New CRC F1 At IIC >

New CRC F1 At IIC

Like Tree24Likes

New CRC F1 At IIC

Old 02-07-2017, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big_ads
Hudy has a bushing set to use two of their touring car set up stations. You can also order an f1 setup station from hudy that comes with the pair of bushings and two setup stands.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hudy-un...FRc6gQody-cBwA
Originally Posted by TT_Vert
Thanks, Hudy is a bit more than I'm going to spend but I appreciate all the input.

Dave
The setup station with the bushings is pretty poor. The setup station is only good for static to and camber with the wheels centered. As you turn the wheels to check steering symmetry the plates are locked to the axle. A better system would be like their pan car setup station....an adapter needs to be made to house 5 x 10 bearings.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Dave,

John left CRC some months ago. Brian is da man! He is at [email protected]

Setups change; so, getting the absolute latest from him is best. Plus, he can suggest per your track situation too.

Bill
Bill, I just spoke w/ who it said was John Firsching at his CRC email (Or so I think it's him) last Friday. Although they signed the email as Team CRC so perhaps it wasn't him.

Dave

Originally Posted by Xpress
The setup station with the bushings is pretty poor. The setup station is only good for static to and camber with the wheels centered. As you turn the wheels to check steering symmetry the plates are locked to the axle. A better system would be like their pan car setup station....an adapter needs to be made to house 5 x 10 bearings.
Is this Esposito? If so we raced together quite a long time ago at some warehouse down south (I forget where). It was 1/10th scale oval if I recall.
Dave
Old 02-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Bill, I just spoke w/ who it said was John Firsching at his CRC email (Or so I think it's him) last Friday. Although they signed the email as Team CRC so perhaps it wasn't him.

Dave
Hi Dave,

Yes. Brian and/or John's replacement have been answering John's emails since his departure.

I miss John; but, Brian did a great job of covering everything at CRC for a few months while Frank C (motorcycle injury) was out too.

That's why I continue to say that Brian is da man at CRC...and on the race track.

Bill
Old 02-09-2017, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah I did speak to Brian a bit via email a few days back and he was very helpful. It doesn't say it but I think after some research the kit oil is 30 wt. However it does not list any for sale on their site. Anyone know the cSt of their oil or close to it? I'm going to have to fab up some viscosity meter if not.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It is 32.5 wt.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dumper
It is 32.5 wt.
Still 30 wt for all other classes of CRC kits?????
Old 02-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Brian when we talked at the birds you mention the roll center adjustment with motor shims. I did not ask if you were using them? For those out there could you also post your set-up for the F1 like you did for the WGT-R. Thanks for all the help at the birds- taking a week off before I try to improve my F1 results.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Great idea BullFrog. I'd love to see what people are thinking, what they're doing and the results of these changes in setup on different surfaces.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by al dente
All these things you are asking about are adjustable, and have an impact on the performance of the car. droop in the rear of the car is adjusted by changing the length of the shock. the longer you make the shock, the more droop you have in the rear pod. spring tension should be set so that the car is flat when sitting on the ground and ready to race. not enough tension, and the center of the car will sag, too much and it will peak at the center pivot. we always run just a shade of toe out (about 1/2 degree) and id start with 1 degree of camber. more camber will give you more steering, to a point (about 2 degrees, then you will start to lose contact patch with the track. we are generally running light dampening in the tubes (between 5 and 10k).

hope this helps.
Sorry, I didn't mean to skip over this but I somehow missed it. Thanks for the info. What are you experiencing when going from lighter to heavier oils in the dampening tubes? I know transition will be quicker/slower but what effect does that have on the cars handling characteristics?

Thanks
Dave
Old 02-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

When settings the side spring tension, the base kit setup is to have the side springs just touching right? Is this checked at full droop or ride height?

Thanks
Dave
Old 02-10-2017, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

When settings the side spring tension, the base kit setup is to have the side springs just touching right? Is this checked at full droop or ride height?

Thanks
Dave
Checked at ride height.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks and am I correct that the base setup has it just touching? How are you guys getting this accurate? I was just putting a piece of paper between the chassis and the spring and then once it touched I removed paper and turned it a hair more. What adjustments are you guys making to perfect it and fine tune?

Thanks
Dave
Old 02-10-2017, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Base setup should be just touching. I do it by eye, get them as close as i can then set tweek on car. If the track layout has alot of chicanes or quick switch backs ill add a 1/2 turn of preload for a little quicker transitions.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
Base setup should be just touching. I do it by eye, get them as close as i can then set tweek on car. If the track layout has alot of chicanes or quick switch backs ill add a 1/2 turn of preload for a little quicker transitions.
This is correct.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Brian when we talked at the birds you mention the roll center adjustment with motor shims. I did not ask if you were using them? For those out there could you also post your set-up for the F1 like you did for the WGT-R. Thanks for all the help at the birds- taking a week off before I try to improve my F1 results.
I use the gold motor screw washers under the carbon plate to help get the ride height. 1 per screw. It is .5mm thick, so if you have something else that will work too. My car has already been shipped to the next race, so i will post based on memory.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.