R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-29-2005, 10:48 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to skater-racer
Default what is the best 1/10 scale car

im looking to get a 1/10 4wd car and im just beginning in on-road racing i would like an electric one with alot of aftermarket bodys and is farily fast so what would the best car be and how much would it cost and if you have a link to the car post it here
skater-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 10:56 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

this could get interesting. There are lots of cars that can be very competive. xray o5, loxi jrxs, AE tc4. shui's MI2. Yokos has a couple of cars. and Tamiya have a coule of cars. Your best bet would be to go down to your local track and see what everyone driving. and also check to see what your local Hobby shop carries, Important for parts. Just my two cents.
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 10:58 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

is the l4 any good they drive that around here
Old 06-29-2005, 11:30 PM   #4
Tech Elite

The l4 isn't a 1/10th touring car 4wd, it is a 1/12th 2wd car. If you are just getting started, I would skip this car and class.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:09 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Default XRAY

XRAY T1 FK 04 & 05, fast......... ver fast indeed out of the box. when it comes to quality and strength nothing even compares to the xray t1 family.. trust me they are a good choice.
DIMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:12 AM   #6
Tech Master

Wink

There is no such thing as the 'Best Touring Car'....

Most top end cars are comparable with each other.1st you must see what your LHS is carrying?? I drive Tamiya as my LHS is the Tamiya distributor for the region and I'm confirm a good supply of parts. 2nd thing is your budget,top end cars are quite expensive,so are their parts.

These are my few cents.Hope it helps you in your selection.
Btw,I'm driving a Tamiya TRF415MS. A very pleasant handling car...
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:22 AM   #7
Tech Rookie

hi

As ben said, you can't say that "that particular car" is the best, it's the driver, who's working the magic i'm driving an Tamiya, but has decided to change to the new Xray, not because, the tamiya wasn't good enough, no just because i wanted a change of things. well, if I was YOU, I would maybe try the new Associated, lovely car, tried one, at my local track. drives sweet.
well that's my word's..
trf 415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:37 AM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by edseb
The l4 isn't a 1/10th touring car 4wd, it is a 1/12th 2wd car. If you are just getting started, I would skip this car and class.

if they are running 12th scale. i recomend it.. 12th scale will make you a much better driver then touring willl.. it teaches you to run tighte lines..
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:44 AM   #9
Tech Elite

If there were a "best car", everybody would be running it, and we all would be on top of the podium. Kind of boring, right?

The best car for YOU, is the car:

1) which have good local support. Both about spare parts AND about knowledge. When you'll be having a problem with your car, it's very helpful to ask the other guys in the pit. So dont choose a car, that nobody else is running (unless you're prepared to do all the hard stuff ALONE)

2) a car you can afford.

3) a wellknown and reliable car. Go for the big brands.

4) last, yet very important, a car you know inside out. This, of course, is impossible in the beginning. But it means that if all of the abbove is fullfilled, then the guy who takes his time and learn the ups and downs of his particular car, AND turn this into his advantage, have the potential of beating most - maybe all - of the competition.

But the most important thing, have fun
Old 06-30-2005, 07:45 AM   #10
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi i would like to suggest and xray fk04 or fk05 not just because i own both of them but because they are super smooth and very quick on the track if money is not a problem that's the one i would go with.or if you would like a cheaper car just as good go with a AE or a losi just my 2 cents.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:29 AM   #11
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to vi3tishduy

as for aftermarket bodies? um.. all 1/10th scale cars have unlimited bodies, just drill the holes for mountin posts. As for aftermarket parts, i'd recommend you go with the TC4 or even the TC3. Why? They're popular, affordable, and lots of aftermarket items. I used to have a TC3 well, I still do, its fast and a good car to start out with. I'm planning on getting a TA05 next. Also, whats your budget?
vi3tishduy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 08:39 AM   #12
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to macvolcom

Just wait till the FT TC4 comes out. Its gonna be such a nice car!!!!!!! cannot wait .
macvolcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:11 AM   #13
Tech Apprentice

when is the ft tc4 coming out?
Old 06-30-2005, 11:31 AM   #14
Tech Initiate

The FT TC4 will be out pretty soon and I recommend you to take it as soon as you get the chance, because it already won the Reedy race of 2005 in its first test run and the great reputation these super machines have. You will be buying dozens of after market parts and bodies, the prices are very reasonable as well. You have no excuse to decline from taking it at all. If you want it you can go to www.speedtechrc.com and make a preorder.
Captain Harlock is offline   Reply With Quote