff that's fun and laugh as onroad dies.
__________________
- Steven Stewart -
S.Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #33
Tech Master
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,022
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by muahdib4 View Post
Don't think I said anything about banning anyone but you go there big guy. Just look at all the comments...no wonder nobody wants to come to the track. The idea seems to be...everyone should just realize they suck and get over it. They shouldn't have practice times or classes for new people...they should just suck it up and pull over so they get smoked. Yeah, that really fosters growth and friendships. Nice to see that attitude come out so readily with every one of you here. Really just proves my point. You all are the reason onroad is dying.
Your problem is you admittedly suck yet seem to think your progression is being held back by better drivers. If you aren't adept enough to slide over half a lane to let someone through you aren't even in the same universe of being competitive so drop the excuses. Perhaps a competition where the main concern is rolling your 4x4 down a dirt mound is a better fit? No fast guys on the course keeping you down.
Chaz955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #34
Tech Regular
 
scooby61's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Manassas Virginia
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Don't see onroad dying around here in fact its seeing a resurgence. Thanks to the advancement of electrics the main that killed it around here for a while was the noise complaints. I too have encountered the holier than thou attitude at larger events but my take is if you're soo much better and faster than me you should have no problem passing me clean. Most of the guys who freak out after an accident have no one to blame but themselves. They're toy cars you will crash and they will break. At my local track I've seen racers stop because they didn't pass with class, waiton the driver they spun to retake their position and continue the race looking for a clean pass. All comes down to respect for you're fellows. Show and you'll receive it. Do something obviously malicious and you paint a target on your car for the next heat.
scooby61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic
 
muahdib4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Raymore
Posts: 863
Send a message via Yahoo to muahdib4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Stew View Post
Wait...now you say that about my post but not the guy that said "A influx of overly sensitive pussies that expect anyone with an ounce of talent be banned to protect their fragile little egos does nothing to boost onroad either."? I guess, you're all in agreement then...new people just need to stay at home and out of the way. Gotcha.
__________________
KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers
Team Chucklenuts Racing
Midwest R/C Rally Confederation
KC/RC Drift Movement
muahdib4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #36
Tech Fanatic
 
muahdib4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Raymore
Posts: 863
Send a message via Yahoo to muahdib4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Your problem is you admittedly suck yet seem to think your progression is being held back by better drivers. If you aren't adept enough to slide over half a lane to let someone through you aren't even in the same universe of being competitive so drop the excuses. Perhaps a competition where the main concern is rolling your 4x4 down a dirt mound is a better fit? No fast guys on the course keeping you down.
Obviously you've never ran KOH/Ultra4...but hey, let's make fun of stuff we don't do to make ourselves feel better about ourselves, good show. Progression isn't held back by better drivers, it's held back by lack of practice opportunities and being forced to race with and expected to stay out of the way of...the faster racers. So, by your own comments here...you'd rather the noobs and slower guys stay at home or do something else. Once again showing the attitude that's so much a part of onroad it seems.
__________________
KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers
Team Chucklenuts Racing
Midwest R/C Rally Confederation
KC/RC Drift Movement
muahdib4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #37
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Jaz406
Default

Muahdib4 if I do recall you ran mini in onroad here in Kansas city correct?
Jaz406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #38
Tech Fanatic
 
muahdib4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Raymore
Posts: 863
Send a message via Yahoo to muahdib4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz406 View Post
Muahdib4 if I do recall you ran mini in onroad here in Kansas city correct?
Yep, though my issues were never with Fastlane or the guys there. There have been many other tracks in the last 10 years that have had some really bad attitudes and basically run off new or slower guys...just like these guys seem to support.
__________________
KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers
Team Chucklenuts Racing
Midwest R/C Rally Confederation
KC/RC Drift Movement
muahdib4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #39
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I am slower than the fast guys, but when I practice, they know to wait until I come Off, and when I come back to practice I wait until they're done... I get my practice, and so do they !!! They got tired of breaking when they hit my heavier cheap Car...lol... So we sort of agreed to practice that way until I get better...Too many newbies get intimidated by the pros, and don't communicate with them...
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #40
Tech Fanatic
 
muahdib4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Raymore
Posts: 863
Send a message via Yahoo to muahdib4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
I am slower than the fast guys, but when I practice, they know to wait until I come Off, and when I come back to practice I wait until they're done... I get my practice, and so do they !!! They got tired of breaking when they hit my heavier cheap Car...lol... So we sort of agreed to practice that way until I get better...Too many newbies get intimidated by the pros, and don't communicate with them...
That's constructive and everyone works together and gets to practice. Finally, someone with something to say other than "noobs need to stay out of the way" or calling people "overly sensitive pussies".
__________________
KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers
Team Chucklenuts Racing
Midwest R/C Rally Confederation
KC/RC Drift Movement
muahdib4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #41
Tech Addict
 
Phoenix82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 576
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Wow. This is such a touchy subject. But most poor driving is all about EGO, or just plain stupidity. As hard as it is not to run them off the track, You can either talk to them and teach them how racing works. Or just plain run around or over them..

