Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well I have to say that I really like the level of help given by all on this thread. Its really great to see factory guys chiming in along with us regular everyday type racers. Its all valuable info and I have learned a lot. Big props to ViperZ for the outstanding pictures. You sure can make a car look super sexy !! Ohh I almost forgot.....a BIG hello to Martin Vann......do u remember me??
Old 03-13-2015, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Best thing about Team Associated...working with others to get the best performance possible out of our equipment, and making sure that information is shared not just with Team drivers, but everyone
Old 03-13-2015, 12:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamminjim
Well I have to say that I really like the level of help given by all on this thread. Its really great to see factory guys chiming in along with us regular everyday type racers. Its all valuable info and I have learned a lot. Big props to ViperZ for the outstanding pictures. You sure can make a car look super sexy !! Ohh I almost forgot.....a BIG hello to Martin Vann......do u remember me??
Thanks Jamminjim! I agree with the level of support from all people here... It's like a family team

Now about that new car.... I've been looking...
Old 03-13-2015, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I don't have an Associated and I read this thread for pointers/info. Good stuff...
Old 03-13-2015, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ViperZ
Depending on your Tx you can adjust or compensate for that.

Any guesses to when a new AE chassis/kit will be released?
I don't think we will see a new chassis/kit anytime soon. The 6.2 was a complete redesign as far as chassis/suspension. We might see some new parts.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Alright need some help as I'm new to onroad. I have my tc6.2 kit built and I'd like some options that people are using. Hopups, replacement parts, etc if possible.

So far I have:
belt tensioner
Carbon outer and inner shims
the double joint front axles
pit board
droop gauge
setup station

What else are u guys using or recommending? Spring kits also?
Old 03-13-2015, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

spares drive cups, and pin cushions for the front spool and c hubs and locktight the steering rack posts
Old 03-13-2015, 09:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Just switch the front outdrives out to the steel ones and you won't have to worry about replacing parts there in the future. My car has a lot of packs through it running only 4.5 motors and I'm still on the original set of steel outdrives and they show no wear.

Honestly you don't need many hopup parts to make the car good, it already comes pretty loaded out of the box. The only other thing you might want to do would be to check out what your local fast guys are running for shock springs/pistons/oil and switch over to that setup. HPI Silver springs are very popular for outdoors, while Yokomo Pink and Blue seems to be the favorite on carpet.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sweet thanks, I'll be racing at leisure hours raceway which is a very large outdoor asphalt track. I've looked for the hpi silvers and can't find em anywhere lol. Any other spring recommendations?
Old 03-13-2015, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jamminjim
jammin jim... didnt you move to the Vancouver island? whats with Edmonton??
if your the same dude i raced with about 20yrs ago, team losi buggies? along with terry, aron larson, rc steve etc? north vancouver home track?
sorry... dont remember you!
Old 03-14-2015, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
I don't think we will see a new chassis/kit anytime soon. The 6.2 was a complete redesign as far as chassis/suspension. We might see some new parts.
It just seemed all the top players were releasing '15 models. I'm in need of another chassis and was kind of holding out for a new AE release...

Originally Posted by JasonR/C
Alright need some help as I'm new to onroad. I have my tc6.2 kit built and I'd like some options that people are using. Hopups, replacement parts, etc if possible.

So far I have:
belt tensioner
Carbon outer and inner shims
the double joint front axles
pit board
droop gauge
setup station

What else are u guys using or recommending? Spring kits also?
Good start. I was running the Yokomo Pink springs in front and Blues in back. They worked well until an event where I changed over to AE Blues in front and greens in back. I've been running them since. It really depends on your conditions and how you want the car to respond. The Yoks are are good on high bite tracks, the current set up i'm using on med to low bite.

As Randy indicated, the steel spool outdrives are a good upgrade as well. I broke many of the plastic OEM ones, and a few sets of the AE Delrin aluminum capped ones, went to the steel, and have been good. Currently I'm using the Reflex Aluminum ones just to experiment, and they look great.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yuuuuuup its me Martin.........I'm that same guy. lol
Old 03-14-2015, 12:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi, I don't know but I have a different degrees angle of rear toe in!
On the left side 4 deg. while on the right side perfectly 3 deg. I have already changed everything both Alu and plastic parts. The car is new never used. Any advice to fix it?

Thank you
Old 03-14-2015, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

That is something I experienced with all my TC5 & TC6s. I ignored it for most of the time, but of course you can work against it with different inserts (outbord toe).
Old 03-14-2015, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

this rear toe looks off....
its two dots on the outside on each side
is that too much?
what are you guys running on concrete? no carpet

this is the same two dots on the outside on the front but it is far less agressive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.