Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skipstr
PM'd
Thanks. Just replied.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Default x1

hello,
we drive 4 xRay x1 in my car I can not adjust properly the chassis height . he is always right side 2-3 mm deeper . we have the car 4 times already disassembled and reassembled. Nothing helps . He is and remains right deeper.also if I build all the electronics to the left. I think the chassis is twisted. do you have something like this already had ?

sorry thad bad english.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by heinzi
hello,
we drive 4 xRay x1 in my car I can not adjust properly the chassis height . he is always right side 2-3 mm deeper . we have the car 4 times already disassembled and reassembled. Nothing helps . He is and remains right deeper.also if I build all the electronics to the left. I think the chassis is twisted. do you have something like this already had ?

sorry thad bad english.
DO you have any photographs we can see to check if something is wrong?
Old 01-25-2015, 02:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

hello,

sorry thad bad english.
If the chassis is tweaked it would show on the set up board.
with 2 droop blocks under the chassis(not the rear pod) you can easily see whether it is tweaked or not.
When this is ok, you should check the wiring to the pod, does it moves freely.
Is your wiring not to thick, 16 awg is more then enough up until 17.5
Maybe your side damper is not ok,remove it and check again.
Your side links can be to firmly bolted on.
your pivot brace may not move freely because overtightening the screws on top of the upper brace. (373092)

Last edited by JoJo1241; 01-25-2015 at 03:06 PM. Reason: text
Old 01-25-2015, 10:19 PM
Tech Rookie

hello
the one with the cable I have tested. the chassis is also twisted when I remove the whole elektronok . without dampers the pot is free and not stif .
next i check it with 2 droop blocks under the chassis.

Thanks for help.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:45 PM
Tech Champion

If there are shims/spacers on the front suspension king pins...make sure they are the same on both sides.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

hello
the one with the cable I have tested. the chassis is also twisted when I remove the whole elektronok . without dampers the pot is free and not stif .
next i check it with 2 droop blocks under the chassis.

Thanks for help.
I wonder, your ride height inserts in the rear pod, are they the same?
Not one up side down, i know it sounds silly, but it happened to me too.
with only your side shock hex screw loosened so the shaft is detached from the alu side shock collar(378170-o), no change?
with just the side shock loosened, the chassis should settle ok.
The side shock is often the reason the chassis does not settle it self properly.
Some times you just have to drive the car to loosen it up.
Just do one thing at the same time, to keep it simple.

Last edited by JoJo1241; 01-26-2015 at 12:19 AM. Reason: text
Old 01-27-2015, 04:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Check also the three poles of the frontsuspension; after a hit the can move and your left and right caster can be very off.....
Old 01-27-2015, 04:16 AM
sbd
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ericjooopuntnl
Check also the three poles of the frontsuspension; after a hit the can move and your left and right caster can be very off.....
How you resolve this?
Old 01-27-2015, 10:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sbd
How you resolve this?
Just loosen the screws a bit of the 3 poles at the bottom and top.
then realign the upper arms and tighten up again.
very simple, but it works.
I have seen Ericjooopuntnl do it.
Sorry Eric, kon het niet laten.

Last edited by JoJo1241; 01-27-2015 at 02:21 PM. Reason: text
Old 01-27-2015, 01:29 PM
Tech Rookie

I have been working a week the nights on the x1 . Friends have often helped . now I have no more pleasurable . I'll get another F1 . that was my first and last xray . but I drive many cars in my rc- life bud never see befor this.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have been working a week the nights on the x1 . Friends have often helped . now I have no more pleasurable . I'll get another F1 . that was my first and last xray . but I drive many cars in my rc- life bud never see befor this.
sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you......we have 4 in our club and they ALL work Awesome.......I am sure it is a simple fix as most times it is......where are you located? has anyone else local to you built one that you could compare it too? ANY Xray team drivers on here that could chime in and help heinzi out? heinzi.......take pix and post them here so we can look at it and see if we all notice anything odd. also maybe try the forum at Xray.

again sorry that you are having problems.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Every car is different, sometimes it just takes some getting use to. This is my first Xray, (Long time Serpent guy) and had i known a couple of weeks ago that Serpent was releasing their new f1 car in march, I would have waited, but I don't regret my decision on the X1. The car is great, just take your time and read and reread threads on the car. You will learn a lot, and learn to appreciate car.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:00 AM
sbd
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Evo 13
Every car is different, sometimes it just takes some getting use to. This is my first Xray, (Long time Serpent guy) and had i known a couple of weeks ago that Serpent was releasing their new f1 car in march, I would have waited, but I don't regret my decision on the X1. The car is great, just take your time and read and reread threads on the car. You will learn a lot, and learn to appreciate car.
The x1 is really excellent. For me the front end is the best I have seen in an f1 car. Simple, functional and looks quite strong. I have seen some pictures of the new Serpent front end and I cant say I like it better. It is more complicated and has elements of the yokomo yrf (which i also own) and x1. One think which strikes when you compare the yoko and xray is the quality of plastics. The xray plastic has much stronger feel.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Evo 13
I think you made the right choice.
If you would have gone with Serpent, you would have eventually got issues with parts that aren't available, slow production runs which means waiting for months on parts that Serpent doesn't have in stock.

With your X1, you have the guarantee that XRAY supports your car & you'll be able to get your hands on parts for years to come. Serpent is the complete opposite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.