Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car >

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Old 01-21-2015, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Haha Cal Raceway decided it wanted me to leave the front right on the track, saved me a few seconds of tear down though

Yep, getting it prepped for TQ! Rick and I will be up there sometime in the next couple weeks for practice and pretty sure we will both be at the regionals as well.
Ha ha. Had the same thing happen to my tc 6.2 last Sunday. Let me guess, coming off the sweeper, going wide and hitting the wall on the straight away? Broke my caster block and bent the dog bone. So I replace the front dog bones with tc5 dog bones because they are a bit thicker. Can't blame the car only my sportsmanship driving.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TC5Driven

Ha ha. Had the same thing happen to my tc 6.2 last Sunday. Let me guess, coming off the sweeper, going wide and hitting the wall on the straight away? Broke my caster block and bent the dog bone. So I replace the front dog bones with tc5 dog bones because they are a bit thicker. Can't blame the car only my sportsmanship driving.
Sounds like we hit the same spot, lol. I had the lead in the main with 2nd right behind me so I was just trying to run very tight lines and not give up a passing lane, drove up a hair high on the banking and upset the car a bit coming onto the straight and had contact with 2nd that sent me to the dreaded wall, lol.

I was running a 4.5 there and slammed pretty hard, only thing that broke was the caster block. I run the 31632 DCV front driveshafts, you should give them a shot, smoothes the car out and makes it easier to drive while carrying more corner speed because you don't have as much tire chatter at full lock. You'll also need a pack of 91156 bearings to make them fit. They held up fine to that hit though!
Old 01-21-2015, 11:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Nice preparation

Do you think the servo mount is enought strong without the two front screws ?

Fred
Old 01-22-2015, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sounds like we hit the same spot, lol. I had the lead in the main with 2nd right behind me so I was just trying to run very tight lines and not give up a passing lane, drove up a hair high on the banking and upset the car a bit coming onto the straight and had contact with 2nd that sent me to the dreaded wall, lol.

I was running a 4.5 there and slammed pretty hard, only thing that broke was the caster block. I run the 31632 DCV front driveshafts, you should give them a shot, smoothes the car out and makes it easier to drive while carrying more corner speed because you don't have as much tire chatter at full lock. You'll also need a pack of 91156 bearings to make them fit. They held up fine to that hit though!
Thanks for the advice, I will look into that.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:36 AM
jpx
Tech Adept

My 6.2 about to get torn down and rebuilt for the carpet track!

Hi Randy,
you made quite some big changes compared to to 6.2 out of the box.
What front arms did you use? TC5?
Caster blocks?
What rear arms (TC4?) and carriers did you use?
Which parts did you use for your servo mount and steering posts?
Could you also say a few words why you made those changes?

Thanks!

Last edited by jpx; 01-23-2015 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (70%+)

Time to start the build.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-22-2015, 10:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coolair
wondering if anybody uses the 6.2 in usgt class... and if the setup would change..
what class are you switching from...?

TC to USGT?...and what surface?...
Old 01-23-2015, 04:57 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

yes works excellent.
both the yellow and white and the all yellow cars in this vid are 6.2's rsd light wt sus yok springs same setup as I run in my sedan with the weight added
We do find if you use all the wt in the asc wt kit you will be really close to usgt legal and it will fit neatly on the chassis.
http://youtu.be/DMRa13W8-hs
Old 01-23-2015, 05:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

putting the fan in front of the motor is a better idea?
most people run it behind
Old 01-23-2015, 07:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coolair
wondering if anybody uses the 6.2 in usgt class... and if the setup would change..

Good Question? I may switch my TC6.2 to USGT from TC 17.5, or get another Chassis for it. Right now I have a TC6.1 that is set up for VTA, that I'm converting over to USGT, however the TC6.2 is so much better tuned to our indoor carpet track. I was just going to put the USGT spec tires on both cars and see which one responds the best, and go from there.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crusty
Don't think it matters that much as far as air flow. More chassis mounting surface area in front if you're using a big fan. Have to be using a shorty servo though. I have to add a ton of brass with a shorty, so I try and run a standard servo and that forces the fan to the back.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:00 AM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I used to have the fan in front of the motor but found that the back of the motor was so much warmer than the front. That is not good according to one of the motor tuner. When I have the fan blowing on the rear of the motor, the temperature of the front and the rear of the motor were nearly the same. That is why most people run it behind. The car feels like it had more power also.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by fredB
Nice preparation

Do you think the servo mount is enought strong without the two front screws ?

Fred
Definitely, it would take a real bad hit to bend or break the posts even with just being mounted to the chassis.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by jpx
Hi Randy,
you made quite some big changes compared to to 6.2 out of the box.
What front arms did you use? TC5?
Caster blocks?
What rear arms (TC4?) and carriers did you use?
Which parts did you use for your servo mount and steering posts?
Could you also say a few words why you made those changes?

Thanks!
It is a bit different from the kit but just more tuning options to choose from. The front arms and caster blocks are from the TC5. The rear arms are TC4 and the hub carriers are modified from the BD7. The servo mount and parts are all from the kit but I cut them down with a dremel. For my carpet rebuild I will be putting a brace across the top of my steering posts.

To be honest I haven't had a whole lot of track time on the 6.2 and this started out as just a duplicate of Steve Weiss' Reedy Race setup. His car looked amazing there so when I came over to AE I knew that's where I wanted to start.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The fan in front of the motor actually made a huge difference in temperature for me. At the Reedy Race my car started with the fan behind the motor, the car was coming off the track with the ESC at about 165* F and motor around 130* F. Joe Pillars advised me to try this setup out after they made the same change on Cavalieri's car. I made the change and was coming off the track with the ESC and motor both at about 130* F. Pretty huge difference on the ESC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.