Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for all the additional ideas to check!!!

My maintenance of the car is very good, so loose screws are not a cause here. All the other ideas are worth a check, like the rubbing belt on the servo mount. Never thought of that...

Thanks again guys, very much appreciated
Old 05-12-2015, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wtcc
Thanks for all the additional ideas to check!!!

My maintenance of the car is very good, so loose screws are not a cause here. All the other ideas are worth a check, like the rubbing belt on the servo mount. Never thought of that...

Thanks again guys, very much appreciated
Not sure if this is the same sound but when I tried Drag break and the setting was too high; something made a noise; a high pitched sound. Motor maybe?
Old 05-12-2015, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

if you run the belts loose, and your drag brake is on the belts will make a sound as they slow down. They vibrate like a violin string.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:27 PM
N4S
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So a buddy and I just bought and built 2 TC6.2's purchased from different stores and both have the same rear toe issue. With the 1 center dot blocks on all 4 of the rear blocks the car should have -3* of rear toe. both kits have -3* on right rear and -4* on left rear anyone else come across this ? A search did not yield any answers. Thanks
Old 05-12-2015, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by N4S
So a buddy and I just bought and built 2 TC6.2's purchased from different stores and both have the same rear toe issue. With the 1 center dot blocks on all 4 of the rear blocks the car should have -3* of rear toe. both kits have -3* on right rear and -4* on left rear anyone else come across this ? A search did not yield any answers. Thanks
Check the inserts on the hub carriers to make sure they are all 0* inserts. It's possible the wrong inserts were used.

Look at the chassis to make sure the pivot mounting holes are symmetrical. It's possible you have a bad chassis batch but the insert issue is likely the culprit.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

Hello guys,

I have a serious noise problem with my 6.2. Everytime I brake into a hairpin after a straight the car make a horrible noise like the belt is sliding over the pulleys. It does it for several months now and I have no clue what causes it. Following a list of the things I tried and/or checked to (unsuccessfully) get rid of the noise:

- belt tension: with increasing the tension to a ridiculous level I could reduce the noise, but won't get rid of it completly. But so the drivetrain is very much unfree and I never needed this strong tension for my TC5, TC6, TC6.1, T4...,
- belts: checked and changed to new ones, no improvement,
- belt pulleys: all checked and changed for new ones, without success...,
- esc: when talking to Martin Hofer about this problem and having him driving and examining my car, he suggested to change the esc. Did it and had no noise change,
- ball bearings: checked and changed to new ones, no success...,
- I check the pinion/spur every run, no wear here.

My car is in a good condition and gets a full service regularly. I check the screws after every run and couldn't find any sign of wear that could be caused by the noise. I am now at a point where I don't know where to continue my search Any help or idea is appreciated!
Are you using ABS braking on your transmitter?
Old 05-13-2015, 09:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Old 05-13-2015, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by turtlehill
Are you using ABS braking on your transmitter?
Again thanks, but my anti lock brake mode is off (although I hoped it wasn't).
I just removed shims I had underneath the button heads of the servo mount screws, that indeed were close to the front belt. I am on track tomorrow. Man I hope I find the cause
Old 05-13-2015, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

I just removed shims I had underneath the button heads of the servo mount screws, that indeed were close to the front belt. I am on track tomorrow. Man I hope I find the cause
I had the same issue with the servo shims and washers sticking past the servo mount so I locked the servo in place and removed the mount from the chassis. I used a flat file to trim the washers and the servo mounting tab flush with the end of the servo mount.

Good luck with your testing.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by N4S
This is not completely out of the ordinary, most cars are like this, although 1 degree is a bit much. Typically mine were always about 0.5 degrees off, whether with one of our chassis or the AE Chassis, this is probably due to tolerances and the fact that the screws always are tightened in the same direction. This makes everything twist slightly to one side.

I would look at your rear toe inserts, make sure that you have matching ones side to side and that they are installed correctly.

If all else fails, you can always mix and match inserts until your rear toe is identical side to side. I have done this before and have not noticed a performance discrepancy. I have also run with rear toe slightly off by 1/2 degree and do not notice it one bit.

Kevin, on your belt issue, I have not read, but are you using a tensioner? Without one, it does not matter how much you tighten it, the belt will slack under load and cause chattering.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Oh! Now I remember I had a fantom chatter on my TC6.2 for a while, I tried everything and could not find it. What fixed it was a new model on my transmitter. For whatever reason, I guess the pots got screwed up and it was applying power strangely. Try that and see if it works, it did for me. And like you I tried replacing EVERYTHING in the car.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

This problem is just crazy

Never thought our simple cars could be this complicated.
I will try the transmitter idea tomorrow. If it does not work the belt tensioner will be my last try, Christian...
Thank you for the additional option
Old 05-14-2015, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

This problem is just crazy

Never thought our simple cars could be this complicated.
I will try the transmitter idea tomorrow. If it does not work the belt tensioner will be my last try, Christian...
Thank you for the additional option
Is it possible the CVA's are worn and in tight turns it sounds ugly; sorry you did mention hairpin turns. As my boss always says; if it aint easy your making it too hard; works for programming anyways.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

As I said before, this is no maintenance problem.
Nevertheless today the car made a noise improvement. It seems that the servomount screw shims were in the way of the front belt in heavy braking conditions. No more rattle noise

Thanks to YoDog for the hint

I would have never guessed it as there were no signs of rubbing and wear on the shim or belt...

Hahaha, a 0.00001cent part making me crazy xD
Old 05-14-2015, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Who are the factory drivers for AE? I haven't seen anyone racing the TC6.2.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.