JMO

Nick K
Phoenix82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #42
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Jaz406
Default

On road comes with its own specific challenges. I ran today for the first time in 6 months. I had been focusing on off road and enjoying it. I had a blast today and did not win, got lapped by faster guys and struggled with set up. It was enjoyable because I was out "doing it" i.e. wrenching trying changes and cleaning up my lines.

There is a narrower margin of error in on road. I have almost been in brawls on the off road drivers stand before because of an accident and the other guy takes offense. It all comes down to personalities not what type of car and tires you run.

Crawling is not a competition that takes place at the same time. It's a points system style of competition that is slower paced and does not complete on track at the same time you are always "qualifying" If you ever did get in an argument in a similar fashion as racing while crawling that would be pathetic.
Jaz406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #43
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

I went from 16 second fastlaps to 12.1 second fastlaps because of this agreement , and the pros don't mind me running with them anymore... I am still 1.5second per lap Off their pace though...lol...
Quote:
Originally Posted by muahdib4 View Post
That's constructive and everyone works together and gets to practice. Finally, someone with something to say other than "noobs need to stay out of the way" or calling people "overly sensitive pussies".
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #44
Tech Fanatic
 
muahdib4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Raymore
Posts: 863
Send a message via Yahoo to muahdib4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz406 View Post
On road comes with its own specific challenges. I ran today for the first time in 6 months. I had been focusing on off road and enjoying it. I had a blast today and did not win, got lapped by faster guys and struggled with set up. It was enjoyable because I was out "doing it" i.e. wrenching trying changes and cleaning up my lines.

There is a narrower margin of error in on road. I have almost been in brawls on the off road drivers stand before because of an accident and the other guy takes offense. It all comes down to personalities not what type of car and tires you run.

Crawling is not a competition that takes place at the same time. It's a points system style of competition that is slower paced and does not complete on track at the same time you are always "qualifying" If you ever did get in an argument in a similar fashion as racing while crawling that would be pathetic.
Some crawling is a points system. Come out and run Goat Hill. You may start a minute apart but it's still all about time and passing people while running through the woods has its own challenges too. Personalities do play a large part as you said and I get the feeling that many on this thread are not people I'd want to race with, though some seem to get it.
__________________
KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers
Team Chucklenuts Racing
Midwest R/C Rally Confederation
KC/RC Drift Movement
muahdib4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #45
Tech Elite
 
kewdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sneederville, USA
Posts: 3,311
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I would have to agree, that, track etiquette has been lacking in the on-road scene (particularly, Electric TC). You do have a lot of fast drivers who feel that they own the track, shouldn't have to wait for slower drivers, and will punt or plow thru them to pass. This isn't only happening in those faster driver heats, but within the slightly slower (a.k.a. B-main) heats, too. Just because you can run some fast laps, it doesn't mean you can do what you want to the other cars on the track. I also agree that communication is absolutely necessary on the driver's stand. Let someone know they are holding you up in qualifying or in the mains, when you've already lapped them. Ask them to let you pass. sometimes the other driver is focused on their race or run and aren't paying attention to the cars around them. Yes, we should all be aware of what's happening around us, on the track, but that's not always the case. Displaying patience goes a long way. Give another driver a couple of corners to move over for you. Inform him, that, you're there and allow for him to alter his driving line. Nine times out ten, the slower car will move over for you.

NOTE:It helps to have a race director who is following the action closely and calls out the traffic issues.

I always look to make clean passes on people. In fact, I love making clean passes on people. Its a display of great driving skills. I take pride in knowing, that, I outdrove the next guy. If, I take someone out, I stop - wait for them to regain position and then continue to race. This type of attitude isn't more prevalent because you have a lot racers who want to win at any and all cost and drive with an " I don't give a f&ck" attitude. This type of racing is only enjoyable to the person driving that way. Other racers get taken out, cars get broken or destroyed (depending on the severity of the take out) and people get upset. People are quick to be dismissive about these situations, by saying; "they're only toy cars". Well, truth be told, they're NOT toy cars. They're full blown racing machines, that, we sacrifice a lot of money, time and effort learning how to build, maintain and drive at a competitive level. So, who am I to think its ok to plow thru your car because I'm faster than you or want to get by you? Look, we all want to do well when we race. There just needs be a level of mutual respect out there to keep people enjoying racing and not deciding to do something else. I don't know about anyone else, but I can't race by myself.
__________________
Quinn Moon

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:56 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net