Search
Like Tree305Likes

Xray X1 - Formula One Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by team_tamale
How many of you would be interested in a Team Tamale aluminum chassis and lower pod plate for the X1? Just trying to gauge the interest to decide if this would be worth pursuing.
Hey Larry, I am definitely interested. I will see you at DMS next Saturday.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by luda
Hi Jay,

The bladder I received was so large it did not fit inside the shock and the shock was unbuildable. I am not sure what issue you are talking about before but the bladder I received was completely wrong for the shock body. I would expect that the bladder provided would actually fit in the shock body as standard issue. This was my problem. Xray authorised the replacement. It was just never shipped. So regardless of what the issue was the slackness of HEI meant that I never received what even Xray themselves thought I should.

Which was my entire point. No problem with Xray. My problem is with HEI who are the distributor in Aus.
HEI is doing a great job in service and customer support, unfortunately this issue got missed. However once the request has been re-send, HEI promptly responded and is sending you the replacements. We apologize once again.
carrizojim likes this.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am looking for a gently used X1 if anyone is selling.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by luda
Hi Jay,

The bladder I received was so large it did not fit inside the shock and the shock was unbuildable. I am not sure what issue you are talking about before but the bladder I received was completely wrong for the shock body. I would expect that the bladder provided would actually fit in the shock body as standard issue. This was my problem. Xray authorised the replacement. It was just never shipped. So regardless of what the issue was the slackness of HEI meant that I never received what even Xray themselves thought I should.

Which was my entire point. No problem with Xray. My problem is with HEI who are the distributor in Aus.
Gotcha. Glad it got replaced. The early kits had a different bladder than the later kits, wanted to be sure you knew about this, same kit possible to get two different bladders
Old 07-13-2015, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

raced my X1 for the first time this past weekend. This was my first F1 race (have raced other classes for several years). But first time w/ an F1 and certainly a first w/ the X1. We only ran 1 main, had about 8 entrants ...I actually ended 5th out of 8ish ...for my first attempt at F1 I felt that was a good result. Was very pleased w/ my car, I don't have other F1's to compare it to, but it felt good. Errors were all on my part and lack of experience finessing the X1. But love my new wheels!

One complaint/wish I didn't do:
I purchased an Exotek heat sink for the motor ...waste of $20. Everytime you slightly nudge a wall the heat sink dislodges and rubs against the rear axle making a horrible sound. I yanked it off during warm-ups and never looked back. Anyone want to buy my Exotek heatsink? It's really nice? --JK.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

[QUOTE=eR1c;14093365]raced my X1 for the first time this past weekend. This was my first F1 race (have raced other classes for several years). But first time w/ an F1 and certainly a first w/ the X1. We only ran 1 main, had about 8 entrants ...I actually ended 5th out of 8ish ...for my first attempt at F1 I felt that was a good result. Was very pleased w/ my car, I don't have other F1's to compare it to, but it felt good. Errors were all on my part and lack of experience finessing the X1. But love my new wheels!

Did you race on carpet or asphalt?
Old 07-13-2015, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

asphalt, ...newly sealed, fairly high traction, warm day outside ...track was about 90degrees. The car stuck to the track nicely, ...mostly I gave it too much throttle and the rear would want to kick out ...i was able to control it and managed a decent place. Yet I literally came from racing my TC only a few minutes earlier ...where I could just throttle and point and it went... F1 takes softer/easier/smoother controlling.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Nice! You are so lucky to have permanent outside/asphalt track,

you run shimizu or ride tires?

mine is not already finish, and it will be a carpet setup!
Old 07-13-2015, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

shimizu tires, ...like I said, this is my first F1 car so I don't have experience w/ any other tires. The Shimizu tires were nice and sticky, really kept my car planted on the track. They are on par w/ a great set of TC tires.
I run the 771 and 772's (I think that is the correct part number ...but at work so can't look it up right now).
Old 07-13-2015, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
asphalt, ...newly sealed, fairly high traction, warm day outside ...track was about 90degrees. The car stuck to the track nicely, ...mostly I gave it too much throttle and the rear would want to kick out ...i was able to control it and managed a decent place. Yet I literally came from racing my TC only a few minutes earlier ...where I could just throttle and point and it went... F1 takes softer/easier/smoother controlling.
Compared to touring car how do they drive?
Old 07-13-2015, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Compared to touring car how do they drive?
uh, not sure I follow exactly.
I am no expert, i've only started racing my X1.

Speaking of the Shimizu tires I used:
They compare to a nice set of TC tires in that they stick to the road really well and keep the X1 planted on the track, no sliding or drifting.

Speaking of the X1 and how it compares to driving a Touring Car:
Totally different driving experience. That is the nature of F1's from what I've learned. Typical TC's are 4wd, F1's are RWD. The rear of the X1 (and probably most F1's) wants to kick out if you get on the throttle too hard. Also you really have to slow down to take tight turns otherwise it will really push and you'll not make the turn. TC's can take tight turns much easier.

Again, I preface w/ this as saying I have experience racing other types of cars, but not much when it comes to the X1. I am very low/early on the X1 learning curve.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

do you run with drag brake or A. B.S ?

Both?
Old 07-13-2015, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by eR1c
One complaint/wish I didn't do:
I purchased an Exotek heat sink for the motor ...waste of $20. Everytime you slightly nudge a wall the heat sink dislodges and rubs against the rear axle making a horrible sound. I yanked it off during warm-ups and never looked back. Anyone want to buy my Exotek heatsink? It's really nice? --JK.
I use this heat sink.
I put a dot of shoe-goo on the rear most tab before popping it onto the motor and it has never moved the whole season.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Doesn't the shoe goo act as an insulator though? I would think you'll still get heat dissipation but the shoe goo won't be as effective as something designed to conduct heat no?
Old 07-26-2015, 02:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by INFERN0
Doesn't the shoe goo act as an insulator though? I would think you'll still get heat dissipation but the shoe goo won't be as effective as something designed to conduct heat no?
Of course it does, that is why I said "just a dot", only on the back edge. You only need a tiny bit to keep the heat sink from shifting. You don't need much at all to do the trick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.