Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car >

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Old 05-22-2015, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We at RSD came out with a different suspension geometry package a while back. The geometry on the TC6.2 is not quite right. If it were, the team guys would not be changing the parts over to what they are.

The AE mod is a little more complex as you have to re-drill the rear arms to mount a swaybar mount and I believe also to match hinge pin size. They are also using Yokomo rear hub carriers to match up with the TC4 rear arms.

Our conversion is a little more straight forward and more plug and play. Our geometry (click on the link to the left) mimics the Yokomo's more closely, especially in the front. The results are more predictable handling, better mid corner rotation and more overall bite. Additionally slop is drastically reduced and durability goes way up.

Many people will say "I'm not good enough for it to make a difference". This is not the correct train of though. An easier car to drive will make you a better driver.

The swaybars are changed because they are easier to set up and the feel is more consistent. Due to the threads on the rod holders, the swaybars on the TC6.1/.2 are always cocked to one side. An easy way to mitigate this is to put in one set screw from the top and one from the bottom on the swaybar tube. This makes sure that as the set screw drives into the wire, it spins it in the right direction.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
We at RSD came out with a different suspension geometry package a while back. The geometry on the TC6.2 is not quite right. If it were, the team guys would not be changing the parts over to what they are.

The AE mod is a little more complex as you have to re-drill the rear arms to mount a swaybar mount and I believe also to match hinge pin size. They are also using Yokomo rear hub carriers to match up with the TC4 rear arms.

Our conversion is a little more straight forward and more plug and play. Our geometry (click on the link to the left) mimics the Yokomo's more closely, especially in the front. The results are more predictable handling, better mid corner rotation and more overall bite. Additionally slop is drastically reduced and durability goes way up.

Many people will say "I'm not good enough for it to make a difference". This is not the correct train of though. An easier car to drive will make you a better driver.

The swaybars are changed because they are easier to set up and the feel is more consistent. Due to the threads on the rod holders, the swaybars on the TC6.1/.2 are always cocked to one side. An easy way to mitigate this is to put in one set screw from the top and one from the bottom on the swaybar tube. This makes sure that as the set screw drives into the wire, it spins it in the right direction.
The TC4 rear and Tc5 front arms are the closest match to a yokomo with using standard Associated parts.

I have the RSD suspension conversion on my sedan and never looked back from the tc4 rear arms. one of the best/easiest changes you can make to improve the consistency of the car.

Aaron
Old 05-22-2015, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush

Will the conversion work on an original TC6? Or just the TC6.1/.2?
Old 05-22-2015, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It should work on the original TC6, but it is not ideal because of the suspension mount on the original TC6. With the narrower arms front to rear, the suspension mounts can come loose, but they will work.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Default Stronger Caster Blocks

I'm still running the box setup with the front spool and I have broken the right front caster block about four times with the minor of hits.

Are the TC5/TC6 caster blocks any stronger?
Old 05-25-2015, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

the best option.
Tuning Haus

Scroll down 3rd item down.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default team associated app

I noticed after i updated my team associated app i have for the ipad under car selection has tc 6.3 listed any word on when this updated kit is due to be released
Old 05-25-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by patorz31
the best option.
Tuning Haus

Scroll down 3rd item down.
Thanks
Old 05-25-2015, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Does anyone know if Mike Haynes and Juho was running that modified geometry on there cars?
Old 05-25-2015, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Default reedy setups,tips, modds

Lets have 'em!.. The AE cars looked good at the reedy race. Cant wait to see the team setups and tricks! I still run the tc5(heavily tweaked of course but i aint done) and im thiiiiis close to a newer more current car. Had my eye on three and the 6.2 is looking to be the best car of the bunch.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Castradamus
Does anyone know if Mike Haynes and Juho was running that modified geometry on there cars?
dont have the answer to this-- but i know Haynes found 0.5s/lap by the removal of a single screw from his motor mount. hopefully these guys post up the info for everyone.

super hard track. really made some of the best struggle..
Old 05-25-2015, 07:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Mike and Juho were both on the modified suspension geometry you can see on Rick and Ryan's cars on the RedRC chassis focus.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not an asphalt setup, but this has been working really well for me on carpet. My current mod and 17.5 setups are very close.

The TC4 rear arms allow the car to be driven very aggressively without the rear stepping out. There is a bit of work to get them on though. More wheelbase shims are required, a new droop screw hole needs to be drilled in the arms, the arm hinge pins need to be drilled, and some sanding may be required to provide clearance for the hub.

For those that like to play with setup, these arms are definitely worth trying out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TC6.2 Carpet Mod 052515.pdf (463.9 KB, 205 views)

Last edited by samnelso; 05-25-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tbamsey
I noticed after i updated my team associated app i have for the ipad under car selection has tc 6.3 listed any word on when this updated kit is due to be released
Which app ?
Old 05-26-2015, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

How is arm sweep different than toe? If I want .5 deg toe out, is it better to make sure everything is straight (ie steering arm linkages confirmed by the hudy setup board) and then simply put a 2 dot in the FF, 1 dot FR?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.