Protoform Mazda6 GX Handling?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Protoform Mazda6 GX Handling?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

What is the range of wheelbase for Mazda6 GX ?

I tried to seek it in protoform website, and also the net, but it is not available.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The GX has the same wheelbase range as our other 190mm TC bodies. From around 259-262mm. There are no rear wheelwell markings so you can trim it as you need.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EricPF
The GX has the same wheelbase range as our other 190mm TC bodies. From around 259-262mm. There are no rear wheelwell markings so you can trim it as you need.

Thanks EricPF!

Old 11-21-2014, 07:04 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

The GX body is still my go-to body, but I have started looking for alternatives due to quality issues with a few of my gx bodies. One of them is very twisted/asymetric......one of the front wheel openings had to be cut very high, and the other very low. I only used it once before shelving it. My current gx body is super brittle compared to my previous gx bodies. It cracks at the slightest board tap, and the cracks propogate along the body lines/hood lines.
I have a Sweep STC-6 body on order. I'm hoping it will be more like the gx compared to the Sweep STC-4. I want to also try a bittydesign nardo.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DBM
..... but I have started looking for alternatives due to quality issues with a few of my gx bodies. One of them is very twisted/asymetric......one of the front wheel openings had to be cut very high, and the other very low. I only used it once before shelving it. My current gx body is super brittle compared to my previous gx bodies. It cracks at the slightest board tap, and the cracks propogate along the body lines/hood lines......
DBM:
Would you be willing to return those two GX bodies to us so we can inspect them closely? We constantly strive to have the best possible quality. These type of complains are very very rare thankfull. The "twisted/asymetric" complaint is actually the first ever complaint I've seen for a badly flawed body shell as you've described it. All GX bodies come of the same mold, so it makes me very curious.

Let em know asap. We take this stuff serious.

Dale Epp - Protoform
Old 11-23-2014, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

DBM:
We'll cover the shipping expenses as well as replace the bodies if in fact those problems indeed started with us. Let me know man.

Dale - Protoform
Old 11-24-2014, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleepp
DBM:
Would you be willing to return those two GX bodies to us so we can inspect them closely? We constantly strive to have the best possible quality. These type of complains are very very rare thankfull. The "twisted/asymetric" complaint is actually the first ever complaint I've seen for a badly flawed body shell as you've described it. All GX bodies come of the same mold, so it makes me very curious.

Let em know asap. We take this stuff serious.

Dale Epp - Protoform
Your objectivity is one of my favorite qualities Dale.