R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #16
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePanda View Post
Never used that, i have used the pargon stuff though
you mean fxii?
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #17
Tech Champion
 
ThePanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,052
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
you mean fxii?
Yes that is it.
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #18
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,789
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePanda View Post
Yes that is it.
Thanks!
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #19
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,696
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I would not go with the softest springs you can find. You need to consider the type of bumps, are they rises above the normal or are they divots below the normal. When i look at the surface I see a lot of divots where the grout is between the bricks, so, you want a fair amount of rebound and rear droop and low pack in the shocks to keep the tires on the surface as you go over the grout lines, with a fairly high ride height 7mm ish to allow the car to roll. Over all, it is going to be a pig of a surface to get a good setup on, and one to find much traction on. I wish you luck.
RogerDaShrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #20
Tech Champion
 
ThePanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,052
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber View Post
I would not go with the softest springs you can find. You need to consider the type of bumps, are they rises above the normal or are they divots below the normal. When i look at the surface I see a lot of divots where the grout is between the bricks, so, you want a fair amount of rebound and rear droop and low pack in the shocks to keep the tires on the surface as you go over the grout lines, with a fairly high ride height 7mm ish to allow the car to roll. Over all, it is going to be a pig of a surface to get a good setup on, and one to find much traction on. I wish you luck.
Get a spring set, that way you can experiment with what wold work best. Some companies offer different sets, for example tamiya offers ha hard, and a soft spring pack, if you have the option, get the soft set.
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #21
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,789
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePanda View Post
Get a spring set, that way you can experiment with what wold work best. Some companies offer different sets, for example tamiya offers ha hard, and a soft spring pack, if you have the option, get the soft set.
I have prepared to using Tamiya red and yellow springs on my old Cyclone TC for this race.
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #22
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 43
Default

If just rubber tires use buggy grip. Apply it the night before and put it in a zip lock bag overnight. Pargon stuff donot work well on these kind of surface.......
__________________
www.beamcat.com
beamcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:43 AM   #23
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamcat View Post
If just rubber tires use buggy grip. Apply it the night before and put it in a zip lock bag overnight. Pargon stuff donot work well on these kind of surface.......
Are you from HK, what do you think about these Speedmind roadfighter radials, could use buggy grip 2?
In fact i have got that Mumeisha traction compound, could be acceptable?

If you don't mind please don't hesitate to share me your experience and some setup tips, please?

Best regards
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #24
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber View Post
I would not go with the softest springs you can find. You need to consider the type of bumps, are they rises above the normal or are they divots below the normal. When i look at the surface I see a lot of divots where the grout is between the bricks, so, you want a fair amount of rebound and rear droop and low pack in the shocks to keep the tires on the surface as you go over the grout lines, with a fairly high ride height 7mm ish to allow the car to roll. Over all, it is going to be a pig of a surface to get a good setup on, and one to find much traction on. I wish you luck.
I will measure the car height from my big diameter radial tires but not from setup station.
Spring is still doubt, maybe i will put the shocks standup with tamiya red rear and yellow front or hpi blue rear with silver front, but this depends layout, despite i have hear it could be not technical but so small that just could run 6 cars on same time.
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:56 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net