Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree304Likes

Xray X1 - Formula One Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bikerbob
Quick question guys. Front Ride height. The shims under the posts? or the shims on the King pin? I am runing a 17.. What are most doing?
Changing the shims under the post is quick, easy and works well.

Changing the shims on the kingpin also works well but it is a more fiddly job. To make it as easy as possible I suggest:
- unscrew the locking grub screw that secures the steering arm to the kingpin
- push the kingpin up from below (compressing the spring), then re-tighten the grub screw
- the e-clip holding the top of the kingpin should now be a few mm above the top arm and much easier to remove - I use the nails on my thumbs to just push it off
[Thanks to Jan Rathiesky for this tip]
F N CUDA, PDR and Fredp1 like this.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
I tested with the carbon shaft, it lasted barely 4 packs before it bent and broke. Amazing acceleration with it, but no durability.

I'd save it for a final that's it.
I can also give the same comment for it but only with a greater warning on the carbon option diff shaft. I ran it on High Grip Carpet and it cracked in the first run. After the 3rd run, I could physically see it bending on high grip corners. I took it off the track for inspection in practice and could physically wiggle it around and see the teeth of the gear wobble. So I had no choice but to go back to the steel shaft for racing.

Basically, the composite shaft is no good for carpet racing. But It sure does go a good 3 tents bit faster. Accelerates like a demon off hairpins. Probabbly only a good part for carpet qualifing that is based off fast laps instead of heats.

And lastly, I’ve heard of others having the shaft break as well at my local track
Old 12-02-2018, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GT CRUSING

I can also give the same comment for it but only with a greater warning on the carbon option diff shaft. I ran it on High Grip Carpet and it cracked in the first run. After the 3rd run, I could physically see it bending on high grip corners. I took it off the track for inspection in practice and could physically wiggle it around and see the teeth of the gear wobble. So I had no choice but to go back to the steel shaft for racing.

Basically, the composite shaft is no good for carpet racing. But It sure does go a good 3 tents bit faster. Accelerates like a demon off hairpins. Probabbly only a good part for carpet qualifing that is based off fast laps instead of heats.

And lastly, I’ve heard of others having the shaft break as well at my local track
I knew something was up when Rathiesky was using the steele diff axle over the graphite.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:58 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Yep, knew someone that broke two of the carbon gear diff axles.

The carbon axle for the ball diff has been pretty strong for me after running it for a few years. Too bad the gear diff axle isn't as strong.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KINGZJ
as for the diff, you can run the traxxas slipper pegs in your diff instead of diff balls. Running with removed diff balls will cause issues if you dont put something in their place. If you are running on crc black carpet just do yourself a favor and buy a roche spool and an ae left hub and simplify everything. as for the ride height you can adjust either way I usually shim the kingpin but rarely ever need to adjust it I always run 4mm in the front and if it sags lower I replace the springs. I replace the springs at least once a season.

Jesse
Are these the parts needed, Jesse?

Rapide P12/F1 Carbon Solid Rear Axle Set

https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-as...sc8648/p632913

Will these fit any year X1? I recently bought a used one and not sure what year it is. Is there an easy way to tell? On amain, they suggest the XRAY gear diff will fit the 2017 and 2018. Will it not fit earlier models?
Old 12-03-2018, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtebbe
Are these the parts needed, Jesse?

Rapide P12/F1 Carbon Solid Rear Axle Set

https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-as...sc8648/p632913

Will these fit any year X1? I recently bought a used one and not sure what year it is. Is there an easy way to tell? On amain, they suggest the XRAY gear diff will fit the 2017 and 2018. Will it not fit earlier models?
yes that is what I use. I dont know the specifics of interchange but I would bet it would work. Just use a calipers to verify you have everything spaced correctly.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Has anybody gotten the new X1 body of the World champion edition? Body 379702

And if so, how does it handle/fit?

I just got it but its really long and not much of a fan of the small nose sticking out past the front wing
Old 12-10-2018, 06:16 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

It is a Montech body, so not specifically designed for the X1, but for most F1 chassis.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I’m glad I read the this thread before buying the the graphite axle
Old 12-17-2018, 11:51 AM
Tech Rookie

buy a roche spool and an ae left hub and simplify everything...

Jesse
Why the Associated Left Hub? Does the X-Ray one not fit?
Old 12-17-2018, 11:59 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Any F1 clamping hub that accepts a 1/4" shaft should work, just space it our accordingly. The Xray hub is expensive (as typical of Xray parts). The AE hub costs less and does the same function.
dawgmeat and chensleyrc1 like this.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malkie

Yep Dan nailed it. Cost, why spend more when their is no need.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malkie

AE one, plus the price of a radtech spool axle is cheaper or equal in cost to the XRay one alone. And I personally like the AE one better, seems lighter and more balanced.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:57 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

https://www.amainhobbies.com/yokomo-...yr-24l/p585178

This is pretty cheap too and should work.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Yep Dan nailed it. Cost, why spend more when their is no need.
Since I already have the X-Ray one there is no need to buy another just for the spool, saves even more!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.