R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Shumacher Mi3 with Titanium and CF parts worth?

Hey everyone. I bought this from a friend of mine a while back with the intent of racing and just never got around to it. The arms are all Carbon Fiber and it has the entire aluminum areas as you can see upgraded with the $120.00 Titanium package. This was used very little. The belt between the rear drive train and the spur gear is missing. It can be bought for $9.95 on ebay. Comes with original box and extra spur gears, parts etc. What do you guys think I can ask for a selling price? Rolling chassis of course with no electronics. Thanks everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Shumacher Mi3 with Titanium and CF parts worth?-img_9619.jpg   Shumacher Mi3 with Titanium and CF parts worth?-img_9620.jpg   Shumacher Mi3 with Titanium and CF parts worth?-img_9621.jpg   Shumacher Mi3 with Titanium and CF parts worth?-img_9622.jpg   Shumacher Mi3 with Titanium and CF parts worth?-img_9623.jpg  

volcomsnows2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:42 AM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Generally a good rule is: add up the total value of something, then ask 50-65% if it's in nice condition.
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePanda View Post
Generally a good rule is: add up the total value of something, then ask 50-65% if it's in nice condition.
Well, the reason I ask is because the Mi3 is not made anymore and I have no idea what the retail cost is on something like this.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I did some homework for you...

RCTECH has For Sale and Wanted to Buy forums. Go to the For Sale forum and search for Mi3. See how much others are asking for Mi3. Here is a link to a search I did (http://www.rctech.net/forum/search.p...rchid=16917995).

----------

Even though it is an older car there are a few classes where it can be raced competitively, such as VTA and USGT. Check out those threads in the on-road forums. Someone who is still racing that car in those classes might be willing to offer you more for your stuff.

Also, if there is a track near you that is running VTA or USGT, you might consider racing it yourself.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post
I did some homework for you...

RCTECH has For Sale and Wanted to Buy forums. Go to the For Sale forum and search for Mi3. See how much others are asking for Mi3. Here is a link to a search I did[/url]).

----------

Even though it is an older car there are a few classes where it can be raced competitively, such as VTA and USGT. Check out those threads in the on-road forums. Someone who is still racing that car in those classes might be willing to offer you more for your stuff.

Also, if there is a track near you that is running VTA or USGT, you might consider racing it yourself.
Thanks for taking the time to check it out. I don't even know where to race on road here in the Los Angeles/OC area anymore. I started in parking lot races then to Socal Raceway and my most frequent was West Coast Raceway. All have pretty much closed. The only raceway I know of near is OCRC and they are only off road. Thanks again and I will check the links.

Pete