Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 07:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Put all the talking aside, where can we find Ryan ROAR winner setup sheet??
Old 09-19-2015, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Or mayb Kevin 13.5t winner setup sheet???
Old 09-19-2015, 08:09 AM
jpx
Tech Adept

For Ryans setup look two pages back.
Randy posted it - second post from the bottom.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Have had problems with breaking C-hubs and knuckles. I was going to go to TC5 C-hubs, but they will have to be modified to accommodate 6.2 DCVs. Went to Tuning Haus C-hubs, but I'm breaking knuckles now. Yes, I know that the best answer is to not hit things. Yes, I have already added the RSD wide front bumper. Will TC5 hubs work for me? Other (non-sarcastic) suggestions on improving durability?
Old 09-21-2015, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

TC5 C Hubs and sterring blocks are about the same durability wise. Have you cut down your axles flush with some low profile wheelnuts? This is the #1 reducer in breaking hubs and knuckles. On any brand of car.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I have. I'm running in USGT. I wonder if running 2mm offset wheels and 200mm bodies might help. The 24mm 0 offset wheels seem to make the wheel nut/axle more difficult to protect.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anything that can keep the wheel from snagging on the walls will help, so I think the offset should make it better. The wider track might change your driving characteristic a bit though, but perhaps you can mitigate some of that by narrowing the track of the car by running your inner hinge pins more inboard.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:37 PM
Tech Adept

Hi, TC6.2 noob here, just bought my very first touring car kit. Looks like a new one may come out soon as the price have dropped. Anyway, I haven't build mine yet, but just want to ask if there are known problems with the kit - like incorrect parts that came with the kit, missing parts, bad parts..etc - that I need to contact Associated to get replacement?

Any tips would also be nice too. Thanks
Old 09-24-2015, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by carrotcake
Hi, TC6.2 noob here, just bought my very first touring car kit. Looks like a new one may come out soon as the price have dropped. Anyway, I haven't build mine yet, but just want to ask if there are known problems with the kit - like incorrect parts that came with the kit, missing parts, bad parts..etc - that I need to contact Associated to get replacement?

Any tips would also be nice too. Thanks
Well; some people say there is too much slop at the front but I don't think it really affects performance that much. No missing or bad parts really.

The only thing I would do here is look at a different spring set; perhaps rsd is the best choice. Do you shock research, drilling holes in the cap etc. There is also a really good tip video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHJqOgI9xqY

Put 1000 or 2000wt oil in the rear, depending on track conditions.

Don't worry; its a really great car despite some of the criticisms, I'm hoping the TC7 which should come out soon will have parts that are interchangeable such as better arms; the pros were trying different things for better performance; I myself went with RSD arms which are far better but I am concerned with long term or any availability now.

Oh buy lots of C-hubs; they will break easier on this car.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=carrotcake;14195881]Hi, TC6.2 noob here, just bought my very first touring car kit. Looks like a new one may come out soon as the price have dropped. Anyway, I haven't build mine yet, but just want to ask if there are known problems with the kit - like incorrect parts that came with the kit, missing parts, bad parts..etc - that I need to contact Associated to get replacement?

Sorry; yes contact AE for any issues; they have fairly good customer service.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by irvinew
Well; some people say there is too much slop at the front but I don't think it really affects performance that much. No missing or bad parts really.

The only thing I would do here is look at a different spring set; perhaps rsd is the best choice. Do you shock research, drilling holes in the cap etc. There is also a really good tip video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHJqOgI9xqY

Put 1000 or 2000wt oil in the rear, depending on track conditions.

Don't worry; its a really great car despite some of the criticisms, I'm hoping the TC7 which should come out soon will have parts that are interchangeable such as better arms; the pros were trying different things for better performance; I myself went with RSD arms which are far better but I am concerned with long term or any availability now.

Oh buy lots of C-hubs; they will break easier on this car.
Great tips - Irvine Thanks a lot. Lots of C-hubs? okay. Can we go alum? A little loose at the front? hope it doesn't affect steering and suspension.

ah so this kit does have a lot of "flaws".....I didn't do enough research, my bad.......should've probably save my money for TC 7 . darn it........even the 6.2 is on sale now..........but I think we can never catch the "perfect" version of a car...technology and trends change it's impossible to find the best version. There will always be another version another new platform..TC 7, TC 8 , TC revamp to T something...and so forth.....I'll stick with my 6.2 for now.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

even the 6.2 is on sale now
Where is the TC6.2 on sale at?
Old 09-24-2015, 01:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussF
Where is the TC6.2 on sale at?
It was $419.99 last week on amain....not it looks like its $419.97

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...c30109/p271702
Old 09-24-2015, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Great tips - Irvine Thanks a lot. Lots of C-hubs? okay. Can we go alum? A little loose at the front? hope it doesn't affect steering and suspension.

ah so this kit does have a lot of "flaws".....I didn't do enough research, my bad.......should've probably save my money for TC 7 . darn it........even the 6.2 is on sale now..........but I think we can never catch the "perfect" version of a car...technology and trends change it's impossible to find the best version. There will always be another version another new platform..TC 7, TC 8 , TC revamp to T something...and so forth.....I'll stick with my 6.2 for now.
Funny thing in 2 years had to replace 1 part on my 6.2s bent a inner hing pin on front right side. I also took that advise and bought 2 packs each of arms chubs steering i believe they are gonna dry rot before i use them.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

I wouldn't say it has alot of flaws; everyone's precious expensive TRF419 leaks diff fluid for crying out loud. From the box it is quite competitive and better priced. The main item to look at getting better is the shocks. Good springs are crucial imo. If you work at setup theory then your ahead of the pack.

I wouldn't go aluminum; if the C-hub doesn't break then something else will; steering knuckles I hear. Go slow to go fast when your racing at first.

Getting a really good setup then perhaps look at other things if you think it will help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.