Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T4'14

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by morgoth
The prototype part has 3 holes if you look good
sorry dont know your name,can i ask where did you finish at the ets?
Old 02-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by eded1
It looking good when you win, or did you mean the holes in the upper-link mount brace.
I guess the upper link brace, i see the holes(3) in 1 row, quit different from
the kit brace.
It is after all A Xray weekend the car(and driver) did not only the ETS mod and stock
but also the snowbirds, at least the first A main with Fischer 2nd and Hebert 3th.
Where Fischer get my attention he is running with the Viper ESC.
I meant the holes
Old 02-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Questions??

I picked up a Rev-tech Kill shot for my T4 14. I tried to put it in the car but I can't get the second screw in with out tweaking the car. Are there some motors that need to be massaged to get them in? Do I try a different endbell or grind on the motor mount a little?

Thanks.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It's in the manual, just follow that!
Old 02-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
I picked up a Rev-tech Kill shot for my T4 14. I tried to put it in the car but I can't get the second screw in with out tweaking the car. Are there some motors that need to be massaged to get them in? Do I try a different endbell or grind on the motor mount a little?

Thanks.
Some of the Kill Shot motors have the wrong spacing for the holes. they have fixed it snice.
I had same isuse and was lucky that a friend overheated his and I was able to get his front plate. but before that i put some shims under motor mount and also under spur gear so the holes would line up in the motor mount
Old 02-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tpczx6
Some of the Kill Shot motors have the wrong spacing for the holes. they have fixed it snice.
I had same isuse and was lucky that a friend overheated his and I was able to get his front plate. but before that i put some shims under motor mount and also under spur gear so the holes would line up in the motor mount
Thank you.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
sorry dont know your name,can i ask where did you finish at the ets?
In practice I was still lacking steering, but found it in the qualifications by running the setup Hagberg was running. Although for me it was a little hard in the chicanes to drive.

I qualified 4th in the H main due some bad quali's. In the main I got hit every start from guys overshooting the first 180° and fell to one of last positions every time :-( I could always get back to the front and race the last minute with the fast guys from the heat. I ended as 74th overall in modified.

The pace was very high and during qualifications the difference between the top 20 and the top 70 guys was only 10-15 seconds. So 1 little mistake takes 10 -20 places away.

But I had a lot of fun. The track was great, the car was good, but the most important thing is that we had a lot of fun with the Belgian guys :-)
Old 02-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

In practice I was still lacking steering, but found it in the qualifications by running the setup Hagberg was running. Although for me it was a little hard in the chicanes to drive.

I qualified 4th in the H main due some bad quali's. In the main I got hit every start from guys overshooting the first 180° and fell to one of last positions every time :-( I could always get back to the front and race the last minute with the fast guys from the heat. I ended as 74th overall in modified.

The pace was very high and during qualifications the difference between the top 20 and the top 70 guys was only 10-15 seconds. So 1 little mistake takes 10 -20 places away.

But I had a lot of fun. The track was great, the car was good, but the most important thing is that we had a lot of fun with the Belgian guys :-)
Did you practice in Mol Belgium.
I did 2 weeks ago nice track
Old 02-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jasper knows Mol very well, good old offroad buggy grounds ;-)
Old 02-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by eded1
Did you practice in Mol Belgium.
I did 2 weeks ago nice track
I've been there twice in december, but on CPX tyres. The car behaves totally different with the Ride tires.

Originally Posted by Matthijs
Jasper knows Mol very well, good old offroad buggy grounds ;-)
After 2 years, I'm still sad that the track is gone. Best track we had in Belgium
Old 02-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

I've been there twice in december, but on CPX tyres. The car behaves totally different with the Ride tires.

After 2 years, I'm still sad that the track is gone. Best track we had in Belgium
I have looked I think on Google earth you can see the print, it is pitty to lost a nice track in this area.
In Mol I drove on Sorex, but no good set-up.

Thanks Mathijs from Uithoorn How things are going, I look to the summer driving on the MACH track.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:25 AM
Tech Master

Just finished installing the electrics in my T4'14. Man this car is light, the new wishbone hangers and narrow chassis have saved a lot of weight! I'm at 1340g even with a data logger, two fans and a heavy GM motor and 7000 lipo.

Anyone running VTA is gonna have to strap two cars together to make weight I reckon.

The new wishbone hangers are a nice improvement, much easier to get the suspension both smooth and free of play, and easier to change settings without dropping bushes, shims and hangers on the floor.

Bring on some dry weather please!
Old 02-04-2014, 02:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daleburr
The new wishbone hangers are a nice improvement, much easier to get the suspension both smooth and free of play, and easier to change settings without dropping bushes, shims and hangers on the floor.
I agree, but you can no longer fine tune the rear toe without effecting the rear track quite badly.

I have put on the Xray forum that some +0.25 and +0.75 blocks would be nice.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Most importantly, to me, the new suspension hold the setup really, really well. You can do some pretty big board taps / curb jumps / traction rolls / cartwheels and the setup stays put. If anything, it'll pick up a topdeck tweak, but that's about it.

-Mike
Old 02-04-2014, 03:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I agree, but you can no longer fine tune the rear toe without effecting the rear track quite badly.

I have put on the Xray forum that some +0.25 and +0.75 blocks would be nice.
Maybe Mr Reflex could machine a RR hanger that's 0.25mm wider? Switching between that and the normal hanger would give those inbetween positions. I think you'd only need an RR hanger as it's only really rear toe that's sensitive enough to need inbetween positions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.