R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-05-2005, 09:24 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default What Car to get?? HPI? AE? XRAY?

i am currently running nitro however i was thinking about picking up electric as well. i need your help guys. ok this is what i am looking for:

competative car, that is easy to work on, easy to get parts, something that is durable, easy to set up..

HPI Pro4? TC3? TC4? XRAY? LOSSI?

thanks
Old 07-05-2005, 09:29 PM   #2
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

all of those cars are fine,

but purely from a quality and durability standpoint the Xray would be my choice,
Rod M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:35 PM   #3
Tech Regular

i was thinking about HPI, i think the part are cheast and available in more places than other
Old 07-05-2005, 09:38 PM   #4
Tech Elite

HPI and Xray are perfect for parts support, quality, fit and finish, durability, and they are just good overall cars. Neither need any mods or much if any hand fitting. Unlike the Losi and AE.

I've owned cars from all of those companies, so I'm not just reposting what I read. I like the Yoko the best of all of them, my LCG has the rip of the shaft drive, with the handling of a belt drive.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:40 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to ALBERTO Send a message via Yahoo to ALBERTO

every single one of those cars are great.... just pick one you can get part for ..... just in case
Old 07-05-2005, 09:40 PM   #6
Tech Regular

i now owned a Corally RDX i love this car beautiful car all the aluminium parts come in the kit!! great looking car but i have to say the Xray is a TANK hehe!! you cant break parts on the Xray and its competive car!! i will go whit the Xray for your first electric car!!!

but the RDX is a competive car too hehe!!!

Later!!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:44 PM   #7
Tech Master

All the mentioned cars are good competitive cars.

But I would think the losi would be a good choice.If you read the last issue of Xtreme,there's a artical on it.After reading the article,I think its a very easy acar to work on. Losi cars are also winning races. And as a american car,parts should be readily available.

But I run Tamiya.So I have to advertise a little for them.If you don't mind running a Japanese exotic.Then I can recommand the TRF415MS. Superb car....But its a little expensive.But hey,you get a graphite chassis with front and rear aluminium bulk heads.Think one of the 'Blinkest' car on the market...

Just my 2 cents...
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:00 PM   #8
Tech Regular

thanks for all of ur replies. i am doing research as replies coming in. thanks
Old 07-05-2005, 10:21 PM   #9
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Ben.C]After reading the article,I think its a very easy acar to work on. Losi cars are also winning races. And as a american car,parts should be readily available.

QUOTE]

I've heard/seen the complete opposite a friend of mine broke one of those plastic bulkheads in practice. If I'm going to drop over 300 clams on a chassis, I shouldn't get cheapo plastic bulkheads. Also, the owner has said that his old XXX-S is a faster car. He's no newbie and prob could be a factory racer if he raced more often.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:35 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

ide get the xray.......every single time

xray !!!111ONEONEONE111!!!
pink pac man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:37 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Anyone noticed how on most of the "this vs. that" threads, the guys always say the car they own is best?
Old 07-05-2005, 10:45 PM   #12
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynrc
i am currently running nitro however i was thinking about picking up electric as well. i need your help guys. ok this is what i am looking for:

competative car, that is easy to work on, easy to get parts, something that is durable, easy to set up..

HPI Pro4? TC3? TC4? XRAY? LOSSI?

thanks

i drove a tc4 many times and it was really dialed for some asphalt stock. It might not be as fancy, but is one hell of a car if setup properly, but then again that could be said on any car. But the tc4 is a really easy to drive car. I own a pro4 and it is one of the best cars out of the box, it's really competitve. But i might consider switching to either ft tc4 or fk05

Last edited by axel; 07-05-2005 at 11:15 PM.
axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:06 PM   #13
Tech Regular

Quote:
might consider switching my pro4 soon to either a tc4 or fk05.
A big down side that I see on Xrays is that parts are Expensive for it!! Now I rarely see anyone break their xrays but if they do man it's not cheap to fix it. This is only from what I have seen, not what I personally know.

The Pro 4 like Axel said is a very competitive car out of the box, strong running and doesn't snap too many pieces, unless you run a one-way!!

Personally I've been watching out for a good deal on an RDX. I heard those things are just dialed. More tuning options than my brain can handle, although it would be fun trying. Plus I really like the gun metal look on the aluminum parts.
nw racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:38 PM   #14
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
Anyone noticed how on most of the "this vs. that" threads, the guys always say the car they own is best?
yea, but if you thought you car was not the best then what are you driving it?
Rod M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:38 PM   #15
Tech Master

I'd probably have an RDX if their distribution didn't suck!

So far, Losi all the way! I don't really do rubber but this thing is nice on foam tires.
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote